PC Acela Express Dlc Confirmed

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Amtrak_Fan, Dec 23, 2022.

1. Amtrak_Fan

Amtrak_Fan Well-Known Member

Hello again, welcome back

Today, is a great day, one that will go down in the history books no doubt as the best day in human history.
    IMG_6638.jpg
    It's time to get hyped lads, its coming! But when?

• Release Date Speculation
    Without a shadow of a doubt, I believe that this dlc will, in fact, be releasing in 2023. Hold your applause though because I am not done.

New uncovered data that I tactically retrieved shows an official comment that I believe to be the key to finding our release date.
    upload_2022-12-22_20-45-42.png

As you can see from the data above, this can be interpreted in many different ways. The way I interpret it though, is that it is telling us to watch the 4th.

The fourth of what though you ask?
    Well January 4th 2023 of course.

But that's just my thoughts on it, what do you think? (definitely didn't overthink the date lol)

Edit: I believe I called it not once, not twice, but three times. (definitely didn't call it three times lol)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I don't think it would come out January 4 since dtg are on their christmas break which means it is most likely still work in progress and 3 days after new years is not enough time to test it and ensure it is good to release.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

That was teaser number 4.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Amtrak_Fan

You are correct! I mostly was just joking around with the date stuff, but wouldn't it be a funny coincidence?

5. The_Drunken_Engineer

The_Drunken_Engineer Well-Known Member

So it'd be like every recent dlc release.

• Like Like x 4
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The Acela Express and for DTG if they need to bundle the train why not combine it in a Rush Hour Train Pack Class 700 BML with AP sounds not the TSC version AC 395 444 DC and DB Baureihe 411/415 ICE-T Riesa-Dresden

• Like Like x 2
  7. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Maybe February 4th ? Or even April since it’s the 4th month… hopefully not.

8. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

For those of us who don't know much about US trains, could you summarise why we should get excited?
    Why is it so special for you?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I mean, the Acela is technically the only "High Speed" Train in the US, even though its speed is highly restricted on much of the NEC. (The Acela actually travels slower between DC and NYC than the Metroliners fastest service did)

But NEC foamers go crazy for anything NEC, its how Northeasterns are I guess....

• Like Like x 4
  10. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Fastest train in the USA currently

• Like Like x 3
  11. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Ah ok, it's something like the tgv, something iconic for the country.
    Here in Europe maybe we are more used to seeing and using high speed trains so I understand that if Acela is the only one they have it is very special for US citizens.
    I hope this opens up the possibility for DTG to do more passenger routes from there in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I can see why there is some anticipation but I would rather have seen a vintage diesel add on, maybe an Alco or Budd Railcar than what in all likelihood will be another push to go high speed train with a ridiculously short stretch to get up to full speed. We already have the Javelin and ICE's for those who want fast electric running.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

It should also be the first tilting electric train in the game.

• Like Like x 2
  14. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I’m interested to see if there’s more than meets the eye to this DLC. That screenshot has the new TSW3 skies, I wonder if the route will get any form of extension SEHS style?

• Like Like x 5
  15. rennekton#1349

That's just the Boston route. No extensions otherwise it would have said that on the roadmap.

• Like Like x 1
  16. rennekton#1349

The 700 would only benefit next gen consoles and pc players cuz last gens don't get layers anyway. So I don't think releasing it for bml would be a great idea. Maybe a loco dlc for a different base route so everyone can enjoy it and layer on bml or for a new route. Same with the icet cuz dtg had to create a new timetable for console users cuz the ice3 was causing crashes. So for people to really enjoy the loco dlc, it would be better to make a new route for it so everyone can play it you know. Everyone is able to use the acela on Boston Providence but not everyone would be for the 700 or icet

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

So does DTG brings out the Acela just for one route or would it be part of the next US route yet to be announced. Looking at the the current schedule stops on the NEC there are not that many options.I would love to see the Philadelphia to Penn which would be a nice way for the Acela to stretch is legs. But I don’t see it happening. On the other hand It would makes sense to use the Acela on more than one route

• Like Like x 2
  18. porawit

porawit Member

I don't think so. 1 of the DTG staff said they were working on Acela audio.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. jimfranklin#6042

jimfranklin#6042 New Member

Considering the article says "A New Way to Get Around Boston", I'd assume it's just for Boston at the moment. Could it be possible that the new US route is not the NEC?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

What else could it be given the route code?

