PC Since When Did Brighton Main Line Get New Freight Services?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WonterRail, Jan 9, 2023.

1. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

I don't know when this happened, but this probably is the big shock coming out of today's update. When checking on Brighton Main Line, I noticed that it's service count has gone up from 1437 to 1454.
    [​IMG]
    I went and had a check on what these new services might be, not expecting it to be much, and I discovered that this timetable has had 17 freight services added to this route. As seen in these images down below.

Selecting the Class 66 from the Loco Selection
    [​IMG]
    Brighton Main Line Freight Services
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll have a closer look at these later and see what they are, but there seems to be a good variety of them, even though there aren't that many. But boy did I not see this one coming, especially as it seemingly wasn't advertised anywhere. Definitely good that this route finally has some more freight action, and more services to what is already the biggest TSW timetable ever.

• Like Like x 23
  2. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

I believe these were in the patch today.

• Like Like x 26
  3. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

That is definitely a late Christmas surprise. I wonder was that Joe getting more in there. Hopefully he left room for the 700

• Like Like x 11
  4. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

It’s so incredibly cool that services to/from Ardingly Aggregates appear to be included! This is the fully modeled little branch north of Haywards Heath that freight trains need to “reverse” into when coming from the north, which appears to have been replicated in the game judging by the two-part services. Joe talked about this branch on the forums a long time ago, so I’m really glad he finally managed to put these services in.

• Like Like x 10
  5. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

That is tremendous news! I'm definitely going to try these!

6. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

If that's the case the patch notes failed to include them.

7. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Great news!

8. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Magnificent - these have been on my wishlist since release. Also big thanks for fixing the spawning issue that was breaking the timetable.

Am I right in also thinking there are now substantially more AI freight services around Clapham Junction? I noticed one parked up in Stewarts Lane too.

Just waiting for the lighting upgrade and Class 700 now!

• Like Like x 9
  9. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

Yes is fixed….thank you.the best route in the game in my opinion and now with the added freight services just made it better. And like mattwild55 mentioned “Just waiting for the lighting upgrade and Class 700 now!..:)

• Like Like x 4
  10. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Wow this is great news, as others have said, had not expected to see this - the best timetable in TSW has just got even better! :o Please now just bring the Class 700 then it's just the timetable basically complete (though love to see some rail tours with older BR locos too though).

Ironically, however, the best thing about these new freight services I think is the new variation of adverse signals they'll have on passenger services - hopefully some previous all-green signal services will now have a few yellow and red signals to keep gameplay interesting.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Great stuff. The more the merrier.

12. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

You really should have advertised this. It is good news.

13. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

This is good to hear. I think the Brighton Mainline is probably the most immersive route in TSW at the moment.

A class 700 would be the icing on the cake, it would be nice to see some of the stations south of Gatwick have some services actually stopping there.

• Like Like x 12
  14. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

There was one other great surprise in the update but it's slightly less exciting then new freights services.

15. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Well, what is it? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. SHINO BAZ

O that currently senario planner temporarily down (finger crossed for a quick fix) but maybe this news by now.

17. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

I'm just trying the new 3-parter, driving empties from Haywards Heath, but I'm stuck in part 2: uncouple 12 cars. I've uncoupled them but the game does not register it and I cannot proceed.

18. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

I was able to uncouple by selecting part 2 from the menu. Apologies for this, they're very old services. In 6V60s case, I recommend loading all three parts from the menu individually.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Oh right, heard about that. Let’s hope for an imminent fix.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

I figured that out as well. I was able to go from part 2 to part 3 seemlessly and I very much enjoyed the run! I did find it strange that there were so many speed reductions that were different from what the speed board said. Usually you’d see a board with two numbers on top of each other, one for freight and one for passenger trains but that wasn’t the case.
    Anywho, many thanks Joe for making these awesome services available for us! How long did they spend in limbo, waiting for release?

21. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

Is this only new for TSW3?

22. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I would think so. TSW2 hasn’t even had any of the updates it is due and extra things like this are unlikely to be back-ported.

23. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

Shame, they really have us by the cojones. Haven’t yet purchased TSW3 but with these updates and upcoming routes, may have to purchase earlier than what I thought. Disappointing when this was originally a TSW2 route but that’s life I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  24. rober

rober Member

So what version of Class 66 is needed for this or what routes? I have 66 EWS from SEHS (TSW3) and London Commuter but can't see this services.
    Epic version of the game.

25. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I believe it's ecw. I'm not completely sure though

• Like Like x 1
  26. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I believe it may be East Coastway and/or Great Western Express since the game apparently crashes if you only have one of the two installed (more info in the announcements section).

27. SHINO BAZ

With the overwhelming success of all the TSW3 updates i'm not sure TSW2 needs any more issues to go with the ones DTG left it with currently.

28. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I don’t quite get what you mean by this.

29. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Hi Joethefish - just to let you know that 6O13 Acton TC to Newhaven Marine doesn't go down towards Lewes at Keymer Jnc as expected after the player exits at Wivelsfield. The train instead heads off towards Brighton - is that intentional? I don't know if this has any knock-on effects on the timetable as I wasn't able to hang around and watch.

Also, has anyone else noticed that there appear to be several more 313 services available too?
    5C01 and 5L01 are early morning runs from Lovers Walk to Wivelsfield (diversion to avoid engineering works at Falmer) and there's a four part ECS from Selhurst to Lovers Walk with a six-car formation.

• Like Like x 1
  30. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

I am quite certain the 313 ones haven't changed. They have always been there.

• Like Like x 1
  31. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yes, I noticed that too. No problem understanding that a 6 service is limited to 60 tops, but not these unsigned reductions

32. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Quite some time actually, but glad they're out. :D
    That'll be East Coastway for the East Coastway Layer and East Coastway & Great Western Express for the Great Western Express layer.
    Yeah it is. No matter what I did, that train would refuse to go to the Lewes portal. So the decision was to either send it to the next best portal, Hove, or remove the entire service from the timetable. I made sure it does not get in the way over anything on its way to Hove, don't worry. :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. SHINO BAZ

I mean if dtg releases new updates for TSW3 and as we seen they will get fixed sooner then later (Hopefully) But if and when they release anymore TSW2 updates if something gets broken that wasn't already dtg may be in no hurry to fix it.TSW2 doesn't need extra issuses.

34. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

Crosscity has the same issue with random freight line speeds across the route despite there being no differential board or freight line speeds (based on sectional appendix). Makes the RHTT runs quite frustrating

35. bittesteigensieein

bittesteigensieein Member

All we need now is a class 700... :)

• Like Like x 4
  36. rober

rober Member

Thanks everyone!

37. heliomass

heliomass Member

I'm not seeing any freight services available for London Commuter. Is this one of those layers only available on the latest generation of consoles? I have an XBox One.

38. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I get what you mean now. It’s always a risk that things get broken when a fix comes but I wouldn’t use that as an excuse not to release a fix in the first place. One fix that TSW2 needs is something that was broken by an update to the physics (the couplers) causing derailments which has subsequently been fixed in TSW3 but left dangling in TSW2. I would say that is more important than adding services to a route though. If they broke something and that was left hanging it would be a bit much to take.

39. rennekton#1349

Last gen consoles do not get layers unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  40. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

They even have freight layers passing through Clapham Junction through the South Western Railway side(I think that's what and where it is)

41. The tortoise and the hare with the Gatwick express.

42. paulossj4

paulossj4 Active Member

Hi all.

Yesterday when running the freight service from Ardingly to Clapham Junction the Unreal error appeared near South Croydon, and today when trying to run the 5B90 (Class 313) service the same thing happened. What can it be?

43. josh#4926

josh#4926 Well-Known Member

Would love to see the Class 171 & Class 455 for London Commuter at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Well-Known Member

I've run into a few issues with the new freight services (PS5 though, not PC). Today, I tried the service with four 66s in convoy from Clapham Junction. I couldn't get the brakes to release and never got out of the station. Am I missing something about setting-up these locos when they're in this formation?

45. rennekton#1349

Release the parking brake in the rear 3 locos.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Well-Known Member

That did it, thank you! Weird that I've never had to do that with 66s before, and it took a while for the brakes to release, but it does now move.

47. ollyweston350

ollyweston350 Active Member

As happy as I am to see the new services, it seems the attention to detail from the QA team rears its head again. I've already encountered three failed scenarios due to the red light bug, and then sat waiting on this scenario for what felt like an indefinite amount of time, see pictures.

20230111_201547.jpg

20230111_201143.jpg

In reality, it was approximately 9 minutes, ok not so bad. But I just wish the game could be given the finesse it deserves instead of hammering out new content that breaks things further. This is on TSW3, PS5 for reference DTG JD

• Like Like x 1
  48. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey - this is part of a core dispatcher update we hope will resolve a lot of these issues. It's still being worked on at the moment.

49. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

I have updated the roadmap with the following information regarding the new freight services:

These new services are for Gen9 Consoles (PS5 and Xbox Series S/X) and PC only.
    They're spread across three layers:

* GWE layer: for FKA diversions and HKA services requires both ECW and GWE. This layer is brand new.
    * ECW layer: which has services hauling HKAs and on convoy train, requires ECW.
    * The AI layer in the London borough of Battersea (which includes Clapham Junction) requires ECW.

The ECW and AI layers have been there from release but had much fewer services on each.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  50. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Looking at the HUD on the second picture, you're not supposed to be getting a green light until at least 15:43. This service in reality is intentionally stopped here to let traffic pass it.

I just replayed it just to be 100% sure and I got the signal at 15:44:09. Could you replay and see if it clears to green after 15:44 please?
    [​IMG]

• Helpful Helpful x 1