Other Fix Request London Commuter Line Thornton Heath Station Platform 1 Traffic Light Is Smashed

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by hiromaru, Jan 18, 2023.

1. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

Since its launch, the departure signal for the train from Platform 1 at Thornton Heath to Selhurst has been buried in thick brick walls, undermining the immersion with each passing station.
    The manufacturer should modify the signal so that it is placed on the track side.
    (Remove brick wall or move to platform etc.)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  2. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that is true. Please free this poor exit signal from its prison in the brick wall.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Translation:
    "Since its launch, the departure signal for trains from Platform 1 to Selhurst Station has been buried in thick brick walls, detracting from the feeling of immersion every time they pass through the station.
    The manufacturer should correct the signal so that it is placed on the track side.
    (such as removing the brick wall or moving it to the platform)"

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

Oh! I was wondering why the HUD said Thornton Heath had a starting signal! makes sense now.

5. tygerways#2596

thH1exit.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

Sorry for not posting in English

7. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

consent and
    Thank you for uploading the photo of the spot

• Like Like x 1
  8. KatiaBLR

KatiaBLR Well-Known Member

i've been saying this for such a long time.. it's so frustrating and needs to be fixed, the signal is hidden behind the wall and it ruins the driving experience on those short distance london commuter routes, really hope this can be fixed as it's been way too long now

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. summersy

summersy Active Member

This definitely wants fixing in a patch and not forgetting about, surely it can't be too difficult! I suppose the hard part is waiting for a suitable build to slide it into. How long has London commuter been out for? Maybe if we make enough noise they'll hear us lol I'm actually not sure if any devs are aware of it?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

I think it's an important part to notice if an event is held. It's a pity every time the recently added freight trains pass through.

11. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

i enjoy playing
    I think the overall degree of perfection is high.
    But I disagree with the part about taking too long or neglecting to fix something when something goes wrong.
    Near Brighton, there is a bug that suddenly draws upside down when using the free camera view. I feel sick.

12. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

Are posts actually checked by staff?

13. tygerways#2596

Sometimes they are, I guess.
    I featured the spot in my latest video, for whatever it might be worth.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

I also entered the staff from the member's content and threw it, but there was no response.
    Please assist me if you have any idea

15. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

I have played the route alot and never noticed this. Lol

16. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

It's the basis of this game. If it is not in the subject, the signal will enter the bad thing. It's a train simulator

• Like Like x 1
  17. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

I contacted the staff from the member's content, but it was ignored

18. tygerways#2596

If you want my advice, don't get too worked up about it.
    From my experience with these forums here, you usually only get a reply from staff members if you phrase your cause in an impolite, tantrumistic and non-factual way, close to or beyond the border of being insulting. But who wants to do that.
    Nevertheless, sometimes the things mentioned eventually get fixed, I experienced it a couple of times.
    The game has a lot of great and beautiful aspects. Look at them and enjoy, if you can. And smile everytime you're passing the poor signal swallowed by the brick wall.. .)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

気楽にしましょう

20. elric#1386

elric#1386 Well-Known Member

London Commuter has to be my favourite addon. The playability is top notch. And from most of my posts, a appraisal like that from me is very rare! lol!
    You should try the On Foot mode and walk some of the routes. Lightning inside of tunnels during thunderstorms. Tree's swaying in high winds whilst bushes wobble like jelly. Signs floating in the air. Thunderstorms when it's snowing. But when in the cab travelling at speed you just don't notice these quirks! Especially with LC.
    I just wish that DTG used London Commuter as its Benchmark. It really is in my opinion the best addon that they have produced.
    I wish that they would just take their time when producing new routes, to make sure that they equal or better LC.

DTG more routes please that have the playability of excellent London Commuter

• Like Like x 4
  21. stevenwalker1985

Agree

• Like Like x 1
  22. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

It would be helpful if there was an attitude of shortening the time for test play and correction.
    On the contrary, it is a waste It would be nice if there was a simpler system to notify staff of problems.

23. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

Please tell me the flow if you want to convey the photo you posted here to the manufacturer

24. tygerways#2596

What do you mean, the flow?

25. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

Dear Tiger.
    We would like to pass on the photos you have taken to the manufacturers so that they can update us, but have they seen this thread?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
  26. tygerways#2596

Very well. I created a ticket and asked for confirmation that the bug has been registered. If I get a response, I will let you know.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

28. tygerways#2596

I totally share your view that the game "is a good work that can be searched all over the world."

And to be fair: The concept of running a serious railway simulation with a multitude of different signalling and safety systems, let alone all the different technologies for traction, brakes and whatever, in a beautiful, highly detailed sandbox style world with a full 24 hours/365 days cycle including dynamic weather and animated passengers is already quite a mouthful to chew.
    Dispersing the code over 60+ DLCs and and 7+ platforms, including consoles from different generations, and many localizations, with raildriver and possibly VR support, featuring a livery and scenario editor, can't make it easier to handle. So I absolutely appreciate that they have a huge chunk on their plate, that is getting bigger and bigger with every release.

