I Keep Getting An Error When Trying To Launch Train Simulator

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by JoeTransit, Dec 2, 2018.

1. JoeTransit

JoeTransit Member

I already posted this in General Discussion, but I don't know if that was the appropriate thread to post this in.
    My issue is as follows:

Every time I click PLAY on the Steam client, it keeps giving me this response:

"Failed to start process for Train Simulator :
    'The operation was canceled by the user.' (0x4C7)
    See the Steam support site for more information"

After clicking the link, the client gives me a black screen with a green link at the top. After copying the link (https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpWithAppError/?appid=24010&error=46) into my browser, I have continuously followed steps 1 (Restart Computer), 2 (Clear Download Cache), 4 (Verify Local Files), 6 (Reinstall Steam), and 9 (Update System & Drivers). These have not helped the situation at all. Sometimes, I received a different error message saying I needed Steamworks Common Redistributables. I am very confused and I have not been able to play Train Simulator since my latest purchase of several add-ons on Monday, the 26th of November. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

upload_2018-12-2_15-37-17.png upload_2018-12-2_15-38-4.png upload_2018-12-2_15-38-40.png

After clicking the link for support, there is sometimes a green link (the link above) below the Store tab.
    upload_2018-12-2_15-41-39.png

Sometimes (after copying the link into Chrome), the page doesn't load and gives an error message. Other times, it displays this:
    upload_2018-12-2_15-43-26.png

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Go to your Steam folder and find \steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010 Folder.
    Run the DXSETUP.exe file - Steam and Railworks need this version even though you might have a later version.

If you are running TS2019 and it Crashes but won't restart open Task Manager and look in Processes to see if RailWorks.exe*32 is still running - if so click on End Process and it should be ok next time.

3. JoeTransit

JoeTransit Member

This folder is empty for some reason.

Attached Files:

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I think you need to raise a ticket with DTG - there should be files in there
    but you have installed Steam on to your Desktop for some reason?
    That might be why you are having problems

5. JoeTransit

JoeTransit Member

I have an ongoing ticket with DTG as we speak. The problem is that, I'm basically a complete dummy when it comes to placing things in File Explorer... I just assumed that I could place it in there because it would be easier to access. This isn't the case, apparently. So, what would I have to do to reinstall Steam and where would I place it?

Thanks,
    Joe

6. JoeTransit

JoeTransit Member

Would it help if I stated what the specific add-ons I purchased were?

Here they are:
    Screenshot (5).png

If it helps at all, they were all on sale during the Steam Autumn Sale.

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Most people let Steam install to their main "C" drive.
    If you have space then people place it on a different drive as the Antivirus does not bother as much.

8. JoeTransit

JoeTransit Member

I don't have enough space to move it on the hard drives.

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

If you have the means (separate hard disk space, USB keys or even dropbox), back up your Assets and content folders
    Go back into steam. Go to library and then Train Simulator. UNTICK all of your DLC. Verify
    This will uninstall all your steam DLC.

Try running the game. You may not have any DLC addons installed but you should still be able to access the academy and the other menu options.
    If it crashes again then you know it's the core game.
    You can uninstall this via steam, and there are instruction vids online about complete reinstalls

If it doesn't crash then add the DLC back in one or two at a time (verifying every time) which will either work, or give you an idea of which DLC is causing the crash

Good luck!