Something I Miss From The Old Ui Is A Preview Of The Weather Settings

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DarkWolf, Dec 12, 2022.

1. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Active Member

In TSW2 when you were selecting your weather options it was nice how you had a preview of what you were selecting on the little diorama in the background. It made it easier if you were trying to get a certain amount of snow on the ground or wind or precipitation. It also gave you a heads up as to the light levels for that time of day and that time of year.

I wish we had something like that in TSW3. It can be hard to judge just what you are getting from the sliders alone.

DW

• Like Like x 14
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s all a bit ‘trial and error’ now. And it’s made more difficult to replicate when you do find a nice setting due to no numerical levels or percentages being shown, just the bars and your own judgement.

I’d very much like to be able to pause the game and change the weather from the pause menu if I’ve got it all wrong, rather than having to go through the whole menu system and start the run from scratch again with another stab at the settings, but I guess that will never be a thing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dath Vater 208

Dath Vater 208 Active Member

After Rush Hour in TSW2 this feature was harder to use, since it all was "inside" a station. Old open-area diorama was excellent for this.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

Agree. Being able to preview the weather nuance prior to starting the operation would be a nice feature, especially for those creating scenarios.

5. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Active Member

Indeed, I was using a mod that reverted to the earlier one where the train was poking out of the maintenance building.

I always liked that scene of the locomotive you were going to drive sitting there idling while you were setting stuff up.

Overall I find the TSW3 menus to be a bit sterile.

DW

• Like Like x 2
  6. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

I agree this has been a bit of a pet hate of mine, and I know for others too. It would be nice to see what time of day, the weather etc before you actually drive anything. Plz DTG can we have this back?.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I don’t find that I miss the weather view at all. I often thought the weather in the menus screens didn’t really match up ever so well in route anyway, so I found it always was a bit hit and miss.

8. Dath Vater 208

Dath Vater 208 Active Member

I think new one is based more on menus from TS