PlayStation More Authenticity On Gwr

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Zammy Martínez, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Zammy Martínez

Zammy Martínez Active Member

If your not gonna give us the heathrow express, then how about the electrostars (377 or 378 I believe) because they run along that busy line to Reading, so do the Hitachi class 800s and Tfl rail services, cant we have this variety and all their different services? There are branch offs that we cant access either, if we cant go further than Reading then something else would be nice maybe another route and its current trains but with the same detail as PC because they have everything

• Like Like x 2
  2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

The route as it is is the same as on PC. It's not longer, it doesn't have other trains than the 3 that are included in the Console Version. Only difference are that some of the shorter services are missing.

Since they just announced a Loco add on for the WSR it is possible that one for GWE is already in the works aswell. Let's hope we get route add-ons to existing routes aswell somewhere in the future.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

WSR loco add on? Seen it mentioned that in future the plan is to use stock from GWE and vice versa. What loco is this?

4. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

A nice suprise. Hope it brings an update with regards to the amount of people attending this diesel gala, and the crowd noise that would be heard. Ie even if not animated,people standing on ends of platforms with cameras. Kids sat on adults shoulders. Packed carriages etc. Full car parks. Cars at crossings as many would be arriving and leaving.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

That would certainly improve the level of realism at this scene.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

. I wonder what the game is aiming for. Is it a one off route. Play it out and wait for the next dlc? Or is there a plan to keep it contemporary? Its a bit unfortunate that the game has come as electrification has completed. Rolling stock that has been sinonimous with GWE is being replaced. Do DTG plan on updating service mode? When 800s take over from HST and 166’s are less prominent?

8. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

What do you think.. ;/

9. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

1st DTG sim Ive bought. Ive no idea. Ive seen videos where obv never promised but indicated that GWE could be expanded.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Probably best researching the forums a bit. Without offering any evidence I dont think theres any plans to expand existing routes. There is an explanation from an official source somewhere but i couldnt tell you where.. sorry. As an aside, you are actually served well by having a route you enjoy that ypu can learn, then turn off the hud for an immersive experience (within the context of fairly dry and dead worlds).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

im looking forwards to a class 33 crompton. i used to drive them with freight mostly oil on the southern region to the isle of grain power station. i also did lots of shunting with them. i expect it will be ages before the PS4 sees them

12. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Surely all this dlc will hit for the Christmas purchases. Sure Ive seen a class 33 on the wsr in a youtube video prg rail. Not the dlc one thats coming but should be an indication of how it could be.

13. Zammy Martínez

Nah I didn’t mean the pc version of the game, i meant in general they have so much variety in terms of routes, trains and ai trains, and all the small stuff that matter to me like destination boards, ai traffic etc.

I wouldn’t even b surprised if the pc version did offer some more things

14. Zammy Martínez

Think the 166s willlgo on for a long time yet

15. xD 2Bad4You

But the PC version of TSW doesn't have any of that things aswell. No destination boards, variety is about the same (except HH, LIRR will be on Consoles).

If you mean TSXX then yes there is that stuff. But it's a different game and hard to compare a game that's 10 years on the market to a relative new one like TSW in terms of content.

16. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Thank you! Ive been thinking the same thing about the 387s aswell

• Like Like x 2
  17. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

you mean 387

• Like Like x 1
  18. RaymoHST

RaymoHST New Member

If there were to be electrics all the way to Reading, then the electrification masts etc would have to be completed past Heathrow.
    So I don't think it is just a case of adding the trains. Therefore probably wont happen.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Zammy Martínez

Yh lol

20. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Gee, why on earth did DTG fail to consult you during the route design process?

21. xD 2Bad4You

Uhm what? What exactly is your point here, i dont get it