PlayStation How Is This Game So Bugged? ( Rant ) Mods Please Lock

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Railfan1985, Jan 15, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Oh absolutely, but how many posts are we going to see with people saying "I can't download it on my PS5"...?

2. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

It's probably Rivet who decided to push back this release. If it were up to DTG they'd have just pushed out the broken content in traditional DTG fashion. It would give more content for the roadmap "broken TMS? Oh... Yes.. Umm we'll fix that at some point... But it's very hard, so we don't know when".

• Like Like x 2
  3. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

You know that for certain do you or is it just another anti DTG Jibe you are making?

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  4. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Bold move to only delay it on PS to be fair, I wonder how many PS players who were considering buying it will now see the bugs that do turn out to be there in the PC and XBox releases, and decide to hold off on buying it, when they might have been day one purchases.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ARuscoe

I doubt it's one or the other. DTG have pushed a couple of releases back to avoid such calamities over the last few years so it makes sense to do it now

• Like Like x 1
  6. antony.henley

Because it does not affect the Xbox or PC, only the Playstation so why would they need to do delay the platforms it works fine on?

Henits

7. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Likely about the same amount of people who will never purchase another TSW DLC ever, ever again..................oh wait!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Well yes, but given the general response to any TSW release, you know there will be plenty for people to complain about in the XBox and PC versions (And no doubt the PS version a week later), so unless like me this is a guaranteed day one purchase for you because it's one of your local routes and you just had to pay zero customs fees on something you had put away £200 for just in case, so have the money spare - then some folks on PS might be put off in that window.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ARuscoe

I'm sure that's likely to be the case.

• Like Like x 1
  10. theorganist

Well that is just as likely to happen to every user watching the stream whatever platform surely? It is likely a route I will purchase tomorrow, but I might see something I don't like on tonights stream so it isn't guaranteed. There might be some who have little intention of purchasing it but tonights stream will sway them, I see that happen a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Unfortunately on these forums folk will always be anti DTG or anti rivet, people are fickle and will find the smallest thing to complain about, ie dostos and small windows, it’s always the same names over and over again as if they haven’t got anything better to do with their life’s, it’s good that Rivet/ DTG are holding the release as then they can fix the issue to stop the same old bunch of people getting an hernia from there constant base moaning

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  13. antony.henley

Oh definitely people will moan no matter what and will be put off. to be honest with this current PS5 Sony Play has No limits crap and everything thats going on with that I have almost pulled the plug on using Sony. I bought an Xbox Series S back in 2021 (i'm a playstation guy) for Flight Sim. I then bought TSW 2 (at the time) for the series S which I got a few months before finally beign able to get a PS5 towards the end of 2021. Last year I solde the Series Sand bought the Series X and wow what an amazing piece of kit (it also sits better on my desk as well). I noticed a marked improvement on some routes in TSW on the Series X than what they are on the PS5. Much to the surprise of me I enjoy using TSW 3 on both consoles. Although with the PS5 DLC flim flam going on I am getting routes now for the time being on the Xbox (mostly on sale) and enjoying them. I currently have more routes installed on TSW 3 on the Series X than I do on the PS5 lol.
    Hopefully we will have a grood release and virtually bug free release of Glasgow - Edinburgh. From what I have seen and heard so far. Its good.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  14. ARuscoe

Well the norm should have been it was tested on a PS weeks ago rather than two days before release, but I know what you mean

15. theorganist

Maybe it was and something has broken it in the mean time.

16. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Many PS players (outside of the UK) will probably only access it later anyway, because the well-known 64GB limit has not yet been finally patched and they don't want to continue playing addon tetris. I personally have always supported Rivet and bought almost all previous DLCs immediately after the release. They may be a small development team, but they have also a great love for detail. ;)

Therefore you shouldn't miss out on the live stream today, because there's always a lot of insider and background information!

• Like Like x 1
  17. ARuscoe

That just says that dev is still ongoing against a self imposed release date. Either way not the best planning

I mean I'm still looking forward to seeing it tonight anyway...

18. StrikeEagle78

Aye, Jasper and Rivet Games are great.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I know DTG and Rivet bear ultimate responsibility for their products, but wtf is going on with Sony lately??? Not just regarding TSW, but generally?

Neverending stock shortages

PS4/PS5 version confusions/save compatibility issues- i hear about this regarding many games, not just TSW

Arbitrary 64GB DLC limit (to be fair maybe this isn't a concern for most games)

The whole PSPlus (or whatever it's called now) confusion

Really not trying to turn this into a console war, but wow, that's kind of a lot.

20. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Plus the vertical issue literally breaking the consoles

21. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I'm basically in the same boat. I was a PS4 and PS5 dedicated gamer. Then last September I got a Series S with Gamepass becasue of the issues stated and tried TSW3 on it, then a month after I upgraded to the Series X and never looked back. I haven't used my PS5 since the Series X and have almost every route installed.

The only thing is I miss the Dual Shock 5 controller, the Xbox controller is so small my hands cramp up using it, and it is very clicky and loud using it at night. The DS5 controller is basically silent.

22. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

23. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I haven't played for months now, started losing interest a while ago. Like you I only get UK stuff and I admit I haven't seen as many problems as some has as I'm lucky enough to have a decent PC but looking at the consoles with their problems I do feel for them. My problem is the false promises from DTG. Failure to address the problems in TSW2 as was promises was the final straw for me.

We were promised a better working Raildriver ages ago and still it is in beta despite Matt saying how easy it was to alter the driver. Then there was the head tracking which suffers the same fate. I don't know if it is Matt or DTG but then they seem to like the next 'shiny' new thing and then a few weeks later move on to something else.

Die on? I've just moved onto something else. If I don't get the fun out of a game i'll just move onto something else the only thing with TSW2 is it is so bloody expensive. Do I thing TSW is a good game? Yes, it can be a lot of fun. Do I regret buying TSW2? Yes, I could of saved hundreds of £'s. I think TSW2 needs a career mode but I doubt that would not happen anytime soon but I can move onto something else and wait for TSW4 or 5, no problem.

• Like Like x 1
  24. StrikeEagle78

Breaking the cycle of a hobby you've enjoyed for some time is difficult. Even I at this moment am wrestling with the idea of dropping a hundred plus dollars on current on sale content. This would effectively complete my collection of wants for TSW2, however there's the other part of my conscience that asks whether I should continue supporting at all and just be content with what I have already put into it. Your post is putting the latter into better perspective. Like I would be better off supporting other hobbies or just saving my money. At least DTG made the decision about newer content easy for me to avoid (my wallet thanks them deeply).

25. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Locking, as per OP's request (apologies to those who are discussing).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.