4th's Games Lner Y6

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 4th's Games, May 19, 2022.

1. 4th's Games

4th's Games New Member

Hey all, I was super curios if anyone had any feedback for me, my DLC the LNER Y6 launched over on the Forge Simulation 29/04 and its a locomotive I have adored working on and I hope you all like it too![​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cuddy_Man

Cuddy_Man Well-Known Member

It looks good, but faces competition from DT's similar offering, which I already have.

I suggest some active promotion of it, as your studio and product were completely unknown to me until your post.

• Like Like x 1
  3. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Likewise I was not aware of you. I am discovering a lot of 3rd party developers I did not know existed, which is a good thing for the hobby. I have yet to get the DT version although it is on my list. I will check yours out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 4th's Games

4th's Games New Member

That's unfortunate that marketing didnt reach as many as id of hoped, I did of course publish much promotion via The Forge Simulation who are my distributors in the form of updates, a trailer and what not.
    DT's J70 is the bigger brother of the Y6 but these are in terms of development completely apart. I was brought onboard the J70 project as a sound artist in its final stages of development to touch up a few sound issues but in terms of sounds which are my key area of expertise the Y6 has been given much love and new ways of implementing/handling sounds such as randomizing Chuff exhausts and more randomised sounds overall giving it a very dynamic and immersive playing experience which is aided by the rolling stock that comes with the pack.
    here is the trailer:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Cuddy_Man

Unless you want to stay poor you need to move people to the purchase page: https://www.theforgesimulation.co.uk/p/lner-y6-pack/

It might be a good idea to give a free review sample to Alan Thomson as his videos seem to have a good pull on TS enthusiasts.

Good particles in your video. Some of the best I've seen and I like the decay downwind.

Have you considered approaching DTG to publish on Steam? I know they and Steam take a fat cut, but it seems to me Steam's got a market reach you'll find hard to get any other way.

6. 4th's Games

4th's Games New Member

Ive been getting involved with a few forums and social media groups for sure just nattering about it and talking about what the pack is and where to find it and i was getting there eventually I just didn't want to thrust a store page at people first but your right, thanks for the compliments I wanted to try get the particles as realistic as possible
    First person in the test team actually thought the particles where super imposed in the pictures I sent which I suppose is a good sign.

As for DTG and steam ?, Im not too sure on how I do that and then i need to take into consideration the respects to agreements between myself and Forge but anything can happen

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Note that Searchlight Simulations did this with their CP loco and nothing else, The strategy worked. They have their own fan base now. They do not need Steam beyond the one offering.

8. Cuddy_Man