Experimental North American Passenger Equipment (rtg, Uac, Lrc And Rohr)

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by petroclemens, Jan 23, 2023.

1. petroclemens

petroclemens New Member

I wonder if there is support to see some more exotic and experiment North American passenger equipment in Train Simulator Classic such as the RTG and Rohr Turboliners, UAC Turbo Train, and Bombardier LRC?

RTG Turboliner

[​IMG]

The RTG Turboliner is actually an Americanized, French-built T 2000 from ANF and so there's opportunity for an SNCF variant.

UAC Turbo Train
    [​IMG]

The UAC Turbo Train ran in a variety of different liveries including the 'House' livery, Penn Central, Amtrak, VIA, and CN.

Bombardier LRC
    [​IMG]

The LRC has three prototypical liveries to speak of—the 'House' livery, VIA, and Amtrak.

Rohr Turboliner
    [​IMG]

Rohr Turboliners came in three different liveries, carrying each in a different stage of its life—Phase III as delivered, an experimental livery after initial refurbishment in the 1990s, and a subsequent refurbishment in the 2000s with an Acela-derived livery.

2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

You forgot the Aerotrains. It was not super successful due to suspension issues, among other problems.

3. petroclemens

petroclemens New Member

The Aerotrain already exists for Train Simulator Classic.

It can be found here: Train Simulator: Aerotrain Streamlined Train Add-On on Steam (steampowered.com).

Edit: Adding here that I have discovered that French payware vendor simexpress.fr is currently working on an RTG turbo train here. While there likely won't be an American variant, I wouldn't mind making an Amtrak repaint for the model. I look forward to seeing it's progress.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023