Train Sim World 3 Rivet’s Class 150/2

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ghawk2005, Jan 10, 2023.

1. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

Ok so we now finally have a unit that’s juuuuuuust about drivable in the game.

Here are the fixes that are needed to bring it up to a standard close to an acceptable quality for release. Rivet - your work is NOT done on this

1) Incorrect brake rub - should be internal audio file from inside the cab

2) Incorrect track joint sounds

3) Incorrect flange squeal ( for tight curves )

4) Engine revs should rev up and then settle back down every time the throttle goes from off to notch 2, 3 and so on. ( like the class 166 does ) More research needed !!!

A lot of this could have been prevented if you had just gone on one before commencing work.

I shall expect this work to be undertaken at the very earliest opportunity - once these have sorted I will then submit the other errors with this unit to be addressed. Hopefully this will result in a unit of satisfactory quality and close to Armstrong powerhouse’s standard.

Rivet - get to work, this is long overdue

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Just give them a few years lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ghawk2005

it had better not take another year ! It’s not asking much to have a unit that’s close to something resembling realistic !! This should have been done BEFORE release. Who the hell works for their quality assurance team ???

• Like Like x 1
  4. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

This part very much nailed the issue. Nothing to add anymore.
    A huge list of what should be fixed is pointless. The unit is botched and rivet wont build it up from scratch. Same for the german diesel shunter 204.

The good news is Rivet has improved a lot by now. So with mods this unit delivers kind of an adequat experience, but for my personal taste still a.i only.

Elementary features are not implemented which were there in earlier dlcs (guard panels, local engine start up)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Rivet have never said they have one...

6. ghawk2005

This is abundantly clear, given the release quality or their work to date.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ghawk2005

Even with excellent mods, I have tried and tried to enjoy it but it is just so under-par and having experienced AP 150 pack, there’s no denying it just isn’t enjoyable at the moment. You use that 150 for ten mins then use the DTG Class 166 ( which granted still isn’t the best in the game but still lovely ) and it is just a totally different experience. Then you use AP 150 / 156 packs and it’s up a whole new level.