PC New Patch Today

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by solicitr, Jan 9, 2023.

1. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

I think it should be pretty obvious by now that this isn’t happening.

No one actually still believes this ‘release window’ nonsense do they? It’s not like they’re having to produce and ship a physical product, instead just push out a download. How many have they pushed for TSW3 since Christmas? It’s at least 2.

In fact, there was a release window just there. And another, another one, there’s another, and another….

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Creating builds takes a lot of time and coordination. It's still something we're committed to releasing.

• Like Like x 5
  3. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

lcyrrjp are you manual or auto firing?

4. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

Hi Matt, thanks for looking at it. I’m manual firing.

5. DTG Matt

Are you opening the firebox to let it coal?

Try using auto and see whether you get the same problem.

Matt.

6. dgagnon720

dgagnon720 Active Member

Still no creator club liveries in clinchfield in timetable mode.

7. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

In the patch notes it mentioned Liveries appear as they should and within the roadmap they gave it more of a description of what this meant, so I thought, yaaay, I'll finally get to see some of the 47 and MK2 coach reskins I downloaded in creators club within the timetable mode for NTP!

Well, I've tried a few times now and I'm pleased to say my 47 reskins have appeared but I'm yet to see any of my MK2 reskins appear, I have TP, ScotRail & IC installed. Anyone else having same issues the MK2 stock in timetable mode?

Oh and you still cannot sit down in the MK2's, this has been reported by myself and others in the past and was noted by a DTG member.

Also, the random spawning needs looking at too as it's not totally random, every time I fire up NTP for the first time in timetable mode at Man Vic at 10:45 on foot, the train to Leeds is always hauled by the same loco, one of my reskins 47 580.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
  8. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

It would be good if they could post a detailed list as what rolling stock should actually spawn liveries now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. lcyrrjp

I never touch the firebox doors. The tutorial video doesn’t mention them, and the comments I’ve seen on the forums suggest they don’t do anything. Is that incorrect?

I’ll try a run with auto and let you know what happens.

10. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

Yes, a list would be great. I have not had a chance to watch the stream yet, and although I plan to, does anybody know if the livery fix was described in any greater detail? To me, the fix as described in the roadmap article is vague, because there is more than one issue with custom liveries.

1) Liveries spawn but look mottled. I think this is what was supposed to be fixed.
    2) On some routes liveries don't appear, such as CRR and CJP
    3) Some locos and wagons don't spawn liveries on routes that do work, such as the 465

Although I have had great support and answers from other members of this community, I have yet to hear anything from DTG regarding this, including:

1) Is DTG aware of this?
    2) Is this a a bug, or is it intentional that sometimes the liveries won't appear?
    3) As mentioned, can we at least know which ones are supposed to be working?

Creators Club is Beta and nice to have but not of game-breaking importance (like save game). So, even if DTG came out and said, for instance, that for technical reasons custom liveries will never appear on CJP, I would not argue with that. But, I don't think it's too much to ask for some acknowledgement and description of this issue. And also, if a route is to come out in the future where the liveries obviously do not work, again such as CJP, I would think that this should be clearly stated by DTG as not compatible with Creators Club.

11. DTG Matt

The livery issue is a difficult one to describe and a difficult one to give you a concrete demo of it working.

Essentially - nothing has changed in terms of what's set up to work and what isnt by this, the change was a core game change to the way liveries were loaded. The issue was that even in some cases where liveries *should* be spawning you wouldn't necessarily see them in all cases because due to timing during loading, they'd manage to unload themselves as well and revert to the normal version of the train.

So if you NEVER saw it somewhere before, this is unlikely to change that. But if things were working but didnt seem often enough etc then they should work better?

See, difficult to describe and you're probably not much wiser, much like myself. Suffice to say - a bug was fixed, should see more liveries in places you already saw them but didnt realise you werent seeing enough? something like that.

Matt.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dinosbacsi

Thanks for the explanation.

Are there any plans to improve on the spawning of custom liveries then? It would be great to have them on freight cars to increase variety.

13. NateDogg7a

Thank you. I did seem to notice recently that the F40 on NEC-BP did not appear to be spawning as often as I remembered. I will go back and see if this is any different.

In regards to the liveries that have never worked, is there anything to be said about that? I have also noticed that on many units where liveries don't work, such as the 465 and ES44C4 (CJP), there is missing unit information on the pause screen, which I feel could be related to the overall problem.

