PC Regarding Upcoming Unannounced Us Route Expansion

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix, Jan 13, 2023.

1. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

So far we haven't heard any announcement regarding the unannounced us expansion pack but i have a feeling it could be for an LIRR Expansion route, especially because of their recent LIRR M3 for TSC. This expansion could hopefully rework all of the scenery and asset for the OLD TSW 2 LIRR, which in my own opinion is the worst DLC Ever, especially as other people mention.

The TSW 2 Version of the LIRR was so outdated especially talk about the feeling of driving in the city, it feels nothing like that. that, however for the TSC Version they had added so much improvement to the asset aka thanks to cActUsjUiCe and the city view and skyline which is supposed to be how TSW 2 LIRR was. There are some mention from the person saying that they reuse the texture from TSW 2 but i really don't know if thats true, from what i see it look lot better. I don't know where they are going to expand the route to, but hopefully we can see all the updated assets added to it.

Here is a video of one of YouTuber showing TSC LIRR Route and explaining why it's so much better than TSW3 which in my opinion I 100% agree with what he said.

Also shoutout to cActUsjUiCe for making the TSC Version look better

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Sorry to burst your bubble but the DLC code of the US Expansion is 3.NDD-E7 01

This indicates it is Diesel Electric so that counts LIRR out. The only Diesel electrics on LIRR are the EMD DE30AC and DM30AC, but the route expansion packs contain no locos, so it has to be using existing stock (In LIRRs case are Electric DC)

3. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

ok if not the expansion it could be a new route for the unannounced us route

4. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

The new US route will most probably be a new section of the NEC as the route code for that one is 3.NBB-R7 01 (indicating Electric AC)

5. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Hopefully they would think about going back and updating by this year hopefully

6. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Some people think that the new route might be NJ Transit Route which i think will be amazing especially since its the most requested route for a while now

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Even though the current items on the roadmap are not LIRR related, I do agree a LIRR update would be good.

Redo signalling like they have done on Boston Sprinter and give the route ACSES. Then the route could finally get the improved timetable they made years ago. Sure a scenery upgrade would also be good, but that's just optional.

Then make a diesels + bi-level pack to sell something, since you spent this much effort to fix the route, so it pays off.

• Like Like x 5
  8. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

Agree that LIRR would merit a big, juicy upgrade. Such famous, still so empty and bland.
    However with Boston being upgraded to TSW3 standard, i feel if they redo another route it may be a german one. (UK has already Faversham as upgraded and extended route)

• Like Like x 2
  9. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Interesting! Which German route would they redo, in your opinion? If I had to choose one, I would probably pick Main Spessart Bahn. They could implement the entirely new section skipping the old Spessartrampe, and also give some much-needed love to the currently unused diesel passenger line. Regardless, I don’t know if such an upgrade is even necessary on any German route… they all feel quite well-rounded and playable.

10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I would love to see LIRR upgraded and expanded, it was the very first route I played on TSW 2020. It could be an exceptionally good route. As it stands now, I rarely (if ever) play it. So much potential waiting to be unleashed.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I would LOVE getting the SEHS treatment for Duisburg - Bochum, especially after the preservation crew upgrade that made the rails look "wet" all the time.
    Extending the route to Dortmund and Düsseldorf would be logical addition as well.

For the US route, I think LIRR deserves an update, but it's probably going to be some newer route.

• Like Like x 3
  12. chacal#2181

I agree that german routes are all quite good quality, even the older ones received some love, and all feel cohesive.

I dont have a prefered german route for an upgrade but i woud bet for a recent one, maybe Dresden-Riesa. If i had to choose i would like SKA to get longer, but i dont know German rail enough to know if its realist, and SKA is a rather older route now.

Now maybe that all daydreams... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

The route expansion is probably for Cajon Pass, or another freight route, it isn't the LIRR, and it most likely isn't for the new route either.

IMO, the old LIRR should be scrapped and redone or given the SEHS treatment.

• Like Like x 6
  14. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Me too. i haven't touched LIRR Route at all, the only one that i sometimes play is Harlem, but its also not up to TSW 3 standard as well which I really also hope when they do create another Metro north route, they will add more detail and updated the assets to how it suppose to look like, especially adding more city feel like to the route.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dinosbacsi

I used to play LIRR a lot back in the TSW2020 times. it was one of my favorites even despite all the issues with it. It always had a lot of potential, such a shame it got kind of forgotten...

• Like Like x 3
  16. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

on steamdb.info new App 1998970 with 1998955(Sherman Hill)in development.I guess this is BNSF Pack(ES44C4 and SD40-2) from Cajon Pass

17. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Could be any train tbh. Give it the up livery and run on sherman. Idk what other operator runs on Sherman Hill

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dinosbacsi

Ooh, I would totally be into some Sherman Hill action!

19. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

The expansion/enhancement packs are - most likely - not going to edit routes. They may bring Special Projects (Preservation) Team features to them but they probably won't alter the physical route. They add existing trains to existing routes to prove more gameplay. Think about Diesel Legends of the Great Western. That's set in the 1960s/70s, British Rail Blue era. The physical route retains that ~2015 setting, with the in-progress electrification, modern PIS and FGW/GWR Branding.

