I Would Love To See Connections Within Germany

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by ChooChooKeith, Dec 10, 2018.

1. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

would love to see routes that take you Frankfurt to Munich or Hamburg. These would be huge routes but it would be worth seeing the scenery and just driving the ICE trains around the country. Maybe even add Frankfurt to London or something. I love the high speed trains so these routes would be great.

2. ChooChooKeith

Can anyone tell me why Signals go red in a session when no trains are on that specific track? I went to the workshop to down load a route midnight run from KOLN to Dusseldorf. Two signals show red and I cannot get TAB to work for giving permission. Just asking if anyone has had this issue thanks

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You would be better asking the Author of the Scenario you downloaded for a Fix so Everyone who has downloaded it benefits

Also if you try Tabbing past a signal and you Don't get "Permission Denied" then check the route in the 2D map to see if the points are set for you

4. ChooChooKeith

Sorry this is from a Workshop download that I have no idea if there is a fix and this means its actually on the main route that you download for DLC. How can this be fixed?? if the scenerio has is the cause then yes, but from this error that hapens it looks like the main route has this issue.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I was suggesting you ask the Author via the Workshop because maybe he has not had the problem
    Which I see you have done
    How many people have subscribed to it and how many have had the same problem?

Try creating your own scenario and see if the error replicates

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ChooChooKeith

Koln to Dusseldorf problem I have not explored further. I did not even pubish any scenerios for that but did for the Munich-Augsburg route which seems to run smoothly via 64bit.

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Koln - Dusseldorf is now quite old - published in March 2012 by Aerosoft with a load of problems.
    One of the routes I purchased when using TS2012
    The Northbound QD from Koln Hbf has you running Wrong Road for part of the way and I had to change the Southbound QD as the start marker was at the wrong end of Dusseldorf station.

As you like the German routes have you tried the REAL DRIVE Scenarios?
    Like QD but you don't get a clear run and have to watch the Signals but good fun driving
    Have a look at this thread as links to the others are mentioned -
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...asel-route-now-available-see-last-post.12565/

Peter

8. ChooChooKeith

Why is this bad? wow!!! I dont like the short routes where you complete everything and then whatelse is there. Why not have more extension routes like Frankfurt to Karlsruhe via Mannheim. I just want to drive the trains!!

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Nobody has said it's bad...

The thing with your point of "what else is there" is that no matter how long the route, what there is is driving a train. Whether it be 80 miles or a thousand you're doing essentially the same thing

10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

On Dannys workshop pages he has combined a couple of different German Routes
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=927395880
    You seem to like driving ICE trains - why not Clone some of the Scenarios you have to use different motive power.
    EG - I have a scenario on Munchen to Augsburg which started off as a freight run from Augsburg yard to Pasing Yard
    I have cloned the scenario a number of times to change the type of loco or type of train.
    It's ok driving an ICE at 250kmh but more interesting when you have to watch out for signals instead of letting the LZB do the work for you.
    And have you looked elsewhere for routes and scenarios - like on RailSim.de?

11. ChooChooKeith

Yes I have done that as well. Just like driving the train .. I like the 442 Talent 2 as well. yeah the Munich-Augsburg has the LZB but that is a saftey net for trains. My point on driving say Munich-Frankfurt if that was possible would be that you could stop in Augsburg and stop in Karlsruhe and Mannheim before stopping at Frankfurt. thats what passenger trains do. so making the route long distance would be neat with all of the scenery and the session would not just end so quickly like many of them do. I have looked at Danny's extended routes but I dont have Rosenheim in the one I was wanting to drive. Great work though from him!! I have cloned my scenerios as well but just changing the time of day and adding more AI.. I just dont have a huge library of stock but its fun to drive these. I am trying to just stay in one region right now because its expensive otherwise and bad enough this way.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  12. ChooChooKeith

Again thats what you do when driving trains. now I have done scenerios where you have to slow down and switch over to another track to extend traffic and things like that. but would love to see long routes. I understand creating these take time but would be great.

13. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Well I know that in the UK people are "sewing together" the entire route from London to Edinburgh (over 800 miles route length) so maybe someone will do this in Germany too, but it's not DTG doing it, but the community

14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member