14. NateDogg7a

They actually do appear on the wagons in SPG, and with great frequency at that. I was recently informed on another thread that custom liveries can make a wagon appear empty when loaded, and that this can cause further errors, therefore many wagons have had their custom liveries disabled. I did not hear this directly from DTG. Also, this does not explain how the liveries are able to show up in SPG.

Edit: I also recall them showing up on the MBTA coaches in NEC-BP with regularity.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
  15. Dinosbacsi

I believe the freight cars turning empty is an issue with substitution only (so cars being replaced with other stock from other routes, like on Oakville), not with custom liveries.

But it would be good if Matt or someone could clarify the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DTG Matt

Custom liveries don't unload the wagons, that's fine.

What unloads wagons is plain old substitution e.g. for another wagon entirely. Wagons on oakville will get unloaded, but as there's no grades etc to speak of the benefit of substitution is more valuable than the pain of losing the loaded wagons. On a route with a grade, it can utterly transform the ride if your 15,000 ton loaded train no longer has loads :)

Matt.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Dinosbacsi

Thanks for clearing that up!

As for custom liveries, how comes they don't work everywhere? Mostly talking about freight cars. For example they work on Sand Patch I believe, but not on Clinchfield or only some cars work on Sherman Hill.
    Is it something set up incorrectly on the freight cars themselves? If so, any plans to improve on them so so we can have nice colorful freight consists?

• Like Like x 1
  18. DTG Matt

I'll need to get Adam's team to take a look and find out why they aren't substituting liveries - the most likely answer is "tickbox not ticked" annoyingly!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Wagons in SPG have not spawned custom liveries for some time now- at least not in TSW3. And it seems the spawn rate on locos is much lower than before. (That's even without getting to the long-MIA YN2 GP38)

20. NateDogg7a

I have to honestly say that this is not the case for me; although I don't play SPG frequently for sure, I checked just yesterday and the custom wagon liveries were well-represented. In fact, I noted more custom tankers and coal wagons than standard liveried ones. This in TSW3 on Xbox Series S. Perhaps it is due to the update that rolled out? I have now watched the live stream, and it appears some liveries that were formerly appearing, had basically stopped, or at least became much more infrequent. I would be interested if you go back to SPG now and see if there is any difference.

Of course, this doesn't address liveries that have never, ever, worked, like CRR, and all the others. If Matt is going to get with Adam on this one, perhaps the issue will finally get some attention.

21. lcyrrjp

Hi Matt

I tried a run using auto and didn’t get a Service Failure.

I then tried a run using manual but I opened and closed the firebox every few minutes, and I didn’t get a Service Failure on that run either.

So it seems that, in manual, opening and closing the firebox is now required to prevent a Service Failure. It never used to be (I’ve never touched it before and never had a Service Failure) so it would be useful to understand - is it a new feature (and if so what is it intended to represent), or is there a bug to which opening and closing the firebox is a workaround?

The odd thing is that if the Driver doesn’t open and close the firebox, the fireman does it every few minutes anyway (even in manual) but it seems the Driver must do it to prevent a Service Failure.

Thanks for your help.

22. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Coal level in the firebox is being simulated now it seems. Opening the firebox starts adding coal to the fire.
    I think I’ve seen a hud explainer image in the pause menu for when manual firing development is complete that shows the coal and water levels. But the current implementation doesn’t show us this in game.

• Like Like x 1
  23. lcyrrjp

Thanks, that’s interesting. Some sort of indication is needed of what the coal level is and what’s required, I feel. At the moment it just feels like you randomly open the firebox now and again, and sometimes the Fireman immediately does the opposite to what you just did (you open the firebox and the Fireman immediately slams it shut!)

One other small point - the options menu shows “F” as being used to open and close the firebox. In fact, it only opens the firebox. Some experimentation showed that to close the firebox you need to use Shift+F.

24. HerrBag

HerrBag New Member

I had this also.

Then. .. after connecting to the rescue train ( after restoring the save) the scenario promptly failed.

Any hints ??

25. elric#1386

elric#1386 Well-Known Member

If that's the Really Reliable Rescue then it sounds like the original bug is back, and it's back to being a Really Not a Reliable Rescue?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  26. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

2 months later...

• Like Like x 4