Train Sim World 3 For Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tft#6439, Jan 19, 2023.

1. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

Now hear me out. This has probably been confirmed by DTG that this isn't happening but I REALLY want TSW 3 to one day go onto Nintendo Switch. It would have to have slightly worse graphics and other details removed to fit the Switch's Capacity where it'd likely be like fortnite where you have to delete almost everything for it to work. If TSW 3 and future TSW titles did come to Switch it would be a day one purchase for me. It would be fun to play while at the Train station waiting for a train to take a photo ot. Only problem is it might be distracting. Let me know what you think in the comments below.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Lovely idea. Still a whole new platform though. There's epic, steam, xbox one, xbox series x and s, ps4, ps5. 7 different platforms dtg need to develop for, 8 if you add this lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. lucasfor49

lucasfor49 Well-Known Member

VERY big issue - the switch has bad graphic rendering compared to other new gens. It's a miracle persona 5 came out goof and not a buggy hell. Tsw3 on switch would be so laggy it'd be like running tsw3 on 1950 soviet computers.

• Like Like x 3
  4. tft#6439

Yeah. I did mention the graphics and other things might have to dip for the worse.

5. seagull81006

seagull81006 Active Member

As much as i would love to see TSW 3 on switch, I feel as if that the switch would require alot of work to be ported, including graphics, performance (Especially on Brighton Mainline), storage. Not to mention porting the entire game onto a ARM CPU, which is different to the x86/x64 CPUs of PC and Consoles. Not to say that Dovetail could not port a train sim over, as TSC would be much easier for the switch to run (once the architecture issue is sorted)

• Like Like x 1
  6. lucasfor49

lucasfor49 Well-Known Member

Tbh tsc would work better - make a version of the workshop for switch and it'd work - getting rid of graphics just makes it a worse tsc.

• Like Like x 1
  7. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

They might need to include a fire extinguisher with it!

• Like Like x 4
  8. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

The Switch is a great little console, but it is a portable so is going to be limited by the need to be efficient with battery and cooling within it's small form factor.

I'm guessing cloud is the only way it will work. Much like Resident Evil, but as Stadia has shown, that may not be viable and cloud gaming does limit the portability. Also I'm not sure spinning up a tonne of Azure/AWS power is going to be financially viable and managing DLC on the cloud boxes will be fun.

Good Switch games understand it's strong points and limitations and optimise accordingly. You can usually tell who has just ported a game without doing any through into using the Switch (ie Fall Guys doesn't support the touch screen for menu navigation)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

While I do appreciate a good laugh at the expense of some of the lazier Switch ports out there (Like the original Switch version of Ark that ran at a lower resolution than the original 1989 Game Boy), and the general state of trying to port to hardware that's about 10% of the power of a modern console (Hey, it worked for the OG XBox port of Half Life 2) - in all seriousness, I am looking at testing out handheld TSW2 in a week's time when my new Ayaneo arrives.

I'll be doing some comparisons with the Series S version, which I anticipate, given how well that handheld runs stuff like Cyberpunk and Forza Horizon 5, will be the closest comparable console.

• Like Like x 1
  10. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Ditch the Switch and invest in a Steam deck. Bigger game library, including TSW3.
    NOTE: yes, the game is listed as Unsupported, but reports say the game is playable.

• Like Like x 3
  11. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

If you can make it a steam deck, it will be easier to complete routes with a lot of content.
    Another thing is if you can save in the cloud in case you need to replace your computer

12. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

When I imagine a Nintendo Switch version of TSW, I’m imagining it could potentially work like TSW Founder’s Edition for the Xbox One, which was a less intensive version of Great Western Express. Even just having one route for a Switch version would be quite neat.

• Like Like x 1
  13. darkwarrior#2896

darkwarrior#2896 Well-Known Member

I don't know about this current Nintendo switch but I could probably see it come out on the next generation Nintendo switch with better hardware

• Like Like x 1
  14. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

So far based on my experiments with CP77, a current top of the line £700 handheld running at a TDP of 33W to the Steam Deck's 15, seems just about capable of pulling up just short of the XBox Series S (More inconsistent framerates at comparable settings, due to a combination of limiting factors, so while you can set some options higher, the results even at lower settings are less consistent).
    However, the battery life of 90 minutes at those settings isn't going to get you to the end of some longer services if you used it for TSW3.

I could definitely see the 32GB version of this handheld breeze through the out of memory errors though. Will try installing it once I iron out a few more bugs.

15. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

Lets just feed this :) I went thru exe files from TSW 2 (version 4.23) then TSW 2 version 4.26 and then TSW 3. Guess what i found :) So in TSW 2 4.23 and TSW 2 4.26 there was nothing about SWITCH in the exe file but in TSW 3 there is PlatformType where you can see even SWITCH, so why did they add that there if they are not going to release SWITCH version ? :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. tft#6439

Wow. DTG Just release it on Switch. We know you want to. ;)

17. rodev#3870

rodev#3870 New Member

I do not know if Swich could be optimized enough to get the full experience out of Tsw3?

• Like Like x 1
  18. tft#6439

Probably not but it could handle at least some of it.

19. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Edit: Never mind, comprehension fail

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  20. tft#6439

Here's a little cover I made for TSW 3 on switch. Also I'm aware the Switch Logo covers the tsw logo.
    Screenshot_20230126-134954_Gallery.jpg