PC (pc Mod) Birmingham Cross City Improvements

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Nov 18, 2022.

1. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. graham.haddon

graham.haddon Well-Known Member

Is it possible with modding to make the Morpeth board that is lying down in the grass outside Lichfield to stand up so it is properly visible? I have reported the bug to DTG but it hasn't been fixed as yet.

3. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Thanks for your work SprattyHeath!, I did a walk around at Ridditch and it looks really good now.

4. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I think this is intentional as it is probably lying down on the ground in real life. You get a lot of boards either facing the wrong way or damaged/fallen over irl.

5. graham.haddon

graham.haddon Well-Known Member

I had considered it was intentional but I just assumed something like that would be fixed very quickly in real life.
    A little bit further down the same stretch of line the speed drops from 45mph to 20mph without a Morpeth board at all. Is that also potentially accurate? Because in other parts of the route there are quite a few Morpeth boards and where there isn't there is approach control instead.

6. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

I think the rule in the UK is that a reduction in speed of greater than 33% should have an advance warning board. However, there are plenty of cases in real life where that appears not to be applied, particularly, I notice, when the original speed is fairly low. I’m not sure whether there are specific criteria for taking that into account, or whether it’s just done by risk assessment and application of common sense regarding where an advance warning board is genuinely beneficial. There is risk in having too many signs - which creates confusion - so there’s a balance to be achieved in areas with a lot of speed changes or other causes of high Driver workload,

• Like Like x 1
  7. SprattyHeath

upload_2024-3-18_15-7-56.png

https://www.trainsimcommunity.com/m...6-birmingham-cross-city-line-enhancement-pack

Hello everyone, it's been about 2 years since this thread was last used so I'll just quickly drop this in for those unaware.

The BCC Enhancement Pack has now been updated for TSW4 which means no crashing upon launch should occur.

Please make sure you remove both the !TS2Prototype-WindowsNoEditor-BCCRevisedSignalColours.pak " & " !BCCRedditchUpgrade.pak" files as they no longer work, thanks & enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Does this conflict in any way with Bescot's BCC enhancements?

9. SprattyHeath

It does not, no.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. spikeyorks

spikeyorks Well-Known Member

Downloaded this mod, and everything else that seemed to support it, and just had a great run on BCC.
    All of these tweaks really do improve the route and the in-game immersion.
    Well done Sprattyheath ;)
    All we really need now is for a few more paths to be opened up for Scenario Creation. Would love to see more trains at New Street and, also, see something running on the fast lines at Longbridge. I'm sure that this should be possible.

• Like Like x 3