Scenario Help Corner (playing Not Creating)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by inversnecky, Jan 20, 2023.

1. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

I've a few issues (bugs?) with some recent scenarios, so thought a single thread would be best than multiple separate ones with simple questions.

First up: AP Class 66 Scenario on the North London and Goblin Lines (APFSA: 4E24 10:29 Thamesport - Leeds), where you have to stop at a signal. About 0.7 miles from the end, you turn off, approaching a single yellow. There's no AWS alert, and every time I pass over the TPWS ramp, the emergency brakes are applied, and I can't restart either.

I am presuming there is a bug? Is the TPWS assuming an AWS should have been cancelled (totally separate as far as I know, so makes no sense). What's up with this ramp? Has anyone got through to the signal at the end of the rainbow that just can't seem to be reached?

Any help appreciated as always!

20230120221020_1.jpg

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I have also played the same scenario with the same result.
    A pain when you have carefully made your way over the NLL only to be stumped at the last post.

I don't think that signal has an AWS magnet to cancel
    One possibility might be to remove the TPWS grid as it might be that causing the problem

• Like Like x 1
  3. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Got call regarding removing the TPWS grid iirc this has been done in other scenarios in the past and fixed it.

4. inversnecky

How can it be removed? Clone the route, then?

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Edit the route, find the TPWS Grid and delete it.

6. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Where exactly is this TPWS grid and which version of Goblin lines?

7. inversnecky

8. inversnecky

Have tried that, Peter?

9. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Sorry, I confused myself, I was thinking there was two North London Lines (which there are) but somehow got muddled with there being two Goblin lines (which there aren't) lol.

Yeah if you could give me the signal number and the station you're heading into I'll have a look at the grid.

• Like Like x 1
  10. inversnecky

Thought it might be confusion over the NL bit.

The signal is CR1112 and I’ll get back to you with the location.

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Signal is the East side of Camden Road where the line branches off to go to St Pancras/HS!/ECML

12. inversnecky

Here on the map for easy location:

goblin.png

13. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Just as I suspected. there's a TPWS grid placed but hidden under the track so it's confusing the one you can see, (also the one for the signal facing the opposite way is below ground too)

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

I've provided an updated Tracks.bin for you to try if you wish, download and follow the file structure in my zip and remove your existing Tracks.bin to a safe location file first before putting mine in, that way if there's something not working you can swap them back.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. inversnecky

Thanks for that, Reef, I’ll give it a go.

15. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

inversnecky

Firstly, I'm an idiot
    Secondly, I should know better than to edit a route and upload without testing it first and roughly 10 minutes before I was due in work too.
    Thirdly, I have deleted the zip I posted above because a) the fix didn't save (I thought it was taking a little long to do so tbh) and b) I'd created the wrong file structure for it anyway I'd created 00000069-d000-0000-0000-000000002016 (Danny's merge I believe?) instead of 00000069-0000-0000-0000-000000002016

So hopefully (idiocy level depending) I've created the proper fix now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  16. inversnecky

A very big thank you due to Reef for this fix, which works a treat. (Apologies for the delay in getting back on on this, had a very hectic last week.)

I have now reached the promised land, that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow - or at least that fabled signal K263!

20230202121854_1.jpg

done.png

• Like Like x 4
  17. inversnecky

At least it wasn't a land mine!

18. inversnecky

The case of the missing 66....

HHA Scenarios.png

Mystified about a missing Class 66 in the above scenarios. I have the HHA wagons, and have just double checked all the requirements in the Scenario requirements given below - all installed. But when I run the scenarios, there's no Class 66, just the wagons. What gives?

HHA.png

19. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The scenario require the 3 DTG Class 66s and the AP Class 66 Enhancement pack
    You might have the Freightliner 66 in the picture but do you have the Enhancement pack?
    The name of the loco in the game is different for the default and AP EP versions

20. inversnecky

Yes, I have all the 66s, and the AP EP, have reinstalled branding patch as well. The icon appears fine in the scenario menu too. I checked that I have each and every requirement, and all fine. That’s why it’s all so strange.

21. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

If I had this scenario, I'd just take a look at the ScenarioProperties.xml's <FrontEndDriverList> and search for "1</Player". There's the full path to the engine's bin. You can then check if you got it.

To check for all other non-player stock, unSerz scenario.bin and do a search for "class66" and "class 66". This will reveal the problem.

Probably some GeoPcDx's missing?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2023
  22. inversnecky

I had a look at the xml file (attached), but can't locate anything with "1</Player". Is it missing, or is it the wrong search string?

Attached Files:

23. inversnecky

I have a number of scenarios that came with AP wagons. Just tested a few tonight: scenarios with other locos, eg 37s, 50, all have the loco appear correctly, it’s just the wagon ones with the 66 that have the loco missing.

24. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Ah I had this problem as well what I done was downloaded the old class 66 sound pack then installed the current 66 pack on top and that appears to have fixed the issue

25. inversnecky

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don’t have that sound pack and it’s been retired of course, so I’ll just do a swap in TS Tools. I’ll get in touch with AP and see if they can maybe update these wagon packs - there’s a fair few using the 66.

26. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

? There it is - the player loco requires the Freighliner AP Class 66 which is in the RSC\Class66Pack02 folder. Check if the GeoPcDx for this has been copied correctly. If it's not then you see the loco image (provided by AP) in the menu but it won't appear ingame.

2.png

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2023
  27. inversnecky

Thanks Torf. I did search for that string but got zero returns. Did check the ‘spelling’. Strange.

What’s the best program to open XML files in?

28. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Notepad++ Hands down.. >> https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Btw you need to either un-serz .bin files edit the created .xml then re-serz that or open them edit and save them through TSTools, editing .xmls wont change anything because the game will read the .bin files not the .xml's this doesn't really apply to what you're doing here (just searching for references) but it's worth noting all the same.

My preferred method of editing or searching through .bin files is to open them with TSTools, Ctrl + A so that it copies the whole text then paste (Ctrl + V) that into Notepad++, here is where I then do my searching, comparing, and general editing, then when done I Ctrl + A the Notepad++ text and Ctrl + V it back into TSTools, then I save the file through TSTools (which also automatically preserves the original as a backup file).

The other methods are to use the Serz.exe in the RailWorks folder (you can literally just left click and drag the .bin onto the serz.exe and it will create a decrypted .xml version of it next to where the .bin was originally) open that .xml with Notepad++ and then save it, then you just drag the .xml on to the serz.exe and it will convert it back into a .bin (best to have moved the original .bin to a safe location first though to keep as an original backup)

Final option is to use SerzMaster.exe and with that you just double click the .exe and follow the obvious prompts to locate your file and whether you are changing it from a .bin to .xml or vice versa.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2023
  29. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I opened that ScenaroProperties.xml file with Notepad
    And I noticed the entry under the player loco shows <PlayerDriver d:type="bool">1</PlayerDriver>

inversnecky
    try editing any Free Roam Scenario and place the AP version of the loco on the track
    If that does not work the AP Pack might need reinstalling

30. ajpardy

ajpardy Member

visual studio code hands down.

31. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Using Notepad++ and 7zip file manager with two views offering seamless access to .ap contents. Usually I open the .ap in the left view and copy the needed file to the right view which is set to a temporary folder. There I make my modifications.

Just fixed the wipers on the cold and dark Class370 which did not remove raindrops
    33.png

If you're editing a lot of stuff the quickest way to do it is to assign "Serz.exe" as default application for file types ".bin" and ".xml". This way a simple double click converts these files. :) (Note: extracted bins from .ap archives are mostly write-protected - which serz.exe cannot overwrite. So before converting a modified .xml back to .bin make sure to delete the original .bin. Always work in temporary folders! When done, place the modded file in the cloned folder structure outside the .ap)

VisualStudioCode may be fine - but I prefer very lean and fast tools.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2023