Train Sim World 3 New Shunting Route?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NotDavid, Dec 7, 2022.

1. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

As you prob already know that In Train Simulator Classic theres a route called: Doncaster Works.

What if thats added to train sim world it would be nice for shunting stuff to
    and like old coaches could be hauled to the scrap line or carriage shed.

Got nothing much else to say but i think its a nice idear for the game for people who like shunting old loco's
    and all that.

hope its possible

have a nice day!

• Like Like x 8
  2. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

A good example for a shunting route would be the Hamilton Industrial Complex, which is partly available to use in OSD, but this time it would be the full complex!

• Like Like x 2
  3. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

There's already a TSW scenario on Spirit Of Steam called 'Moving Around The Mersey' with an 8F where you mix and match freight at Edge Hill. Great suggestion though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I thoroughly enjoyed Doncaster Works, but always wished that it had included one or more connections to what I imagined must be the rest of a sizeable yard area as well as to a main line.

• Like Like x 1
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about combining your suggestion with the German DB Netze & ÖBB Infra PZB systems. Then you will have these yards Hagen Vorhalle Dresden Friedrichstadt Potsdam Rbf Seddin Wien Kledering Salzburg Gnigl Hall in Tirol Innsbruck and they can build up the missing Rbf Bremen Grörpelingen. How about the largest British yard Tinsley in BR Blue Colours

6. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Switching operations are really challenging and fun. I used to do them a lot in the classic Microsoft Train Simulator on the Marias Pass and Cajon Pass routes. I agree that we need more yard, industrial, and depot operations in TSW3. Some great switching locos need to be added to some of the routes. German routes could benefit from a 294 or similar engine. I'd love a 3GS-21B Genset for Sherman Hill, Cajon Pass, and Sand Patch. A GP60 for Sherman, Cajon, and/or NS Horseshoe Curve would be great to see as well. For Sand Patch and/or Sherman, an MP15DC or MP15AC would be awesome. If we get some more classic routes, NW2s or SW7s, SW9s, or SW1s would be perfect for yard operations. Steam locos working on yard or industrial operations would be interesting, too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rtrainfan#3942

rtrainfan#3942 New Member

I would love that but not if it only uses class 08s for shunting. It would also need to include another type of shunter which hasn't been in tsw before

8. driverwoods#1787

How about a Class 04 Mavis Shunter that is not in TSW 3? However in creators Club Class 04 Shunter can receive a Mavis Paint from Thomas and friends. You can see this in the Diesel locomotives DB Baureihe 363 Salty and Thomas Class 101 DMU Daisy colours. For me, I tend to see my downloaded Salty the DB BR363 more often on Oldenburg Bremen

• Like Like x 1
  9. LastTrainToClarksville

Just how would a British route (Doncaster) be "combined" with German routes?

10. driverwoods#1787

What I meant is that there is a possibility of DTG selling them as a marshalling yard bundle comprised of UK US Germany/Austria

• Like Like x 2
  11. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

This is a good suggestion, could also be a coillery in my opinion. Gives dtg or rivet the opportunity to release a shunter like the class 03, 06 or 13.

Screenshot_20221230-150226_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20221230-150512_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20221230-150658_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  12. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Tyseley marshaling yard with the iconic Class 13. Yes please DTG.

13. LastTrainToClarksville

I'm always eager for another switching/shunting engine to drive! Sign me up, please!!

14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The question for me would be how this would work in a timetable mode situation?
    The Doncaster Works DLC on TSC has several shunting ops, but beyond that the scope for operations would be fairly minimal

What I would be looking for with regards to shunting etc would be more akin to the Grangemouth section of the Edinburgh to Glasgow DLC, but whereas in that DLC the scenarios are standalone, in TSW you would have a timetable of AI trains coming and going and you as the shunter would need to either shunt the relevant wagons into position to then be taken by the AI, or receive the wagons from the AI and shunt them to relevant places in the yard
    If they could have working cranes that loaded and unloaded the wagons even better as you could drive the consist in, run around, push it back to place then have it loaded before pulling off again.

• Like Like x 2
  15. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Since Doncaster works is a "small" map compared to the other tsw Routes, DTG could include 10 Timetables (10 Working days on a Manufacturer plant), with different situations, locos & wagons, shunting and scrapping duties.
    Or maybe make 2-3 Timeperiods with different rolling stock for the shunting tasks.

I think with a bit going a new path, dtg could make somthing stunning with the Route. Also i would really looking forward to have it in TSW.

• Like Like x 3