I'm Not Impressed With Luzern Sursee

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Kim1087, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

1) the RABe 523 introduction doesn't cover how to recover from an emergency stop, and consider how easy it is to accidently put the train into emergency breaks, teaching players how to recover the train and get in moving again should be the basic of the basics.

2) there is nothing in the RABe 523 introduction that covers changing ends and nearly all the scenarios involve doing this multiple times,
    sometimes after changing ends and setting up the new cab the breaks won't release and I've no idea if I'm doing something wrong or if its a bug, the only this to do is to reload from a save point and hope it works next time without the game breaking.

3) The headlights don't work or they are to dim to see with I would expect this amount of illumination from a 1980's train not a modern day one.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well no wonder it is one of the worst rated TSW add-ons.

I used to be interested in it, as it looked unique, but all the issues with it and the fact that there is only one rolling stock included are all big turn offs.

• Like Like x 4
  3. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I think it’s a fairly nice route, it is a bit limited in content but it has a nice aesthetic and the 523 is a simple unit to run, it’s quite relaxing in that respect.

I do think Rivet could have done more with the DLC as a whole, it does feel like it was made quickly. With regards to the training, TSW falls flat as a whole, I don’t think this route is any worse than others for telling you what to do.

The lighting is pretty poor on this route, I really wish they hadn’t tinted the 523 cab as it amplifies the issue.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Well, it ain´t a route you´d buy on release. Sure it´s quite short, sure there´s very limited rolling stock. Still, I like it because it can be charming and relaxing. IMHO Rivet is better than their image. They always write some clever (and different) scenarios for their DLCs. Not only A to B runs. And when you explore on food you might find some nice details and touches.

The TSW3 version seems to struggle with some red light issues (which TSW2 doesn´t have).

And FWIW, a manual: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/luzern-sursee-manual.53206/

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

And, as always in TSW, don't give you nearly enough time to accomplish it: you are always starting the return leg very late and desperate to catch up.

Biggest issue though is that the safety systems implementation is crap, making it impossible to drive with them on (and driving with them off is, to me, a waste of time).

• Like Like x 3
  6. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

In order to rectify this, I´d suggest you drive the scenario "Slippery Season". I´m not gonna spoil it, just a hint: There´re several cab switches required. Soon after starting the scenario, you´ll have to switch cabs. The first time with step by step guidance. I think this should teach you the necessary sequence. And you´ll also find out why your brakes won´t release ... Watch the reds and the blues... ;)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Along with LIRR and Harlem unless it gets debugged, this is one of the few TSW routes that will probably never be allowed to darken my PC door.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I understand LIRR, but what is the problem with Harlem Line? I mean it's not perfect, but it's pretty good for TSW standards.

9. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Harlem has its red light issues and roadblocks due to how the dspatcher deals with pathing. Some say it's too short. Missing scenery and other scenery issues, etc. If the pathing issues are resolved then it would make it a better dlc. Dtg have begun looking at mitigating the issue

• Like Like x 2
  10. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

This...

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It's not that bad, but safety systems do not work very well and only one emu make gameplay a bit limited. I bought it with a nice discount, and then it was OK for me, but the yards you see on your way are crying for some freight activity.

12. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Living nearby, I like the route. At least I did in TSW2 when it worked. They released a patch on TSW3 and it introduced a red light bug on a lot of services into Luzern. Raised it with Rivet on their forum 3 - 4 months ago and they said they had recreated it and would update me with any news. Since then it has been silent. So I can’t recommend it to anyone.

• Like Like x 2
  13. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

There are some places where the traffic lights are off

14. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

The fps performance is pretty poor for me. Other routes like London Commuter runs much smoother.