Simrail 2021 Vs Tsw2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by arapajoe3, Oct 13, 2020.

1. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

DTG dont have skill and power to do that... They tried with TS 2013 and it end up like a disaster ... announced multiplayer end up like a Relay mode which they remove with next release :) And with TSW they talked about multiplayer like they build the game like that from the beginning... to bad that even after 5 years we dont see that. So if you are thinking about multiplayer then just stick with teams who knows what are they doing... DTG is not one of them and i really believed that they will release that MP in september 2017, that was main reason for me to buy TSW and then TSW 2 because again they said that they will one day release MP for TSW 2. At least with TSW 3 they dont promise it.

• Like Like x 3
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Novelty has worn off a bit for me. The server reliability, which they seem to be struggling with. If you do get on, will it be full of idiots. Driving the same 20km stretch before getting stopped at a red signal. Set aside to wait for the SP test to unlock in a couple of days.

3. Oystein

Oystein Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  4. Rafael320

Rafael320 Member

5. OldVern

Well the SP test should start later today, looking forward to that!

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Rafael320

Rafael320 Member

Yeah, hyped here too :)
    The test should start this afternoon ?

7. OldVern

Think so. Sadly they nerfed MP a bit yesterday with the over zealous inactivity check, another item if DTG are ever considering multiplayer they need to think very carefully as to how to implement it.

8. Rafael320

Rafael320 Member

yep, had a bit of taste of this "inactivity" when I had red light :D

9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Just an initial proposition, for a purpose, implemented like that. Besides, every second of late responses is stacked, and then people complain, and we all have to wait 30 minutes for the signal to change :) This will be 'calibrated' for sure \o/

10. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

I'm actually v impressed that the devs are so quick in issuing updates/new features, bodes very well for the future of this sim.
    Looking forward to the full release (hopefully editor as well).

• Like Like x 3
  11. Oystein

Oystein Well-Known Member

New features or improvements of existing ones in each update, I think we had 4 or 5 updates already in this short time. I'm sure this inactivity warning will be improved in the next update. If they follow their own roadmap the next update will come today together with single player.

I'm enjoying multiplayer so much now that I don't see any reasons for having single player :) Before the playtest started I didn't want to have multiplayer at all.. 21 hours played so far in the last two weeks, I've played TSW3 for 9 hours since its release in September.

• Like Like x 3
  12. OldVern

Well assuming you can save the run in progress, not many of us have the 3 or more hours it would take to drive the route from end to end in one go.

13. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

You cant save a multiplayer session (as you cant pause other players until you come back). Most times you will take control of a service that is already running and probably leave it before it reaches the end of the line.

14. OldVern

I was talking about save in SP, not MP where it's fairly obvious you can't pause or save... :)

Anyhow appears SP may have unlocked, slightly later than originally planned but all good things are worth the wait.

• Like Like x 1
  15. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Just having a play now, I think they might just be the tutorials from the prologue but not sure. Anyway, just playing the freight one, runs v nicely, much smoother than the prologue so a lot of optimisation must've been done after that. Even spotted some wildlife (deer) which is a great touch, (TSW needs more of this, although looks like we'll be getting moths in the Rivet route..).

• Like Like x 2
  16. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I am afraid this is only about giving something promised on that day. I hope so :)

17. OldVern

The only moths in the Rivet route will be from my wallet, as in it not opening, unless they've raised their game about 300%...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

I've recently been accepted in the beta and yesterday I managed to perform the first trips on multiplayer. It's very nice and despite being in beta, it has some smart features that TSW doesn't have. It has potential for sure. Looking forward to see how it will evolve in the future.

19. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Yup, they added 3 SP tutorials. Not 100% sure but I think 2 of them are from the SimRail Prologue.

20. OldVern

I believe that is so re the tutorials.

Dunno, but I'm just getting a slightly uneasy vibe about the whole thing now. They seem to be fixing and patching things on the fly, in what should essentially have been the pre-Gold version. I still can't get an answer whether the SP game will allow saving and loading in the full version. I even posted it as a Suggestion, which the mods who are the devs approved, but so far not deigned to answer.

I know TSW save isn't perfect and can still be a problem as I recently encountered on BBO, but at least it's there and works - most of the time.

Could just be paranoia on my part and I still want to see this succeed.

21. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

Is that save feature big deal for you ? I never used it in TSW and in any other Train Simulator games. If you dont have time, choose shorter scenario, once you have more free times then choose longer scenarios... i dont see big problems there :) And this is still testing version where community can comment and ask for some features. Its not presenting final stage of the game... this can be updated demo while they can have another version for release (with the same code, full map, and other features).

• Like Like x 3
  22. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's called life and unpredictability you know. Even if you had enough time to do a longer service, sometimes you gotta go somewhere or run some errands or something else, meaning you would have to abandon what you are doing and restart from the very beginning if you didn't have a save game. If the route takes 4 hours, you likely won't have time to sit for 4 hours straight unless you live all alone and have nothing else to do. Maybe the route itself is boring and you need to save and leave the game a while. If there was no save game, you would have to restart from square 1.

23. OldVern

You beat me to it with the response. In fact I was going to be even more assertive and point out some of us do have life and family away from playing computer games, but still doesn't mean I don't want to see the whole route over time driving the same service.

24. Pit

Pit Member

25. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

You are a bit late dude

• Like Like x 2
  26. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I don't think he was. There was already a demo released but this appears to be the full paid game.

27. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Even that was almost two weeks ago. And it's not a full game considering they decided on Early Access.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Buying the Early Access version will give access to the final version of the game. Therefore you are buying the full version. It is not a demo.

• Like Like x 2