Upcoming Release Train Sim World 3: Laudable Lowlands

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Jan 19, 2023.

1. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

With the exciting new route, ScotRail Express: Edinburgh – Glasgow, arriving on Train Sim World 3 next Thursday, much of the excitement has been focused on the sleek-looking ScotRail BR Class 385 EMU! However, this striking commuter unit isn’t the only highlight you have to look forward to...

[​IMG]

Discover more in the Laudable Lowlands article! (or use our direct link)
    https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw3-laudable-lowlands

ScotRail Express: Edinburgh – Glasgow by Rivet Games arrives on Train Sim World 3 on January 26th for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Epic Games Store, and Steam!

Pre-order ScotRail Express: Edinburgh – Glasgow on Steam and get 10% discount!

• Like Like x 14
  2. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

It looks lovely, but the TMS screen in the video has "diggerent" for "different". [/nitpick]

• Like Like x 6
  3. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Nice to see some sort of other layers adding in, however a few questions, did the 314s ever run in the route in real life? And secondly, why isn’t there some sort of railtour?

• Like Like x 8
  4. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

Nice article

221x playable services on the class 385 is good. Someone help me understand the 143x ai services. Having them playable would be better.

I would have bought cathgart circle if the 314 had more services here. The 314 must not be prototypical.

I’m excited to add this to my collection

• Like Like x 3
  5. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

A simple answer, is Cumbernauld, Falkirk Grahamston, Stirling, Alloa or Dunblane on the map ;)

• Like Like x 2
  6. blackwolfTR

blackwolfTR New Member

Nice to see that there´s still ongoing work done to add more detail to the route - I´ve noticed that the Balmoral Hotel´s Clock Tower finally received an actuall clock, which was absent in the previous screenshots.

7. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Nice to see the clock got added onto Balmoral hotel, wondered that it may have been copyrighted at first.

the tram models are of a good high quality scenery. And a nice Scottish themed teaser trailer added in as-well

With regards to layers I was expecting to see the odd Class 66 freight or/and RailTours and am unsure to the extent of the 314 gameplay involved.. , good to hear of a good amount of Ai 385 involved though.

Edit: also the PIS at Glasgow seems to show terminating services there (Platform 7 on the Pic) which I ain’t sure would be prototypical. (I can’t imagine passengers need to know a train that’s pulled in their goes their)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  8. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

The ai could be off map destinations so why we can't play them. Not sure.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

If this route is set here and now, why on earth is there 314s that makes no sense

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

It could represent the 314 farewell tour which did use the route.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  11. rennekton#1349

According to a quick search on google, I don't see any mention of the 314 ever running on the route

12. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

The AI might help make the stations less empty which will be good as that has affected a few routes like Cathcart and Birmingham Cross City.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

This all sounds pretty good. Wish there was more freight services, but overall seems high quality.

Definitely gonna pick it up.

Btw i'm on team variety- glad for the chance to take the 314 around the route.

• Like Like x 6
  14. AtherianKing

I like the idea of the 314 possibly being farewell services, and if not maybe it’s depot. At the end of the day variety is what will help boost this route up even higher than it is already showing, and it’s only 4 not like 100 running up and down like an S Bahn Service.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

A whole three playable layers with other trains... that's... well... not the optimal way of enjoying the trains in our collection.

• Like Like x 3
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It doesn’t really matter if the 314 never ran services on the route, it has a couple of services on it in TSW, either railtours, stock movements or something else to add interest to what many people have been complaining is a single train route. There aren’t many extra services to drive at all, which is a bit of a shame, but everything that is there should be okay.

There seems to be a lot of extra things going on with the announcements, the tram and more explorable stations that will all make this route a lot more interesting than many others. By the sounds of it there will be a lot of great scenery items to look at too. We just need the quality to be high enough to make sure what could easily have been a very dull route is actually something rather exciting.

• Like Like x 11
  17. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Impressive and for the route is the Bo'ness and Kinneil Railway included here or not? If included then we can run steam railtours here towards Waverly station

18. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

CA448E86-BD16-4969-8E26-3A67F0323CC0.jpeg
    Let’s hope one day we’ll have a tramway route maybe from the Manchester Network.
    AD177279-05EC-49F2-80CC-8C7A652A4854.jpeg
    On this picture I don’t see any wires coming from a counterweight so I assume it’s a downgrade and the wire is coming from another wire directly over a switch. Anyway the route looks superb and I can’t wait to test the new features incorporated with the 385

• Like Like x 1
  19. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

A bigger window would've helped with that...

