Upcoming Release Master The Express!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Jan 12, 2023.

1. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Once it has finished I will see if I can get the timestamp. It was at the begining of the Stream.

2. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Haven’t seen anything what says Waverley is restricted to the platforms to Glasgow ?

It would make sense to create the other platforms whilst you are doing the station should they wish to use the tile for ECML or another route out of their

3. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

MSTS version had more trains than I could remember, TSC route had a couple, now we are down to one (Sorry but dont buy the subclass difference) Both included Falkirk Grahamston and the TSC had Grangemouth. I hope the route is enjoyed by all.

• Like Like x 1
  4. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

The optimist in me says that it is in fact releasing 5 days earlier.

• Like Like x 4
  5. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Regardless, people will notice it and complain and write poor reviews about it.

6. AtherianKing

I think opposition to the GWR livery appearing seems over exaggerated and over estimated.

the wrong livery on the 484 is all but forgotten and that’s the primary loco, not just something that comes into a platform or off on a different line

isn’t also the Class 08 or 09 that stays outside of Brighton station on London Commuter also in wrong livery, but no big forum thread or crazy reviews on the respective stores about it.

they’re probably other examples of exceptions in bigger cases, similarly the Ukrainian Sunflower livery on Creators Club has a large amount of subscriptions and it’s a fictional livery, SEHS is from what I have experienced very diverse in picking from every livery you have downloaded for class 395.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

Just because we don't have access to the HST livery editor doesn't mean that Rivet also doesn't.

Again, Just because we can't edit it, I don't see how people then assume that Rivet haven't also been able to edit it to do an inter7city one?

I'm going to wait until the blog posts before I cast judgement

8. AtherianKing

licening editing I think would have been announced by now, it would also mean if it happened the 43 would be announced as included with the pack

I would find unlikely for them to work on an official livery and interior re-model if only those who own GWE can access it

it would also require loco interior re-work to Scotrail and I wouldn’t be surprised if the 43 editing model is old enough that it would be simpler to remake it (Like NEC)

9. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

As the Scotrail InterCity7 HST is a special consist they might have updated the tech to specify a specific Livery version only. So maybe no issue at all. Assuming they are permitted to use the InterCity7 Branding. If not maybe a Rivet style 484 looks close enough livery.

10. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

They'll be created just not walkable, so you'll not entirely notice them

11. trainsimplayer

MSTS was BR era iirc, and TSC only had variants of the 170 as I remember

12. flirt745

flirt745 Active Member

The detail in the screenshots is simply stunning. Definitely looking forward to exploring this route. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. AtherianKing

where was this stated would be the case ? I never noticed it in the roadmap, rather unfortunate if so, seems like when they had Pancras sealed up except the 3 platforms

14. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

That 09 is based on the actual 09 that was stored at Brighton to help move stock around the depot. It's accurate as far as I know.

15. AtherianKing

isn’t the 09 the one in WSR ? it seems like not the one that would be their.

I recall Matt was the one who mentioned it in stream a while back…

16. Bravo2six

Without futher information Its inpossible to say really.
    Maybe the 385 is the main focus and they'll say more in a layering post, like they did with BCC.

As DTG did say that pretty much all future UK routes will have the 66 RHTT added, I'm being hopefully optermistic xD

17. AtherianKing

I have no reason to state the RHTT won’t be their (though not confirmed so always a chance it should but missed)

There’s lots that seems to stack against the ScotRail 43

I would agree pleasant surprises are always welcomed, just don’t pin too much to something that isnt confirmed their at the release/preview

18. Bravo2six

Aye, true.
    I'm just going with the, at present, no news isn't necessarily bad news :P

19. AtherianKing

I saw it mentioned that this is to include “Automatic Blinds” it may seem like a silly question but,

Does that mean the window blinds in the passenger coach have a switch or something to close them ?

or is it Automatic on board PIS ?

20. trainsimplayer

Window Blinds - adjusts to the lighting

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. AtherianKing

Don’t think I’ve heard of that before… is that like window tint what adjusts to outside lighting ?

22. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

These are actual blinds on interiors I believe

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Screenshots look great, and I'm quite excited for the route - and especially the 385 as a big EMU fan. But, I echo some of the earlier comments of what is most important: the timetable - this will separate a good route from a great route and determine whether it can sustain my interest in the long-term for many hours of enjoyment. While I don't have much knowledge of the real-life route/services, I hope as many of the available services (whether playable or AI) are included to make it feel busy.

