Xbox Checking If Anyone Has Tested Something Regarding Save Import

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Princess Entrapta, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

So, I'm in the middle of running some tests with my various XBoxes, keeping a copy of my TSW3 save in an offline console and experimenting with saves on an internet-connected one then overwriting the cloud save with the original copy stored locally on the offline console. (Creating new saves to test stuff with achievement unlocking issues)

I was wondering, has anyone tried deleting their TSW3 cloud save, and if you do, does it let you re-import your more recent TSW2 save? With all the TSW3 issues on launch, I've racked up hundreds more hours in TSW2 since September than my handful of TSW3 runs, and was hoping to be able to delete the existing cloud save and import my TSW2 data fresh from its current state.

Has anyone had success with this, or perhaps can anyone from DTG confirm if this will work?

2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

You can re-import your updated TSW2 profile if you delete the profile in TSW3 (any progress made in TSW3 will be lost). To delete the profile in TSW3, it cannot be the active one so you will have to switch to another. The import button may not show if all profiles have been imported or share the same name with TSW3 profiles also. TSW3 will read the TSW2 save data so it should be seamless across consoles with the Xbox cloud saves (I don't think it works on the PC version).

3. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Not an issue for me as my TSW2 profile is a few hundred levels higher than its TSW3 counterpart since I only use TSW3 for the odd bit of testing to see if they've improved it enough to be worth playing over TSW2 yet.