Quick Ride End..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by severniae, Jan 14, 2023.

1. severniae

severniae New Member

Hi,
    Quick question, maybe an easy one..

I do a quick ride (in this case the historic west somerset railway) - Once I get to the destination, a box comes up automatically showing that I've finished and pressing the X or ok results in returning to the menu...

Is there any way to stay in the simulation and finish on my own terms? I wouldn't mind being able to take the train back along the route a few times without coming out the menu - is this possible?

Thanks.

2. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

Quick Drive scenarios are fairly basic, start at one location, then drive to a target location with optional (invisible) pass-through points. Hence, the direct answer is no.

However after creating a quick drive, you can go to the editor and change it. Either via Build, or the menu during running it.
    In general, I'd just get familiar with editing standard scenarios (search for tutorials on Youtube).
    Thing is, you can easily edit a simple quick drive with minimal to no AI (sometimes you have to, I just had one where I started at 9am and the target platform was occupied with a train leaving at 9pm), however there might be additional trains running around making it difficult. Hence I recommend the from-scratch approach. (Supplied) QD consists are also available in the editor.

Not to mention quick drives are automatically erased at various points.

3. severniae

severniae New Member

Thanks - can you suggest a good video / guide to follow?

What I essentially want to do is create a scenario that is on a given route - stopping at all or a selection of stations, and then once I reach the end, allow me to run the return route (and again, If so wished...)

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you find a Free Roam on the route you wish to run you can go and stop where you want

5. severniae

severniae New Member

There is one - but the add-on loco I bought isn't available to use...

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Yes it is - you can run anything almost anywhere - you just have to place it on the track.

7. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Informative video, thanks for sharing. I must get to grips with the scenario editor!

8. severniae

severniae New Member

Thanks, was able to get myself all set up, thanks!

9. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

First thing I do after getting a new route. Create a freeroam and test all the included stock, exploring the route.

10. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I do something similar, when I get new trains I go to the Test Trak and put everything down to have a quick run with it. I made a quick drive scenario for the route as well but it's broken and I haven't been bothered to fix it.

11. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

QD doesn't really make sense on TestTrak anyway Doom.

12. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

It does, but only for my specific needs. If I want to test a specific train it's easier to set up a quick drive than a free roam scenario which is exactly why I made it.