Route Proposal: Transpennine Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jo3do88y, Sep 20, 2017.

1. jo3do88y

jo3do88y Member

One route I would like to see in Train Sim World, never before seen in Train Simulator is the Transpennine Route.

The Transpennine Route stretches from York to Manchester Piccadilly via Leeds and Huddersfield. The route is a total of 67 miles and 37 chains in length and is Yorkshire and Manchester's main connection. It's a mass of winding hills and spectacular scenery with something new to see every journey.

The route is currently operated by First Transpennine Express, who currently runs 5 express trains an hour across the Pennine's. The route is also shared with Northern who run the local services as well as various freight operators.

[​IMG]

This route would also give scope for expansion later, with the routes to Manchester Airport, Liverpool Lime Street, Hull, Scarborough, Middlesbrough and Newcastle also being a very good add on further down the line.

The route could utilise the Class 185 "Desiro" DMU, or if looking to the future could use the Hitachi Class 802 Bi Mode or the Class 68 Locomotive hauling MK5 coaches.

It is about time the North of England had a proper route connecting our virtual towns and cities in Train Simulator.

• Like Like x 15
  2. ironfan

ironfan New Member

I'd like to see a TPE route too but the southern section that goes from Manchester Airport through Manchester Picadilly, Sheffield, Doncaster, Scunthorpe to Cleethorpes.

3. gobarn

gobarn New Member

Yes definitely, maybe just Manchester (and Airport) to Hull, but yes, I would want this in the game!

4. Pure nostalgia

Pure nostalgia Member

Yes Pleas!. I have my credit card ready.

5. Doc

Doc New Member

Yes please all the way to Cleethorpes.

6. cosmo

cosmo Active Member

I'm game, I've always wanted to see the 185 in a sim. And there's a bonus if you include Northern, because the local services are worked by 319s IIRC, good units them :)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  7. Mr Fad

Mr Fad Member

Totally agree this would be a fantastic route, my cash is waiting :)

8. 120dlittle

120dlittle New Member

I would love this route on 2019 because the steam workshop and community efforts for this route ether straight up don't work or require resources that aren't obtainable for some reason

9. Zammy Martínez

Zammy Martínez Active Member

Yep i just happened to bring this up last week, it was on the ps4 community for the game tho.. But them new trains TPE just released are really nice so id go on alone plus drive em, ive been to Manchester and Birmingham in real life but only on the virgin pendelino and voyager and them trains made by siemens - the semi fast ones that go Northampton etc (West Midland/London Midland)

10. Mr Fad

Mr Fad Member

11. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

we getting Manchester victoria to Leeds in 1983 next week with class 47, 45 and 101