• Like Like x 5
  20. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Realistically if you went to travel on this route tomorrow, the only thing you’d see is 385’s, at least from what we have available in TSW.

Rivet have given us a route length which is on par with other routes, all kinds of additional features including TMS, announcements & neutral sections. All of which have been heavily requested in almost every single DLC. There are background AI trams, 300+ services including AI.

This route is coming from a third party, which are notorious in TSW for bringing out much smaller in scope DLC’s - and this one is bringing more with it than a lot of DTG DLC.

Im surprised there is more and more negativity coming up about this route, for me it’s actually refreshingly full of features & detail.

Good job Rivet, I look forward to the preview greatly.

• Like Like x 23
  21. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

No, it didn’t. The 314 is simply for ‘fun’ and is to represent a fictional Rail tour service.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. rennekton#1349

definitely more hyped for this route. Looking forward to the preview

• Like Like x 1
  23. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I've never been to Scotland. I have no clue what runs on the route and what not. A 314 in Scotrail livery just looks as realistic to me as a 385. And using my imagination, doing a railtour with any heritage train would look realistically enough too. And then I imagine pretty much any railroad sees some freight.

As long as you're not familiar with a route, anything is possible. But, since TSW lacks a Quick Drive mode and the Scenario Editor is cumbersome, my options are basically limited by the layers&substitution the devs build in the timetable mode.

And that makes me sad. The features look pretty amazing, and I might actually have enjoyed the route. It just lacks flexibility and variety. And, if no realistic rolling stock is available on this route, then perhaps this route in this particular era wasn't the best choice to add all these new shiny features to. And if being stuck with one train isn't bad enough, there's the 385 window thing...

I'm just sad. But I wish everyone the best. Glad to hear you're enjoying the route. I'm waiting for the next route and hope that one willl be more to my liking.

• Like Like x 3
  24. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree and speaking of the Tram gameplay Matt did use a Croydon tram on Black Forest Journeys Freiburg im Breisgau TSC route (SNCF CFF SNCB name Fribourg en Brisgau (Allemagne - Freiburg Breisgau)). Video is here

If made the Edinburgh tramway will play identically to the Train Sim Classic tram gameplay since Matt has played a tram in Train Sim Classic therefore he's the one doing the stream or Jaime too since he does the TSC Workshop streams

25. londonmidland

Just to clarify a few things:

- The Class 385 is the only train to travel from end to end on this route (obviously you get other trains on part and/or at the ends of it)
    - The Class 314 never ran on this line in public service. The electrification of this line is new so by the time it was complete, I believe the 314s were withdrawn from service,
    - The 314 is also a completely unacceptable train for this route in terms of its top speed and passenger comfort and facilities.

• Like Like x 8
  26. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I suspect the 314 is here in correlation to the pushback received when GCC had 0 other Scotrail units on it for such a major station.

Im not saying what they’ve done here is right, but I’m guessing that’s the angle they’ve gone for. Unfortunately this needed to happen the other way around, the 385 going to GCC.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

It's only 2 playable and 2 AI services for the 314, so presumably that's the railtour for this route- how is that controversial?

• Like Like x 4
  28. neddyie116

neddyie116 Active Member

Where's the livery on this 385?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  29. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

It was a WIP at the time this screenshot was taken

• Like Like x 3
  30. londonmidland

Hey Jasper_Rivet I don’t think this OLE support should be floating like that ;)

Think this was from Falkirk High.

CCC163D0-1683-4995-AA31-4F6182C23D23.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  31. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Here are the pic from the steam pc store
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Not bad, the additional layers sound fun. Nice they included them, but just a bit to not make it unrealistic.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

LMAO

34. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Those are separate, there are 78 services for the trams.

• Like Like x 2
  35. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

It still not on the steam pc store yet :|

36. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  37. MAX1319

upload_2023-1-19_15-44-27.png
    Continue from above

38. rennekton#1349

Google it and it should be there or use the link in the article if there is one

39. rennekton#1349

In terms of freight, does any freight run on this route in real life?

