Train Sim World: Past, Present, Future

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Benjamin, Dec 21, 2022.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Maybe the US route is an extension to Boston Sprinter - if the route has the new lighting, that would suggest a degree of rebuilding. Maybe it’s been extended like SEHS to make better use of the Acela. The Acela could unlock the extension.

• Like Like x 5
  2. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

It’s probably the new Haven to New York line.

3. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

Wow. I was wishful to see Boston get a tsw3 upgrade one day. Didn't think that would actually happen, but I'm super stoked to see that it is. Very exciting, very excited for 2023.

• Like Like x 2
  4. paulossj4

paulossj4 Active Member

I hope that with the improvement on the Boston route, this can set a precedent to also improve the London Commuter, and who knows, add the Thameslink 700, why not?

• Like Like x 6
  5. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

Man, I wish, but if they were to lengthen the route specifically to accommodate Acela, it'd be a super long route. Here's a screenshot just to give you a big picture idea, new haven is probably the only option and that's crazy far from providence.
    I think it'd be super unlikely tbh

upload_2022-12-21_13-57-34.png

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

The next Aleca stop past Providence is New Haven, and would push the New Haven to Boston line to almost 150miles.

• Like Like x 4
  7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Correct because the Heritage Road is connected to that line furthermore there are articles from 18th to 19th February 2019 which tells the possibility of owners of Falkirk Highline getting 2019 Cathcart Time table with 385s doing the Newton trips during 05:00-10:00 AM Rush PM Rush 16-21:00 . Scotrail has a tweet about 385 Cathcart Circle dating back to 26th September 2019.

8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

240 km that makes it doable for Train Sim classic although pushing the limit for TSW3

• Like Like x 1
  9. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

My Christmas wish (if one is allowed such things) is that this is exactly the plan and explains the lack of fixes and improvements to London Commuter so far (even the really basic stuff like Reigate scenery, missing rails at Redhill, stuff that wouldn't even really need loads of testing has just been abandoned).

The 700 and a host of fixes would massively improve the route. It's probably (definitely) too much to suggest that DTG could merge it with East Coastway while they're at it and finally implement the missing Victoria - Eastbourne services.

• Like Like x 10
  10. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Super hyped for the Acela! Also nice to see Boston-Providence get upgraded!

• Like Like x 3
  11. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Everything here is a day one purchase :)
    Nobody in my house is getting any gifts because I need to buy trains :cool::cool:

• Like Like x 8
  12. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

I would be shocked if the new us route is not a segment of the nec

13. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

Unless it’s the old Hoboken main line the njt will be on the nec

14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

There is no distance limit on TSW 3. DTG has said a route could be 1,000 miles - it’s only the development time that’s the limitation.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

That probably is expecting too much then.

• Like Like x 2
  16. flirt745

flirt745 Active Member

Wonderful that the Class 385 and the Acela Express are among the new things coming to TSW 3 in the future. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. florians#7620

florians#7620 Well-Known Member

Wow!! This has me looking forward to 2023 even more now. All looks fantastic! Niddertalbahn with Mintgreen 628‘s…a nice variation, the 385 looks stunning, and that Acela will be a great addition to the NEC. The Steam Railtour is most likely for WCL right? All is very much worth getting. Need that addon manager more than ever now!

• Like Like x 5
  18. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Whilst we are all being nostalgic about the past, let us all remember how absolutely nuts August 18th 2020 was.
    For a refresher, it was the day the very first roadmap was published and 2 days before the release of TSW2

In this roadmap was nothing less than 7 new route reveals (8 if you include the previously teased /revealed Isle of Wight). None of this 'UK route', 'DE route & 'US route' we get nowadays.

Isle of Wight
    Munich - Augsburg
    SE High Speed: London - Faversham
    Arosa Line
    Cane Creek
    Clinchfield Railroad
    Hamburg - Lubeck
    LGV Méditerranée: Marseille - Avignon

I know this is from a time before DTG realised the error of their ways of revealing too much too early, but I just want to remind everyone of an event we will most probably never likely to see again in the TSW franchise and the amount of buzz it created here at the time. It is safe to say most if not everyone here was gobsmacked by the vision of the future we were painted when prior to this, we were only drip fed information.

On that note....looking forward to the Acela and what is in store for 2023. Merry Xmas all

• Like Like x 7
  19. Victor4815

Victor4815 Member

how see deatils of Community & Mastery Challenges?

20. Schuppenheizer

Schuppenheizer Member

Maybe the steam engine is on the severn valley railway, and we see a part of Daniels Mill? Steam of lights...

21. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

cuz it's not ready yet and still probably heavily being worked on and dtg not comfortable announcing it. Things are always in different levels of development, so things will get announced when ready

• Like Like x 1
  22. rennekton#1349

It's not a new route which is why it's not called a loco or route dlc. It's for an existing route. Definition of an enhancement pack. You get nothing new. Existing trains on an existing route with scenarios, timetable and nothing much.

23. rennekton#1349

The 700 would only benefit next gen consoles and pc since last gen console players can't get layers anyway. And bml would definitely have more performance issues cuz of all the layers (66, 166, 313, 465, 43, 375, now a 700) lol

24. rennekton#1349

Once the route gets complex with lots of different scenery, yards, twists and turns, and deadlines, route building gets more difficult and timeconsuming. You have to get the scenery right and stuff, making it quite difficult to build 240km of route.

25. rennekton#1349

If you look at it from a different perspective, there are no older german routes. Most of the german content in tsw are modern traxx locomotives set in modern times. We only got bremen oldenburg which had a 110 and nwagen coaches, but not really new new since it's set in 2009 i believe (i forgot).

