PC Bug With Br182 On Skw

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Haribo112, Dec 26, 2022.

1. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

I'm currently driving a freight run on Kassel - Würzburg and I'm having some trouble with the BR182. I use both LZB and AFB and when I approach a red signal I came to a stop approx. 10 meters too early. However, because I was so close to the red signal, the AFB max speed had dropped to 0. This locked the brakes in a 3.3 bar application and I was unable to apply power to drive the remaining 10 meters to the red signal. I ended up disabling PZB/LZB and AFB, re-enabling AFB so the brakes released and I could continue.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? I assume it has to be a bug, right?

• Like Like x 1
  2. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

Why do you need to drive so close to a red signal? In the UK drivers are told to stop at least half a coach's distance from a red signal, so LZB and AFB seem to be doing the right thing stopping 10m from a red signal.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

Well, I agree, but the game places the "Stop at.." marker at 10 m from the signal. Because I suck at precision braking high-tonnage freight trains, my consist comes to a screeching halt 10m before the marker, so at 20m from the signal. IRL that would be fine, and I'm not blocking any points or signals behind me, but because I haven't reached the marker, the objective is not completed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. aeronautic237

Oh there was an objective marker there. right ok that makes sense. I don't think it is a bug, but I think the 185 that came with KWG works fine for that distance. Maybe it is because the 182 is not designed for KWG, so the objective markers and LZB don't line up. I think the only solution is to do a quick CTRL + Enter before you stop, which will turn off LZB and PZB.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

But this does raise the ongoing issue with stop markers and their reductions accuracy needs.
    I feel all stop markers should have their accuracy eased by another 10 or so m to avoid those routes that have us hovering close to reds.
    And then for future routes to really understand the knock on with marker placement to the users.

6. aeronautic237

the issue then is that AI and player trains may end up blocking points and causing more red light issues. Much better to tackle this on a case-by-case basis.

7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

All that's needed in that situation is to disable LZB. With it out of the picture, you have full control of the train's systems for a precise stop.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

As others have already said, this really is just an issue with stop marker placement. I've had it aswell. The 182 and it's safety systems stop you at quite the right place. I have given it as feedback before in the other subforum just after release and it had been taken into consideration I think. Hopefully they'll alter the stopping positions for KWG and other routes going forward (consistently, because it sometimes has and sometimes hasn't in the past)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

The discussion if the BR182 is or is not designed for KWG is not relevant. This specific livery is sold for the route and I had similar trouble with otter engines as well. The point is, can I complete a service with safety systems on or not? If not it is a bug in the service and should be fixed. A workaround is to turn off LZB for a moment, but this really sucks.

10. aeronautic237

I agree, I do like to complete services with safety systems on, and the workaround is not ideal.

Actually I had forgotten that they had released a Dispolok 182, and was referring to the 182 from Rapid Transit - my bad. That Dispolok one was indeed made for Kassel-Wurzburg, so... yeah, you're right.