40. MAX1319

Not sure about the route it self but if they would had included grangemouth siding docks and sidings that’s nearby there would had been pleny If services. At least that’s what was included on the TSC Edinburgh to Glasgow route

41. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Disappointing that the OHLE isn't as detailed as BCC considering what they did it for the Arosa Line. I'm also a bit sceptical on the pantograph, the arms look fine but the head looks totally wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  42. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

The OHLE is basic from the old TSW routes with no counterweight, wire just come out from another wire

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

While we are nitpicking, the City Tram also wouldn't be in service without its lights or destination boards on either :)

• Like Like x 1
  44. londonmidland

The pantograph head looks fine to me?

upload_2023-1-19_21-32-59.png

They've somehow managed to use the complete wrong OLE portals too for the yards, the entire line and stations.

These are old style portals, which don't make sense as the line is using brand new electrification. They should be using the same type as seen on BCC, which is used around the Bromsgrove area of the line.

At least they've got the right style of STCs and TTCs/

Screenshot from game of the ones they should be using for E2G:
    upload_2023-1-19_21-41-31.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

I doubt this will make a big difference when playing and enjoying the game. Apart from the locals, most would never know.

46. olly.smail

olly.smail Well-Known Member

i’m not sure if it’s just me with this opinion, but i think the announcements sound awful and i’d rather have none than fake ones, i understand it may be a liscensing issue but they didn’t even try to replicate the ones heard in real life. i really hope these are able to be turned off as that chime will chip away at me

• Like Like x 2
  47. rennekton#1349

if youve watched the youtube videos, you have to press them for it to announce.

• Like Like x 1
  48. mortal1234

mortal1234 Well-Known Member

Noticed the same with the Trams in one of the pics.

49. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Latest screenshots look nice, which is promising. Regarding the route, while I do think Rivet have gone above and beyond with a lot features and attention to detail, which is great, but... while the timetable looks solid, I hate to sound negative, but could/should there have been more somehow?

Obviously, it was to be expected that the 385 would dominate the timetable, which is fair enough (and realistic), but I feel a one-loco route should have a bit more than what is offered. I'm not just talking about cool features like working elevators etc, but actual gameplay. Where are the railtours? Plenty of BR diesels and steam layers from a plethora of existing UK content to choose from), why only just the one playable RHTT service (surely there's got to be more?). Furthermore, away from the timetable, could any extra branches have been included on the route that could have generated any extra gameplay? - this is purely debate by the way, I'm very happy with the actual route's length.

Going forward, regarding future UK content, it's very difficult obviously for more timetable layers when there is a lack of suitable UK rolling stock in the first place for new routes, especially those in brand-new areas. But, I guess it comes down more to route choice at the concept stage (i.e. choosing a route with perhaps more locos that can be used, either created from new and a possible bonus of using any trains that already exist from previous TSW content as playable/AI services). Though, of course, it's not always as simple, and having an iconic route like Edinburgh-Glasgow in TSW is still brilliant nonetheless, and I still very much look forward to it. Meanwhile, one final wish I'd like to see for future UK content is the need for more loco DLCs, especially types which are more ubiquitous across the UK, thus having a greater chance of being in new routes - definitely more modern freight locos would be great too!

• Like Like x 10
  50. AtherianKing

just help with this debate

1. I do agree with you on the layers, i don’t think it’s going to be the emptiest worse case scenario but I do think their could have been some Railtour type business and possibly Class 66 Freight if that’s a thing for the line in reality

2. I get the extra gameplay and experience branch lines can and will give, but in this case I think it comes down to rivet being a smaller team and that this route is where it’s peaking in terms of mileage without sacrificing other important elements. The stuff like elevators and trams I think are important for this iconic landmark route, not only does it create more gameplay and more realistic scenery (train related) it feels like without stuff like that then they would be creating impressive but empty stations, and either missing or empty tram lines. I feel strongly if these features weren’t added it would reduce this route down closer to basic levels rather than a step up higher in providing more to do with what’s their.

3. I struggle with the idea of continued repetivness (not sure spelling on that word) being a good idea with having too many routes in one place, but due to high variety of trains the nations rails operate it’s likely for quite a while the more routes are in different places the less stock will be their. At the moment it would be more likely that if DTG focus on the south, theirs going to be quite a high range of trains already produced in TSW, therefore more layers chance down their to use as Ai or player services

Examples so far of layering (not including whether they come with Route or not)
    (375s onto SouthEastern) (377s on London Commuter) (465 also)

but that means popular modern WCML and ECML type routes or others would only really have what loco they bring and probably Class 66 (only really another loco due to how many 66s operate in different areas) and it just doesn’t feel right to have those types of routes which seem inevitable to carry waiting until a southern route or something provides more experience to them.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 2