Disappointing Performance From 2 Ssds In Raid 0

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by StratPlayer62, Dec 4, 2018.

1. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

I recently bought 2 SSDs and installed them in Raid 0 for better performance for TS, I previously had it installed on 2 Standard SATA drives in Raid 0. TS is taking MUCH longer to load now, scenarios are taking 10-15 minutes from the time I click start from when they actually load. Interestingly when they finally do load everything runs great and I don't notice the stutters when assets load that I used to see frequently.

I ran a performance benchmark test and notice the results here,

The 2 SSDs in Raid O are the "Asmt106x- V0Fast 480GB"

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/12605941

I noticed that in 2 of the test the read speed of the 2 SSDs is very slow.

I do have the 2 new SSDs that I just installed running from a Raid/Sata card as I didn't have 2 free ports on my MB. Any ideas here? I thought about installing each hard drive by itself and then do a test to see if one tests slow compared to the other. Or I could possibly move something else to the card and run all the hard drive from the MB?

Thanks for any ideas you might have. If you want any more details on my system specs let me know.

I did order new SATA cables just in case that was a problem, they have not arrived yet.

2. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Well just thought I'd update this thread and let everyone know that the new SATA cables fixed my problem, I'm getting much better performance now, scenarios load within 5-20 seconds now.

• Helpful Helpful x 2