PC Cannot Figure Out Luzern-sursee Safety Systems

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by solicitr, Dec 29, 2022.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It seems that (under ETCS Level 1) whenever I pass a yellow signal then instantly, with no opportunity to acknowledge or take any action at all, the system slams on the emergency brakes and brings the train to a complete stop without any chance to recover.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When you have to start slowing down and the braking curve starts going down, sometimes it gives you time to react and apply brakes. Sometimes it gives you no breathing room and activates the emergency brakes. Etcs received like 1 or 2 patches I believe that gave you that extra time to react, but doesn't work in all conditions. I just drive below the speed limit so I don't have to worry about etcs punishing me for not staying within the braking curve. Or I just run without the system at all since it still has bugs to it.

3. solicitr

It gives me no chance to even start braking. No moving bug, no alarm, no nothing: just BANG! Zwansbremsung.
    ------------
    It's disenheartening to discover that here is yet another PTC system in TSW that they can't figure out how to model correctly. LIRR, Sherman Hill, Boston Sprinter: all broken and unplayable. Don't own Harlem but I venture that one's LOVEd too.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. rennekton#1349

Harlem isn't too bad. It's actually much better than boston sprinter at least in my opinion and makes more sense depending on where trains are in front of you.

• Like Like x 2
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The braking curve must be very preventive, you need to start decelerating before you pass the signal. I don't know if that's realistic. That's how it works in the game.

LVL 2 IRL

6. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

ACES and ATC in Harlem work as they should in almost every situation. I really enjoy running that route. As opposed to Boston Sprinter where they still are not set up correctly.

I watch 2 different driver cab ride posters from Switzerland, but it's hard to know what the driver is doing when they approach a restrictive signal since you can't see the controls. Just in watching them, I have become very familiar with both the type L and type N signals which should help in running Swiss dlc, but really do not in TSW. In TSC it does assist.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
  7. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

I’m still baffled that DTG allows Rivet to release content with massive bugs like this. I know their own stuff isn’t perfect either, but Luzern - Sursee feels like a cancelled early access project in its current state.

• Like Like x 1
  8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I have zero problems with this cancelled early

9. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

Let's hope that Rivert Games plans a patch of this route for the ETCS. This was the "big" new feature of this route... Personally, it spoils this route.

• Like Like x 1
  10. solicitr

Well, I regard this as money wasted on a route I will never play, like LIRR and Boston.
    Unless, of course the signaling is fixed- the day Hell freezes over. Congratulations, Rivet, you successfully ripped off another customer.
    At least Island Lines' problems were immediate enough I could refund it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shackamaxon

Shackamaxon Well-Known Member

Can anyone confirm...
    The horn on 523 isn't audible if you are using the 'No. 2' camera !
    Is that fixed or still broken ?

12. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

Unfortunatel, the list of bugs is always long on this DLC :
    +ETCS
    +The AI has no PIS, and sometimes: bad pantographs/lights, no tail lights and no driver.
    +At night or in tunnels, the headlights don't light up; basically still unplayable at night.

I defended Rivet Games in the past (like Arosa Linie or IOW version 1), considering that they were learning on TSW but today, it's mostly: let's get out the DLC and put the bugs under the carpet. Personally, very disappointed with their commercial approach because it doesn't make me want to buy their next DLC (if it's so I can't play it in full).

• Like Like x 1
  13. rennekton#1349

Still broken. The horn does work but you have to be right next to the train. Like 1-2 meters. Once you go further away from the train, you won't hear the horn.

• Like Like x 1