Tsw3 Lighting Issue

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Jamy, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

I have to say I'm getting extremely fed up now with the constant balls ups DTG keep making. I don't know what they have done with the lighting but the game is a complete mess now. Just done a run on SEHS at night in a snow shower and the light flashes from the 3rd rail bouncing into the cab are enough to give someone epilepsy. The light bouncing off the snow on the windscreen made the cab look more like a disco than a 395 cab.
    Ok I'll do a freight service in the 66 in said snow shower, only to find the 66 screen is impervious to snow and rain. Not a single drop on the windscreen
    Enough I thought, I'll try one of the new freight services on BML and the first instruction says "uncouple 12 wagons" but it's impossible to uncouple them from the loco,
    I have to ask did anyone even thought to give them a try before release?
    and if I have to log in to dovetail live one more time I'm gonna through the friggin PC through the window

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  2. grumypop51

grumypop51 Well-Known Member

One more happy customer!!

• Like Like x 6
  3. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

For all the bugs/issues Rivet have, the cab is actually set up properly on Island Line 2022, so 3rd rail sparks don't reflect off of the cab windshield.

4. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

I find Rivet to be a very nice team given their small size. They've done a lot of work on previously released routes despite their earlier claims that they were too small to dedicate so much time to revising work that's already gone out the door. Arosa (although not perfect) is a charming route compared to release. And even though many don't like it, I have enjoyed WCL for the most part (I have no real world knowledge of the route though). I feel bad for them being stuck behind the TSW3 wall going forward. Hopefully they can prove to be better than DTG and develop a good performing route despite the deficiencies of TSW3's core as currently presented by DTG's offerings. I wish them well as they seem to be a far more caring developer of their products.

• Like Like x 2
  5. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

I've found myself using the external camera, which can be raised above the snow storm, so I can see where I'm going.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, I've found that on some routes you can be in a literally blinding snow storm, but switch to an external camera and it's hardly snowing at all.

Oh, and on the subject of snow, I wish I could switch off that comical blowing snow effect when a train passes by. It wouldn't convince a 3 year old.

Also, before you defenestrate your PC, take a look at the eye- watering price of a replacement these days. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. StrikeEagle78

Agreed with that snow wash effect. How was this ever thought of as a good idea by DTG? In theory the idea is nice, but the execution is sorely amateur. Laughable that it was included as one of the "new fantastical features" of TSW3. Their boardroom discussions must be comical echo chambers where people are afraid to say "hey, this doesn't look good and shouldn't be added in its current state". Either we're witnessing a culture of fear or a company so much on the verge of insolvency that they need to push out quantity over quality just to stay marginally afloat. Either way it doesn't look good.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

Is it necessary to always open those nagging topics and not take the time to search the forum and post an answer in one of the other 10000 nagging topics?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Arpadiam

Arpadiam Active Member

i reported the broken windshield from the class 66 from SEHE when was released TSW3 and here we are.

• Like Like x 2
  10. StrikeEagle78

It's
    upload_2023-1-16_17-17-26.png

• Like Like x 1
  11. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

People have their own opinions of the game and its easier to just post things out of frustration than to actually go looking for something.