PC Pzb Acknowledge Keyboard Button, Is It Bugged?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by denizmert, Jan 15, 2023.

1. denizmert

denizmert Member

It says in the control guide that it is Page down, yet when you click on it, nothing happens. No zugbeeinflussung. I changed it to something else, first Ctrl+P then Ctrl+shift+P, and both of them closed the MCB and left me powerless in the middle of a run. Yes, changing the button for PZB acknowledge closes the MCB and does nothing to the PZB. And the originally intended button for it doesn't work. What's going on?

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Not all locomotives or multiple units still make a sound for acknowledging. It's either real life or not implemented

3. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

From what I have experienced, you have to restart your service after changing key binds for the changes to take effect.
    Apart from that, the PZB Acknowledge key (Wachsamkeitstaste) works as expected for me, I just gave it a try.
    Maybe you can specify on what locomotive/multi-unit you encountered the problem?

• Like Like x 1
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Remapping keys is dicey, because if you map to a key that already has a function it retains that function (as you found with the MCB). This can create a cascading daisy-chain of re-maps.

Anyway, I have never encountered a problem with PZB acknowledge/Pg Dn. Sometimes issues with Sifa (Q), but not that.

5. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

On the BR442 Talent 2, you have to hold it down until you hear a buzz, while the cab button slowly moves forward. Ctrl + P does the MCB anyway, so probably best not to rebind it to that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. denizmert

denizmert Member

BR 185. And I'm pretty sure it says Zugbeeinflussung when you press the wachsamkeitstaste. I didn't know Ctrl+P was the circuit breaker, that's why I retried with Ctrl+Shift+P binding but it did the same thing. Circuit breaker wasn't on the key binding list as far as I could see.

7. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

Can I confirm that you actually have PZB enabled? Just to make sure, because they are off by default.

8. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

In the default setup shift+P should lower and raise the pantograph, while shift+control+P should toggle the MCB, if I am not mistaken. So an unlucky choice of double key bind. ;)
    Apart from that: I just gave it a try with the BR 185.5 MRCE and the BR 185.2. The PZB Wachsamkeitstaste works on both locos, but only the BR 185.2 acknowledges the input with "Zugbeeinflussung". The BR 185.5 MRCE stays silent (but the input registers anyway).
    Maybe there are also differences between the versions, but I didn't try that.

9. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

That's both for BR 185 & 182 which uses OBB Announcer Chris Lohner for the PZB Wachsam on the following keys Pg down (Bild Ab) End Key PZB Frei (Ende) PZB Befehl Delete Key (Entf). Control Shift R AFB on Control Shift Enter PZB/LZB Sifa On. If still bugged contact support weblink is dovetailgames.freshdesk.com

10. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It works OK, but it may be critical in how long you keep the key pressed. Also you need to select the right moment. It may take some time to get used to it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. beyondledtech

beyondledtech New Member

Waiting this to be responded.

12. Isaak

Isaak Well-Known Member

I don't have this issue. Does clicking the switch with the mouse work to acknowledge PZB? I'd post a bug report on the support site. Explanation here.

13. denizmert

denizmert Member

Yes it works. Only problem is you can't enjoy a good outside view in a high traffic area with lots of 1000Hz magnets. Having a keyboard key would be so much more convenient.

I actually tried to assign "Q" to PZB acknowledge, since it's the default button to acknowledge train control systems in UK and US routes, but it still didn't work. It only acknowledges sifa(yes, one button can do more than one thing. On UK trains you acknowledge the AWS and DVD at the same time with "Q")

14. rjeeves#3580

rjeeves#3580 Active Member

PZB acknowledge has a keyboard key. It's 'pg down'
    I haven't had any issues but on some locos / units you need to PRESS the key not just tap it. If you just quickly press it, it won't register. I get into practice of pass over magnet, then press and hold pg dn for a beat. That always works.

• Like Like x 1