Sehs: "last Stop" Scenario Problems

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by patrickjtierney, Sep 3, 2022.

1. patrickjtierney

patrickjtierney New Member

So this scenario is level 1 (easiest) and yet the very end of it seems very easy to get wrong.

Everything is fine until you arrive at Gillingham Station. At this point you need to park the train at Gillingham Depot. But that means advancing past a red light with no instructions how to contact the signaler.

Then you have to (again without much instruction) correct the switches along a 600 yard path to get to your final destination. But you can't seem to do that using the map (the switches don't respond to clicks). So you have to do it by foot after ascertaining which switch (400 yds from the station) needs to be changed. But it's pitch dark and the headlamp is very dim. And on foot you can't access the map, so it's almost impossible to see if you're at the correct switch.

Finally, the place to stop the train has a trigger about a yard from the buffers which won't register until you pass it.

Yes, it's doable, but it's hardly a level 1 task, and it's not much fun. (Suggestion: Rewrite the instructions at Gillingham Station, add a step where you stop the train just before the switch that needs changing, and move the final marker a few yards away from the buffers,)

(edit - I'm assuming this is a new scenario for tsw3 here. I didn't have this route in tsw2 so I don't know.)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
  2. darylb88

darylb88 Member

Yeah I got caught out with the switching and had to reverse back to end up on the correct track haha.

3. Nuno duarte

Nuno duarte New Member

I've completed mission, all things are checked and I get out of train but then nothing happens. Normally it ends scenario and goes to score. It's stuck... Any help?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
  4. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

just try again
    i had that bug happen 1 time too
    you could try saving before the station
    and reload that if failing
    once at the station set the correct path first before moving
    do not do the task before the text is gone
    sometimes if you are doing things too fast the game can get stuck
    step out of the cab after the text that say so is gone

5. Nuno duarte

Nuno duarte New Member

It's done! The only thing different I did was not used a saved game. I did it from start to end and it worked.

6. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

Yeah that’s fairly typical that objective markers bug out from saving.

7. stucbury68

stucbury68 New Member

Really struggling with this one. So dark when you hop out the cab to see what the points are doing. I have tried reversing back a few times but not found the correct point settings yet. Any hints gratefully received (or is that cheating!) as don't want to start the whole scenario for a third time.

8. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

If you walk to the points, turn on your headlamp to see what you're doing. It's the same button as the train headlights. On XBox, it's right on the D-Pad.
    Otherwise, set the points from the map. No need for lights.