Additionally, while I hope layers from existing UK rolling stock is included (I surely hope so as this makes the German routes and the likes of London Commuter and SEHS etc great to play in the long-term). Meanwhile, what is a must though, is that the 385 must at least have some interesting services of its own (away from the normal passenger examples) such as ECS services and moves to depot and sidings etc to both complement and add more variety to the timetable.

• Like Like x 5
  24. Adamgrant3

Adamgrant3 Active Member

I am looking forward to this as well as it would sound authentic

25. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Well said. 100% agree.

• Like Like x 1
  26. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself. I always have to remind myself to select a reskin when I'm playing the route, and when I see an AI train with it it irritates me a lot. In my opinion fictional liveries should only be allowed on fictional routes. It's far too big of an immersion breaker otherwise.

I'm in two minds as to whether I'd like an AI GWR HST. On the one hand I can play pretend that they've just come from down south, but it'll probably get really jarring seeing lots of them in that green livery.

• Like Like x 1
  27. AtherianKing

With regards to my use of the word “forgotten” I meant it just in the sense of not mentioned as a top priority frequently or regularly/lately, I’m sure those in the route will still recognise it as still missing

With regards to Ai liveries, it’s a feature to turn of certain liveries on each route, but still keep them I hope comes to TSW one day

If you don’t use fiction liveries does that mean you would never use any CC liveries or your own, unless they are very accurate - 100 % accurate ?

i to am also sceptical of a potential loss of opening a door to allowing frequent non licensed or wrong licensed locos becoming a habit or frequent occurrence with releases.

however when it comes to routes, with especially large stations like Waverly or Queen or Birmingham new street or Glasgow Central I think it’s best to try and get as many locos that fit to help make up for empty track and platforms.

some of these you would only see at a platform before it leaves the route (sort of like Westcoastway Ai or if they had ECML Ai at Darlington on TVL) , nothing like a wrong liveried 385 as that’s the routes primary loco.

I wouldn’t recommend use of obvious wrong locos like DB Br 401 at Waverly or something though to fill space

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
  28. AtherianKing

I haven’t seemed to find an answer to this, is this Route (Edinburgh to Glasgow) the line that goes via Falkirk High or is it a different line ?

Edit I just checked the Wiki article on this line and it states 9 stations but the article states here their are 10, but unsure now whether it is…

(From Roadmap)
    JH: The route is framed by two breathtaking stations. Edinburgh Waverley with its massive glass and metal roof structure and the many open spaces at one end and Glasgow Queen Street with its unique approach at the other end. Both feature a very unique (and different) architecture. In total, there are 10 stations along the way for you to discover.

29. rennekton#1349

yea, via falkirk high from what people have been saying

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

But what could those be, aside from the ubiquitous 66 and freight wagons? The only other Scotrail train in the game is four years dead, and there certainly is no place for south-of-the-Thames Electrostars.

31. cloudyskies21

Other than freight, I think at a bare minimum a couple rail tours could be added using both the plethora of older UK rolling stock, and possibly steam too? ECW and the original SEHS had BR diesels in the timetable, so I can't see why the new route couldn't have these added too. What's your thoughts/opinion on such?

32. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

The tenth station I think is Edinburgh Park which the Scotrail express services do not stop at, so very much depends on what the timetable is if this station is a bit of a ghost town or not.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. rennekton#1349

Could see the rhtt

34. trainsimplayer

Wiki excludes Edinburgh Park.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

I could be, but would railtours change that much in a matter of diversity? I think usually is just one service per loco, so in total that would be like 4-5 additional services, so generally by 99% of the time spent driving you would still meet the same train (385) all over again.

36. blackwolfTR

blackwolfTR New Member

But then again - its realistic, since not much else is servicing that particular line. HST is logical, but I can see the difficulties of its conversion to a ScotRail variant and frankly wouldn´t mind to pay extra for it as a DLC to make up for the pains and time spent on its editing (despite the fact, that it won´t run the whole line).

Other units exits the line after Haymarket towards Forth Bridge and I think the same goes from the side of Glasgow, altough I stand to be corrected by someone more familiar with the ScotRail network. Therefore it´s more a question of unpopulated terminal stations, which might be solved in the future by other DLCs. I didn´t noticed that much displeasure over electrostars on London-Brighton line.

• Like Like x 2
  37. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Yes. Once the novelty wore off I think the only CC liveries I've regularly used are the poppy and NHS liveries for the 377, the Thameslink livery for the 387, and FGW/ GWR reskins for the 150.