26. jack travers

I think highspeed routes that are 240km would be easier to make than for commuter right ? Couldn’t they just auto fill most parts of the routes. Routes like SKW don’t have to be 100% correct just due to the speed you are traveling at meaning you won’t get to see it

27. rennekton#1349

I think I remember cactusjuice replying in another thread that the 5 missing services are not for the acela.

• Like Like x 1
  28. rennekton#1349

Autofill only does part of the route and dtg still has to go in to add in scenery by hand I believe. Autofill was used on lgv which didn't please certain people cuz of incorrect scenery or lack of in some areas. If there are glaring omissions or completely incorrect scenery, then you would be able to see that as you fly past.

• Like Like x 1
  29. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/boston-sprinter-layers.62441/#post-577998

You are partly correct in that there are more than 5 (obviously, 5 would be very disappointing!) but I think those 5 are some kind of special service that involves the Acela. CactusJuice, being a developer, probably has a painful contractual agreement preventing him from saying anything, although he didn't say no to the Acela!

30. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You could be right. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility although it would arguably be the biggest route undertaking by DTG so far. It’s a long way to New Haven. It is the kind of thing people have been asking for.

• Like Like x 2
  31. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

I am 100% alone here, but I would hope for it being a remake / extension of NEC New York. For multiple reasons. For one, it could re-introduce the lost rolling stock from TSW2020, like the Switcher, GP38, or the cab car. Also, I liked the route and would like it to return. And lastly, if it gets an extension, it would make up for the critique that it would have weird start and end points!

• Like Like x 2
  32. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Really excited by this announcement, some great things to look forward too! I'm a big fan of EMUs, so the Class 385 should be a fantastic addition and might be my most favourite loco after the Electrostars of course.

The main thing though that still makes me nervous is what the timetable of the new Scottish route will be like - I really hope it will be a Joe-inspired timetable with lots of AI traffic, service variety and loads of adverse signals like London Commuter, that would be brilliant. The timetable is the biggest aspect of how much I will enjoy a route in the long-term, so please hopefully not resulting in a lack of traffic at big stations like Glasgow or New Street as seen in previous Cathcart and Cross City routes, respectively etc.

Finally, really glad to see DTG are listening to the community by bringing such a highly-requested loco with Acela come to TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  33. rennekton#1349

The acela was kinda a given lol since when Boston providence released, they said there was space saved for the Acela and they went on a nyc recording trip

34. rennekton#1349

You mean the gp40-2

35. jack travers

That was a really weird route having Penn in the middle and the western terminus being Newarks Airport but you do you !!

36. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

i dont see these missing 5 being the Acela. i'm not sure what is going on with those missing services

• Like Like x 1
  37. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

Whoops. Still getting those numbers mixed up, but thanks !

That's the point an extension would fix ! They would need an extension anyway to justify a new purchase, or people would complain why they would pay for a route they owned a few years ago.

And even tho the route might not be in everyones favorite ranking, at least the rolling stock deserves to be brought back! They already gave us the amfleet cars, and the ACS 64, how about the GP40-2 and the switcher next, please ... ?

• Like Like x 1
  38. Blacknred81

Technically, one of the speculated routes for the new one is NYC to Trenton, which would include at least part of the old NEC NYC route. But I don't think it will include the east side of the map aside from Amtraks yard.

39. Subway

Subway New Member

yeah they announce other things that werent on the roadmap yet . order of roadmap they claim is when stuff is released , US route been worked on doesnt mean they cant announce it.

• Like Like x 1
  40. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Finally! A Deutsche Bundesbahn route!

• Like Like x 2
  41. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

That would be so amazing, which I really do hope so, then we will see them make the New Haven Line for Metro North. I feel that the American passenger route should be increased, cause so far I see so many german add-on layers, and i believe they should give that same love to American Passenger Route.

42. Blacknred81

Thing is, aside from length, DTG also doesn't have a CTrail license, which operates trains between New London and New Haven. Meaning even if DTG somehow extends the line all the way to New Haven, there would be a hole in traffic cause by the lack of CDOT equipment.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
  43. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Hopefully, the new US Rolling stock or route will be NJT, with these train cars. IT SHOULD BE ABOUT TIME NJT IS ADDED TO TSW ALREADY. We need something NEW

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  44. traindori

traindori Well-Known Member

Nice news. I'm looking forward to the 628 in "Bundesbahn livery" and the Acela Express.

• Like Like x 1
  45. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

TBH if it is West Cornwall, both Rivet and DTG have a bit of a nerve trying to squeeze more cash out of two failed DLC'ss. West Cornwall still has all the issues with the route itself and the awful 150/2, bet nothing being done to address those. Then the steam traction from SoS has massive physics issues in TSW3 and all we have seen are open ended statements that it's being worked on. A pass for me, I'm afraid.

• Like Like x 3
  46. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

The plan is for the physics improvement to be out prior to this pack's release.

• Like Like x 13
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  47. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

That is good news.

• Like Like x 1
  48. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

All looking very nice and dandy, but I'm not buying any more stuff untill the Add-ons manager is released on PS4 as I'm maxed out on pcs of DLC, and we can't switch DLC's as our PS5-brothers can :(

• Like Like x 2
  49. zappatime

zappatime Well-Known Member

Then you can release a proper addon for SoS with new locos, or even a route extension to Manchester from Liverpool, please!

• Like Like x 1
  50. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm basically at my limit now - I've had to focus TSW3 to almost entirely German routes, because they're all connected, layer-wise.

• Like Like x 2