• Like Like x 1
  21. rennekton#1349

The other option is njt using the alp46 which dtg has the license to but I don't think they can actually create a route or train for it. Idk how licensing works but since they haven't released any njt dlc, I would assume they can't make anything yet. It's more likely to be the nec since the route code points to it and there really isn't anything else that's overhead electric

• Like Like x 1
  22. jimfranklin#6042

jimfranklin#6042 New Member

My thoughts were NJT too since there are quite a few New Jersey Transit routes with overhead wire. Plus the recent roadmap had a locomotive designated as 'NDD-E7', which could be anything from NJTs diesel locomotives such as the PL42AC, GP40PH, or a CSX/NS loco for local moves on the route. Of course, this is all speculation.

• Like Like x 1
  23. rennekton#1349

That route code is for the enhancement pack I believe which won't include anything new, just a reskin, scenarios and timetable for an existing route. The route code for the route is ac electric.

• Like Like x 1
  24. MAX1319

The two main end point for NJT is Penn station or Hoboken. Penn we all know is part of the NEC route so it can be a remake of the NJ coast line route. But again the this line joins the NEC at Rahway station. That’s about 45 minutes from Penn station. So even if it is the New Jersey coastline ,it will have part of the NEC. The other option is to Hoboken which is a remake of the Morristown line which terminates at both Penn and Hoboken. I find this less likely do to most of the timetable goes to Penn. I think these conversations are good. Speculation is part of it. At then end we will find out. Just in my opinion I don’t think you bring out a highly requested loco like the Acela for just maybe 10 north and 10 southbound timetable and 5 scenarios.I would think they want to make use of their new product to maximize sales. This is the only region the Acela operates. Just my opinion and thoughts.
    But forgot to mentioned that if it is in fact either of these two routes then the Acela would probably just be AI layer. .

• Like Like x 2
  25. Amtrak_Fan

The route enhancement pack to the US could be the update to Boston sprinter!

26. rennekton#1349

No. There are no current diesel electric trains in game that can run on boston sprinter since they don't have the signaling equipment to run on the mainline. It is most likely going to be a reskin of one or several of the freight locomotives in tsw for use in other freight routes. But due to no trains having the signaling equipment to run on boston sprinter, the route enhancement pack wouldn't be an update to boston sprinter. You would need a whole new loco dlc for boston sprinter for it to be able to run

• Like Like x 1
  27. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I know it's Boston Sprinter but the fact it's had a sky upgrade makes me wonder if the route has had anymore work done on it.

• Like Like x 2
  28. lupojohn

lupojohn Active Member

It's almost certainly New Jersey Transit, but most people ignore the fact that the NEC is not the only branch line to excited about.

Additionally, from Penn Station to Trenton, there is the Princeton Shuttle, which would have to be included in the route.

Finally, it would be nice to utilize the lower level of Seacaucus Junction. Literally every branch goes through there (and Penn Station) whether it's the upper or lower level, but the upper always gets all the attention.

Oh and SEPTA trains would need to be included at Trenton, driveable or not.

• Like Like x 1
  29. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

thats true as well

• Like Like x 1
  30. MAX1319

[​IMG]
    Princeton Dinky
    The Dinky connects downtown Princeton, NJ and the Princeton University campus with Princeton Junction Station on the Northeast Corridor, the train superhighway connecting Boston, New York, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC. Here are four tips to get to Princeton Junction & Back!

• Try the Dinky! If you usually drive, now is a good time to try transit to avoid traffic congestion. The Dinky runs directly from downtown Princeton to Princeton Junction with no intermediate stops.
    I think the issue they have is that they don’t the license for Septa. They do it they do like the did with TSC and have unbranded trains which I think was asked in the latest survey

• Like Like x 1
  31. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That applies to every US route in the game except Clinchfield (and, maybe, Sand Patch since I'm not sure if ATC/ACSES was installed there yet in 2016). Sherman Hill, Cajon Pass, SFSJ and Cane Creek are simply wrong not having it.

• Like Like x 1
  32. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

This requires Comet II-IVs in SEPTA paint and ACS-64 Reskinned to SEPTA paint. Achievement wise SEPTA ACS-64 901-915 counts for the Boston version. SEPTA Comet II-IVs count for the NJ Transit version.

• Like Like x 1