• Like Like x 2
  38. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

They've mentioned that layers and timetables will be mentioned in a fourthcoming article. Nothing mentioned about a scotrail HST, HST livery designer is just around the corner. Its no big deal to knock up a livery with what we have. We will just have to sit tight and wait and see. all this shoulda coulda woulda.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  39. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

We could at least have a railtour or three to add variety. And the route is ripe for a GWE style Legends pack with the Class 37, Class 40, Class 47 and even the Class 20.

I fully agree though, the route itself is tempting but the prospect of driving yet another modern plastic EMU, potentially with Rivet's abysmal sound and physics, leaves me cold. Not a day 1 purchase by any means for me - I want to see lots of none rose tinted reviews and opinions before contemplating a purchase.

• Like Like x 4
  40. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Rivet has quite a bit of experience with the older British locos through the NTP layers in WCL, so I really hope they don’t forget to add a handful of railtours.
    I’m definitely expecting a steam railtour at the very least as they’re literally working on a steam expansion pack for WCL right now. Would also be accurate because of the nearby Bo’ness heritage line (which actually has a station right next to the mainline, hope they’ve included that and made it available in scenario planner!).
    They also mentioned a museum along the route was replicated accurately, perhaps that’s a nice opportunity for some static stock.

41. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

This is the 09 that was at Brighton. (Not my photo) p1902974330-4.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. Jpantera

TSC one had a 37 and AI HST iirc.

We seem to be accepting that paying £30.00 (presuming it that much) for a route with one train. No branches and maybe a layer or two (66 no doubt) is ok. Yes it may look good and yes some gimmicks like PIS are present but after the 4th or 5th go on this route many folks may start wishing for a branch or similar to shake it up. Riesa - Dresden and London Commuter show how and what can be done. Not including the line via Grahamston to me is just strange.

• Like Like x 6
  43. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

If the sounds and physics are a let down then this would be a serious missed opportunity. Endless feedback has been given about the Class 150. Surely Rivet/DTG don’t want a repeat of that - especially as the train and the route are both looking really promising.

• Like Like x 1
  44. trainsimplayer

Possibly because the Grahamston line is a seperate line.

Bare in mind that TSW trains are far more detailed than a TSC one.

45. SteveRail

I do wish they had included the lines from both Edinburgh and Glasgow to Stirling as it would have given so much more gameplay, but as you say, completely separate lines from Falkirk and (I think croy at Glasgow end??) so would probably have meant doubling the dev time, as would prob need another loco too.
    Fingers crossed for a future DLC & maybe AI services to branch off at the moment.

46. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

For clarity, the ten stations on the Waverley-Falkirk High-Queen Street line are:
    1. Edinburgh Waverley
    2. Highmarket
    3. Edinburgh Park
    4. Linlithgow
    5. Polmont
    6. Falkirk High
    7. Croy
    8. Lenzie
    9. Bishopbriggs
    10. Glasgow Queen Street
    Waverley-Queen Street services do not stop at Edinburgh Park, Lenzie, and Bishopbriggs. Hopefully the services that do stop there and then head towards Stirling and Perth are included, and ideally are drivable along the playable section.

Depends on the TSW train and the TSC train...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Ahh the Hamworthy Goods Pet shunter. As she spent such a long time working the Poole Quay branch she was given the unofficial HW allocation sticker.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  48. Jpantera

I don't agree that all are but that isn't really my issue. Is this a £30.00 route that will entertain for years or is it going to be a Version of Rapid transit which gets uninstalled after 4 runs or so.

49. SteveRail

Every second peak time Edinburgh to Glasgow QS and vice Versa express services do stop at Lenzie & Bishopbriggs. Monday to Friday only. These services skip Linlithgow & polmont.

Attached weekday timetable for folks info

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  50. cloudyskies21

Yeah obviously there are not going to be a lot of services, but I think anything extra is a real bonus and still adds variety, albeit even if just small instead of nothing at all. As an example, while not a railtour, but on London Commuter, it's always a pleasure to see the Class 313 pass by on its journey to/from Selhurst depot - even though this was literally just a couple of bonus services, it makes some of the standard passenger services unique because of this. On Edinburgh-Glasgow, railtours would make a nice treat to see amid all the 385s.

If there is going to be a one-loco route, there needs to be at least other rolling stock from existing content used where applicable at a bare minimum.

• Like Like x 3