If it is for Long Island, which I doubt because there isn't much to add there, don't expect much.

20. chacal#2181

Well, a busy timetable ( à la London Commuter) would be enough... ;)

21. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

That would require extensive resignalling.

22. chacal#2181

Indeed... Isn't that just they are doing now with Boston (along lightning update) ?
    Now, LIRR is old, and my feel is that it wont be touched anymore, but who knows.

23. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I don't that won't be the case, like others has said here if they do make another LIRR they should start from scratch again, but this time for the terminal it will be add the new grand central terminal since this is what happening in the real world. NYC is about to open a new terminal connection Commuter train into one hub. So i don't think this would be the case. Can't wait when they do make another LIRR Route but this time adding the new Grand Central Terminal :cool::D

24. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

I doubt LIRR will ever be retouched to the extent other users here are hoping for. The only chance of this happening is if they remaster it for a new iteration of TSW, something like TSW4. Anybody who is remotely interested in LIRR probably would have picked it up by now or when the M3 released, and I doubt any remastering would sway people who are on the fence considering something like the Harlem Line exists which is a far better product. Remastering it for TSW4 would reduce the amount of work they have to put when they do the yearly triple route release (similar to how Southeastern Highspeed was upgraded for TSW3). Maybe add in an M9 and the 3rd mainline track with possibly an extension to Huntington or/and Ronkonkoma and the new Grand Central terminal which would be on par with how SEHSx was extended at least length wise. Some combination of all of that with a Joe timetable, and it would essentially have as much content as a brand new route.

25. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

They should Metro North as well it is better than LIRR but still need more work to it hopefully they will remaster it to TSW3 with all the features and the new TOD V4

26. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I believe LIRR is currently remaindered at $8.99 on Steam.
    That should tell you something about its future.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. rennekton#1349

That's cuz it's on sale. There was a winter encore sale right after the winter sale ended

28. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Oh, really, no kidding! Well thanks for that. ;)

By the way, you completely missed my point.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
  29. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Which ones NJCL or NEC New Haven to Newark, NJ via NY Penn Station 84 miles? Both can merge with each other due to NY Penn station being their common origin point.

30. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

Completely agree, LIRR is one of the oldest and busiest passenger railroads in the United States, but definitely the business of the route is not depicted in TSW. This route was one of the first passenger routes released in the early days of TSW2020. From all that has been learned with route building between 2018 and 2023, I am sure the devs can recreate it and make it much better than it currenty is, bringing it on par with the TSC version. Currently, the LIRR in TSW feels very empty and can for sure use a signal upgrade. The Diesel Electrics and bilevels would be a welcome addition to the route and would add more variety and services.

• Like Like x 1
  31. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

i don't know which one, but i will still be happy with either one, if like you said they can merge it, that would be awesome and even better :o:);)

32. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I hope they’ll add the dual mode diesel locomotive and the bilevels cab cars to the Lirr route for TSW 3.

• Like Like x 1
  33. EpilepticWeasel

EpilepticWeasel Active Member

My guess for the expansion pack is that they are going to (finally) add drivable UP services to Cajon Pass. Many UP trains run the route all the way through Barstow to West Daggett where they diverge to Yermo on the way to Vegas. That would give the route a little more diversity.

• Like Like x 1
  34. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

I’d love to see it be
    1- nec ny Penn to Trenton with Amtrak and njt nec services including Acela
    2- north jersey coast line from ny Penn to either Woodbridge or south amboy which are not far from where it branches off from the nec at Rahway
    3- Morris Essex Dover services from ny Penn to Newark broad street which is first stop after it branches off from nec in kearny

• Like Like x 1
  35. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

100% agree with this. I've made the same suggestion. let's see

36. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

They could also just do a route (I think there's currently 10 other LIRR routes they could pick from) with the new Moynihan Train Hall (a new expansion of Penn Station). It's absolutely beautiful and it houses Amtrak as well as LIRR. Or, yea, go the Grand Central route. But whatever they do, they might need to start fresh like folks have said. Heck, maybe the old route can be a layer.
    [​IMG]

37. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I think we need to look again at the definition of "expansion pack" in the DTG lexicon: Matt actually explained it carefully in the roadmap stream. An expansion pack adds (pre-existing or slightly reskinned) rolling stock and/or services to one or more existing routes. Diesel Legends and New Journeys are expansion packs. What an "expansion" manifestly is not is a route, or an overhaul of a route, or an extension to a route.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. mrchuck

I thought the expenison pack is a diesel electric locomotives from the us so it leaves out the dual mode diesel locomotive or the Hsp46 locomotive for Boston sprinter.

39. mrchuck

If it’s the northeast corridor is it new London to new Haven or New Haven to New York.

40. rennekton#1349

We don't know any details. It makes more sense if it runs from new york to new haven. Could be nyp to philadelphia or trenton if too long