Rapid Transit: Safety First Achievement

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dreampage, Nov 29, 2018.

1. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

I've been playing Train Sim World ever since the Founders Edition but I have problems with some achievements. Namely, the "Safety First" achievement on the RT (Rapid Transit) route which says "acknowledge 500 Sifa alarms". Now, I read how it could be done in theory but no matter what I try, just smash the pedal underneath, the "B" button or even switch on the Sifa behind the engineer's seat, the achievement tracker doesn't count the alarms.

I also tried to create a new profile in-game as I read that may help but it didn't. Can anyone give me advice on how to unlock this achievement, or at least progress towards it? Thank you.

2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

The problem is that some achievements unfortunately are not working correctly and if remember right was this one of them.
    So unless DTG cares to fix it you probably won't be able to obtain it.

I would suggest to log a ticket with DTG Support again though
    https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/

3. dreampage

Thank you. I was afraid of this. Does the same apply to all "complete X number of passenger boarding" achievements as well? Because they don't seem to count either. If the developers haven't fixed them so far then I doubt they will do so in the future.

4. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

I got that achievement for rapid transit and North East corridor, they may be fine

5. dreampage

Do you, by any chance, remember if the achievement tracker counted them too? Because no matter how much I travel on any of the lines, these don't seem to count for me so I can't measure progress at all.

6. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

No it didn't count them in the % tracker. They just popped

• Like Like x 1
  7. dreampage

Thanks. I'll play and see if anything unlocks in time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I had a problem with this trophy on PS4 (yes, I am writing here, nearly a year after your original post....), but yesterday (September 2019), I applied a workaround, and it came through very quickly.

I don't know if you are still having this issue, but you could try this PS4 fix:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...-workaround-tested-and-fixes-proposals.18340/

It does require you to switch off the internet though, and I don't know if you can do this with XBox and TSW. Good luck...!

9. dreampage

The internet can be turned off of course (the console can be put into offline mode) so I may try that, thank you.

10. xD 2Bad4You

Just dont expect to get a notification to see if you have earned the achievements or not. They wont pop until you reconnect to the Internet. You can meet the requirements offline but wont get any notification that you did until you reconnect to Xbox Live

11. michael.j.meliambro

michael.j.meliambro Member

LOL "Sifa" is like the German equivalent of AWS, in that it's just as annoying!!

12. xD 2Bad4You

SiFa is more like the british DSD or the Alerter from the US.

• Like Like x 2
  13. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Right. AWS is more like Indusi, the predecessor of PZB.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bkulesza

Bkulesza Member

I was able to get it on PS4 on my normal profile. FIRST thing you must do is enable the sifa system. Then I simply spammed the square button to acknowledge it. Seems like it should have popped sooner, but it did eventually pop.

15. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

So you didn't have to actually wait for the SIFA to flash up each time, you just hit square 500 times and that was enough?

16. Bkulesza

Bkulesza Member

When I got it on 1/28/19, I just spammed the square button. Whether it has been patched or whatever, i don't know. But, yes, that is what I did. One very important thing I realized trying to get the trophy is that your first need to turn the sifa system on. It took an embarrassingly long time to realize that & frankly I haven't been back to Rapid Transit since.
    Edit:
    As a matter of fact, the trophy screenshot is actually a straight-up picture of me looking at the foot pedal with the prompt on the screen to push said button! In this case I was hitting X because, of course when you hover over the device you use X, not square.
    Edit II:
    ALSO, THE BUTTON ON PS4 WOULD BE CIRCLE, not square. Sorry, I need to go back to Parappa the Rappa.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1