Utilizing Rw Enhancer 2

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by malikrthr, Jan 24, 2023.

1. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. For those using RW Enhancer 2, is it common for the TS Content Cooker to appear each time RW Enhancer 2 is launched. I have it set to autocooking but even though that box is ticked, it always appears when RW Enhancer 2 is launched. I mainly brought this program to enhance the look of Train Simulator and to use a preset by Chqnes.

Also, it appears that RW Enhancer 2 has to be launched first, but then when clicking the scenario I want to run, I have to open Train Simulator Classic seperately and search for the same scenario that I clicked on in RW Enhancer 2, in order for the features of this program to be used. Out of curiosity, is there a way to avoid having to have content cook each time the program is opened, and would it be possible to launch Train Simulator Classic with the enhanced visuals instead of always opening RW Enhancer 2 separately. I am hoping this makes sense. As it is an early access program, what are people's take on RW Enhancer 2 and utilizing it overall?

upload_2023-1-23_20-52-53.png

upload_2023-1-23_20-58-57.png

2. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

It looks like I may have figured it out. Once it's cooked, I can proceed to use TSC normally without RW Enhancer being launched if I just want the graphics preset

3. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

RWE2 edits the shaders, once this is done and cooked you never need open RWE2 again if you didn't want the HUD or sound overlay features, you will have the enhanced graphics until you reset them in the RWE2 settings.

If you do want to use all the other features then yes you'll need to do the cooking process but only on first launch of RWE2.

So your first play of the day would require you to launch, cook, set up scenario in RWE2 and then in-game, and every run after that would just require you to set up scenario in RWE2 and in-game, providing you don't exit RWE2 because if you do close RWE2 then you will need to cook again.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023