Unused Content

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eldomtom2, Jan 13, 2023.

1. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of any unused content in TSC and its DLCs? Assets that come with routes that don't use them, that sort of thing.

2. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Can replaced assets count? If so a bunch of models from the older versions of TS were replaced with updated ones. These included the Mark 1s, Class 47 and Class 166.

As for unused assets, perhaps the BNSF locos included in the US Loco And Asset Pack? These were originally a separate DLC as far as I know which can still be bought, and includes scenarios for them which aren't normally included. Weird.

3. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

Not routes specifically, but I just discovered (half a year ago) that the core game comes with a green Class 5MT and also a blue SDJR 7F although that one was used later elsewhere.
    Technically, a lot of it exists, beyond yet another 5MT livery that I only saw in the Class 421 free roam, or random wagons supplied with train DLC (sometimes QD consists use them). As such, the entire marketplace qualifies. :)
    Otherwise, the best way to go about it is to build a crawler that checks used objects.

4. Cuddy_Man

Cuddy_Man Well-Known Member

How do you access this please?

5. eldomtom2

Yes, if you can document them.

What separate DLC are you referring to?

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I have the Green "Black 5" and the 7F in Prussian Blue in my Kuju folder as they are repaints of the default locos
    No idea in which pack they were downloaded in though

7. eldomtom2

They are included in the Euro Asset Pack. You can use them by placing them in a scenario or making a quick drive consist wiith them.

8. Doomotron

The Black 5 has the BR black, BR green and a rusty black livery available. The 7F has BR black and Prussian blue.

This one.

9. Cuddy_Man

Cuddy_Man Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, when triznya.andras mentioned a Class 5MT, I thought he meant the BR Standard Class 5MT, and I thought, wow, that would be a find.

I'm already aware of the green Stanier Class 5.

10. Doomotron

Matt Peddlesden's UKTS account has an interesting thing on it, called Flying Scotsman Christmas Card. It's a demo version of RailWorks 2 featuring one scenario using the Flying Scotsman on a unique fictional route called the Lake Line. It's a separate installation to TS but having attempted to transfer the files into TS it didn't appear to work, despite using the same file system. I might have another go; I did like the route that came with it.

If you want to give the a demo a go, download it soon - UKTS will be shutting down soon.

11. triznya.andras

Random find, relevant here. Probably not the gem you'd hope for but who knows :)
    Playing the elderly Class 158 pack, creating my own scenario as usual, trying to find it I came across an unexpected livery - the third:
    ...\RailWorks\Assets\S9BL\Class158Pack\
    ...\RailWorks\Assets\DTG\Class158Pack01\
    ...\RailWorks\Assets\DTG\Class158FGW\
    I know most people here are absolute AP fans, but anyway.
    It was bundled with the Arriva Trains DMU pack. No mention in the manual - might be AI, or just an easter egg. It was installed upon purchase, in 2017.

12. Doomotron

It was a later addition, like the East Coast Class 91, Silverlink Class 150 and SWT 158. In all of these cases I believe it is mentioned on the store page but I'm not certain.

• Like Like x 1
  13. triznya.andras

I see, thanks :)
    Wanted to check the store page yesterday but it just throws back at the Steam front page, as Arriva is retired.

14. Doomotron

Before the AP 158 came out the FGW 158 was probably the best looking one we had. It's annoying they had to retire it but it could have been worse, AP could have used the now-retired 158 as the base for their enhancement pack.