And I also see that they are doomed to keep releasing new stuff to fund the project, even if it might add new issues and glitches to the problem.

On the other hand I share your frustration about how long it takes to fix things and about the lack of communication regarding bug reports and (attempted) fixes. I feel this could be handled in a more transparent and "mature" way. But they might have their reason for what they are doing and without any proper insight in how they are running their business it is futile to speculate.

So – without giving up my own personal views on how the budget could be invested better than on some of the things they are actually doing – I think we have to cut them some slack, enjoy the game, decide for ourselves how much money it is worth for us to spend on it – and wish them luck and good guidance. :)

(I hope the translator software can manage my clumsy English.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. elric#1386

elric#1386 Well-Known Member

I have to agree. The game and the concept is amazing! the physics that has to go into every loco, every coach, and every wagon is staggering!
    But DTG need to slow down, releasing new routes and loco's using a broken format and then putting in more complicated code is asking for trouble!
    I'm quite happy to get just one or two new releases a year, If this means that old content can get their long overdue fixes. One or two releases a year will allow them to take their time in producing the new content, without the need to rush it.
    This will mean less bugs, as they will have more time to test all the different parts of coding.
    I honestly give them fair dues in what they are doing in pushing the advancement in game simulation. But how they are doing it is not the correct way. Come next year you will probably be looking at £40 for a route. Is there anyone in this forum that will be willing to pay that much, knowing how flawed they are?
    DTG need to seriously start thinking about how they are operating. Fixed that and then they will start releasing guaranteed decent products, and the customers will no longer be playing Russian Roulette when making a purchase.
    Get the products standards up, then the more sales will be made.
    If I had joined this forum prior to purchasing TSW3, I would never have purchased it!
    How many others would have purchased it after reading the hundreds of complaints about the amount of bugs, bugs not getting fixed, and worst of all... The Lack of Aftersales Customer Care?
    A happy customer becomes a loyal customer, and will always return, eager to spend.

TSW3 is such a excellent game, It's just a shame that it is ruined by their business plan, and their the aftersales care. It really is so sad!

• Like Like x 3
  30. stevenwalker1985

100% agree with what your saying. Less releases per year will equal more quality routes and less bugs. They do shoot there selfs in the foot every time.
    New routes=more bugs. I know there is third party developers also, but same issues as dtg, bug filled routes, i know theres no such thing as a bug free route, but some bugs as clear as day when released. I mean to this day i notice bugs still on london commuter as i play it. Its laughable.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

It is unfortunate where everything is buggy in some way immediately after release. The question is how long after the release date until it is perfect. I hope it's not perceived as a bit of a bug, but I can't deny that it's a shame because I haven't had the experience of encountering a lot of these buggy titles.

32. tygerways#2596

I got a response today telling me that "the issue reported has now been logged for further investigation ..." with the following flag text:

"London Commuter – The exit signal (T61) at the southeast end of platform 1 at Thorton Heath is clipping through a nearby wall. Only the very edge of the sign is visible."

Thanks to the support team and let's hope for the best.

33. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

Dear Tiger.
    It's great to answer to the user. I appreciate you contacting me. Plus, we'll be taking your commuter route up a notch.

• Like Like x 1
  34. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

We have been given tickets and are keeping a close eye on them. We are also keeping an eye on how long it will take to get back to normal from the release.

35. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

I want it to be fixed as soon as possible, just because it's a popular line.
    You have sent it to support, so I hope it will be improved, but when will it be?

36. stevenwalker1985

How longs a piece of string

• Like Like x 1
  37. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

There are also degrees of bugs, but we do not want to disappoint you. It's a good line. More types and branch lines would be nice.

38. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

The staff who had you give the ticket gave me an answer
    However, the regret that is not improved

39. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

One or ・・ which is really revised

40. tygerways#2596

Drivers Eye Videos put a nice cab view out, covering a ride on Down Victoria Slow from Clapham Junction to Purley.
    It shows that the signal actually exists outside of the brick wall, in real life. :)
    Maybe this can also be used to fix some of the speed signs, especially for Joethefish 's great freight services..

• Like Like x 1
  41. jack#9468

jack#9468 Well-Known Member

This the reason I don't play those slow services often and prefer the non-stop between Clapham Junction and East Croydon when driving on a southbound service.

42. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

After seeing a video, there is it outside a brick definitely.
    Is time necessary for such a correction?

43. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

[2024/03/08]
    Environment is PC Steam
    ・London commuter route
    No improvements have been made since the release date.

(Photo of station traffic light)
    ・Thread participants submitted tickets, but there was no improvement.

・The number of services is large and there are noticeable absences (every time I pass by)

・TSW is a train sim. If there is no traffic light, I think it will not work.
    Lack of the minimum requirements for a sim is fatal
    ・There are too many bugs compared to famous sims
    - Bug fixes haven't caught up (too often left unattended)

44. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

This is a TSW2 route, don't expect any changes - it's just too old.

Always like to be proven wrong though ;)