Faro Locomotive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mv75, Jan 5, 2023.

1. mv75

mv75 Member

Buonasera guidando di notte i fari delle locomotive non illuminano niente,ho provato con una br101 di steam ho modificato nel file bin il radius da 40 a 100 ma non c'è nessuno cambiamento rimango così come sono sapete come risolvere per avere più profondità del cono di luce? grazie

2. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Translated:
    "Good evening driving at night the headlights of the locomotives do not illuminate anything,I tried with a steam br101 I changed in the bin file the radius from 40 to 100 but there is no change I remain as well as I am you know how to solve to have more depth of the cone of light? Thank you"

Radius will not do anything, you'll need to change the actual strength of the light.

3. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Steam headlamps were not designed to illuminate at night at all. Their sole function was to indicate train class to signallers.

Thus steam train drivers really were ‘driving in the dark’.

4. Johnno124

Johnno124 Active Member

Depends on what country as well. Australia switched from Lamp Headcodes to Hi Intensity Lamps quite early compared to the UK. Most of our preserved stock has nice big Headlights on the top of the Smokebox.
    [​IMG]
    Victorian Railway A2 Class locomotive, Built with the headlamp in 1915

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023