PC Fire Sale

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Crosstie, Dec 22, 2022.

1. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Oh boy, there's a real fire sale on the Steam store right now. Almost everything on TSW2 and TSW3 is heavily discounted up to 70%.

I've got most every DLC available, but I might fill some of the German and UK gaps in my library.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Nice. Thanks for the heads up. Still have a couple items to fill-in my Steam collection.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Might need to refresh the page for the 80% discounted Rush Hour routes. Didn't show up for me at first.
    upload_2022-12-22_19-51-17.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

I picked up Cane Creek.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I took a chance on Birmingham Cross City. I know the reviews are mixed and there are some lingering scenery issues. But it was the only UK route I didn't have and it was on sale.

Plus the new US dlc's aren't coming for a while and my Steam wallet was begging me to spend some money, so.........

6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I might try BCC again, certain irony that the sale has brought it down to what the original pre order price at the old tariff should have been. However I have to wait for a refund on Zusi 3 to clear to put the funds back. Bought it, about as user friendly as stereo instructions in Korean. It has only partially been localised into English so many parts are still in German. Got into a run which placed me in God view over a station, hit Esc to bring up the toolbar to fast forward time and CTD.. And not optimised for 4K so many fonts are tiny as in almost illegible. So it's going back.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
  7. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

There are some good discounts, there are a few routes I am interested in. I would like the TGV route but I think it is one I would drive a couple of times then get bored of, but for me it isn't discounted enough.

The BCC route is a lot better than some of the threads on here would suggest, yes there are bugs but it is still one of the best routes in my opinion.

8. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

Elden ring is on sale.
    A much better invest :D

9. Thanks for the heads up. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Boston providence and Boston sprinter routes are please?

10. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Definitely worth it, especially with the community enhancement mod.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

They are both names for the same DLC. There is no difference.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. Thanks. I was wondering what the difference was other than one being 1p cheaper than the other.

13. OldVern

Well my refund for Zusi has been accepted (probably with the usual nagging about too many refunds... :o ) once it's cleared then I'll chuck BCC back in.
    So far as German stuff is concerned, probably best to stick with TSW (or TSC) for a less traumatic experience.

14. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

I'll wait for a further discount on BCC, would need at least 40% off for me to be remotely tempted, maybe in the Summer - I'm in no rush at all

15. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Would be a perfect chance to buy the Baby Bullet for Peninsula Corridor, but I am not playing that route until the preservation updates release for TSW2 as well and I can confirm that the route is enjoyable again.

16. OldVern

Baby Bullet is lovely but flawed as many of the Journey scenarios open with the F40. I have also read the cab car scenarios don't all work. Then the route itself is still flawed and prone to CTD in some areas.

17. Dinosbacsi

Yeah. I really loved that route for TSW2020, played it a lot, then TSW2 released and I remember people saying it got very broken. So I havn't played it since, as I was waiting for the preservation update to release for it, which of course, still didn't happen.

• Like Like x 1
  18. lancpudn

lancpudn Active Member

Finally got TSW3 in the Winter sale couldn't resist the discounted price. Loving it. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I agree- it was one of the best and most complete routes in the original TSW, especially with the Baby Bullet and switcher.

Hope it can be ressurected in TSW3, maybe even extended to Gilroy.

• Like Like x 1
  20. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yes, actually, it has

21. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I've read in the forums that an extension to gilroy adds very little to the gameplay. Only a few services and some freight. It's not that busy compared to what we have in game.

22. Dinosbacsi

For TSW3, yes, but not for TSW2. And even the TSW3 update is incomplete, as DTG has said there is some sort of timetable update coming as well.