Uk Freight Or Shunting Routes To Buy In Steam Sale?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polarisneo, Dec 31, 2022.

1. polarisneo

polarisneo Member

I want to get the Class 08 and some other more freight oriented routes based in the UK for TS Classic.

Could people help recommend me some good routes/DLC to buy in the steam winter sale. I'm much less informed about freight than I am about the passenger stuff.

Would be cool if there are any power station focused routes or really industrial stuff. I like modern/past 40 years era rather than classical steam and early diesel stuff.

2. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

EWS & Freightliner Class 08s Loco is a fantastic loco and there are plenty of livery designs on sale too. It’s a must buy. Every TSC enthusiast should have this in their collection. Can be played on any route of your choose. Buy it and you won’t be disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cuddy_Man

Cuddy_Man Well-Known Member

The WCML Trent Valley Route includes Rugeley B coal-fired power station as a custom asset with tracks laid into it. It ceased operation in mid 2016, but is correct for the time period the route represents (c.2015). The route also includes Daventry International Rail Freight Terminal (DIRFT), so lots of opportunity for container freight. There's plenty of passenger traffic on the route as well. The route is very well modelled.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

This is a bit before your preferred era but The Weardale and Teesdale Network in the '60s includes the 08 and there are shunting scenarios for it in the Workshop and many freight scenarios in general. Set up Free Roams and you could shunt a different yard every day for a month though the same may be said of many routes.

• Like Like x 1