Road Map Roadmap - January 2023

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Jan 12, 2023.

1. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Well those days are over! Once you receive the patch, that is.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Mikeboy

Mikeboy Active Member

Will the updated signalling help fix/improve the signalling on LIRR? Might we therefore finally be able to see the enhanced high-volume timetable?

3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I think lirr is an even bigger project. It also doesn't have any acses on it which is when the route is set i believe. So it would require an overhaul of the signalling to some extent. Given its age, it would be better to just rebuild the whole route or create a different part of lirr, add acses and a signalling update to allow a busier timetable

4. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

LIRR is not part of this. I've only modified the signal model for Boston.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Mikeboy

Mikeboy Active Member

Thanks for clarifying. I hope in the future DTG decide it's worth allocating dev time to cracking that nut because the new timetable on Bakerloo was just transformative for the route.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

We'll see. I did Boston for free in my own time because I wanted to learn TSW signaling and fix Boston at the same time. I'm not doing that for a project that I care less about.

• Like Like x 4
  7. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

Thank you very much cActUsjUiCe for all you hard work on this matter. I did have a question about the restricted signals that won't clear until making a station stop. This results in the preceding signals slowing your train down in advance, and then the signal in question clears as soon as you stop. Although you have fixed the signalling progressions, to my mind a fix like that won't address this particular issue; all that would do is ensure a correct progression to an incorrectly set signal. Do you know if this issue was also fixed? I feel like with everything you have done, this must have come up. I also experienced it just a few days ago, so I know that pre-patch the problem still exists. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

You're 100% correct. This issue refers to an option in each timetable instruction called "Dispatch Beyond Instruction". If ticked, the dispatcher will reserve signals beyond the instruction (i.e. reserving signals beyond a station stop). If unticked, no signals beyond are reserved so you'll get stop signals and the like nearby. The timetable is being looked at and reviewed by us on a regular basis. A lot of these issues have since been resolved so your experience with the service mode timetable should be much better.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

And even in that case the red paint job on the 110 and n-Wagen would be wrong

10. solicitr

Say rather early 1990s.

11. solicitr

But, with luck, this will help with future US routes having functional ACS/ACSES?

12. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Not really. Completely different blueprints.

13. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Hello, sorry about that! It seems there was an iusse with uploading these last week which has been resolved, they should now both be in-game ready to read :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Upon release I'll start with TSW3 then :)