Train Sim World 3 Southeastern: Chatham Main Line And High Speed One Network

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by darkwarrior#2896, Jan 14, 2023.

1. darkwarrior#2896

darkwarrior#2896 Well-Known Member

If dovetail games decided to make more expansions for Southeastern high speed what would I Add
    Metro services:
    Dartford - London Charing Cross, Cannon Street, Rochester - London Victoria & Medway valley line
    What else would you improve or add to this suggestion idea for Southeastern high speed

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Dartford - should be the whole North Kent Lines network including via Sidcup, Bexleyheath and Woolwich (with the Greenwich branch and Angerstein Wharf). Sounds like a lot but is within TSW line length tollerance at about 55 miles total track
    Add in Hither Green and Slade Green depots and make the main unit supplied a 376 and we're golden

IF you've got the above then you could do Hither Green to Hastings as new track (about 55miles, 20 stations) but then add the map tiles from the NKL above which already has Hither Green to CAN and CHX

IF you've got all that you could then make Victoria and Blackfriars to Orpington and Rochester and you'd have almost the whole northwest of Kent done

But it's a lot of IFs

• Like Like x 4
  3. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

I’m in love with the idea of DTG slowly building towards connecting BML, ECW & SEHS- so any work around here would be appreciated. If route connecting is not a possibility then I don’t think we need any more London stuff for now, though…

• Like Like x 2
  4. Asheix

Asheix Active Member

I would love to see St Pancras International to Dover Priory via Ashford International. I have gone down that way often and will do so again soon.

The fast service from St Pancras International takes an additional 26 minutes from Ashford International and stops only at the following.

Class 395

- Folkestone West
    - Folkestone Central
    - Dover Priory

There is a slower service that takes 30 minutes and it stops at the following. I am not entirely sure where this service comes from as I keep getting "bad request" error messages from National Rail Enquiries, but I suspect it's from London Charing Cross. This being the case, this will be the quintessential TSW (and TSC) partial route as Charing Cross is not in the game... yet.

Class 375

- Westernhanger
    - Sandling
    - Folkestone West
    - Folkestone Central
    - Dover Priory

Personally speaking and in addition to the aforementioned SEHS extension proposal, I would love to see the Chatham Mainline included in TSW as it is my most played in TSC. I have played the newer addition to that which goes down to Dover Priory via Faversham, but having played TSW a lot more, the graphics of TSC has been rather offputting and looks very outdated.

• Like Like x 5
  5. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

Extend to Dover & Ramsgate, I really do not like the partial services. There’s very few services on SEHS that are end to end.

• Like Like x 5
  6. ARuscoe

Then you'd need to extend to Faversham as many go "round the loop" even though they're posted as Ramsgate on the PIS (in game these are the StP to StP services)

• Like Like x 2
  7. ARuscoe

Most are CHX with some morning and evening peak from cannon street

• Like Like x 1
  8. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

There's not really much point linking SEHS with BML as no services run directly between them (it will only save the need to exit to the menu and back when changing trains at London Victoria).

• Like Like x 1
  9. This is what dtg should have done, instead of wasting time on the unfinished north kent line.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ARuscoe

I guess what they were trying to do is give the 465 and 66 more to do on the line than run from Gravesend to Rochester or Hoo Junction.
    I think the Ashford East Kent lines would be a whole DLC in and of itself rather than an extension, given the route mileage and number of stations

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah I guess so. To give the 66 more to do they could have done the Hundred of hoo line, built the aggregates so you could have loading and unloading duties.

For the 465 extend to either ramsgate or Dover or even Victoria. Or they could have finished to North Kent line, would have gi en both the 465 and 66 plenty to do. Dtg could have made the 376, 466 and 700 and sold them all as separate dlc easily.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ARuscoe

maybe... Not sure those suggestions would add much to the DLC that extending to Dartford didn't

NKL would be a separate DLC rather than extension for me as I'd want all three of the lines in game. No point having the Woolwich line only

13. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's just a aspiration than the user saying dtg will actually do it. The user just likes the idea of the 3 routes being joined together. But I doubt it would happen cuz then it becomes too large of a task. You would need multiple timetables depending on what routes you have and they're all too big routes.

• Like Like x 1
  14. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about Faversham to Dover and also HS1 to Dollands Moor Yard with Class 92 locomotive

• Like Like x 1
  15. ARuscoe

DTG have said several times that they're not looking at "daisy chaining" routes together because of timetabling implications.
    It's not a matter of moving from 1 in game route to another (ie laying the tiles etc) but also that the timetables would have to be made to allow for such things, so think of it this way

You have three chained DLC A, B & C
    As it stands anyone can own any of those DLC and each has it's own timetable, but what if someone owns A & B, you'd need a joined up timetable for that
    Same with A & C, and B & C, and A, B & C
    So for two routes joined together they would need to make three timetables, for three routes that's six...

So unless they make dynamic timetables a thing. which looks at DLC availability and changes timetables on the fly this is why they can't do merges at the moment

16. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It would be nice to have a "complete" route for the class 465 to run on, it is such a good model but with relatively little to do with it.

I also agree with a poster above the strange start and end points, on the classic section of the route, to me they are unfulfilling.

I suspect we won't see any extensions to this route but likely new south eastern routes in the future.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Mateiule

Mateiule Active Member

In addition, they should add Sheerness-on-Sea and the Isle of Grain branch.

• Like Like x 3
  18. ARuscoe

If they did it in modern times sheerness has nothing there, it's literally a shuttle service with four stops now. All the docks and factory sidings bar the ones just before Swale have been lifted
    The Grain branch is freight only but no different to Ardingly in that I guess, so not too bad. Not sure on the speed limits up there though

19. darkwarrior#2896

darkwarrior#2896 Well-Known Member

No I feel like expansions are better there's nothing wrong with expansions expecting TSW-4 for Southeastern high speed

20. mattstrains397

mattstrains397 New Member

I would suggest making use of ripple lane and extending the HS1 and adjacent railway to Dollands moor with passenger extensions to either Folkestone or dover it would make use of the 375s and 465s in ashford depot and grant the possibility of a Class 92 DLC

• Like Like x 1
  21. johnmcglade17

johnmcglade17 Active Member

I would like Southeastern high speed I would like More people want to route To go up to Ramsgate And also Dover prarie

• Like Like x 2
  22. johnmcglade17

johnmcglade17 Active Member

Also I would like them to add The To clash 700 They could it really empty at rainham Platform 0 empty We could have the class 700 from gravesend to Rainham