Brighter Headlights

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mikemartin#2343, Jan 25, 2023.

Tags:
  1. mikemartin#2343

mikemartin#2343 New Member

SD70ACE, C40-8W, AC400CW, CTC-3 headlights don't shine bright enough when you run at night. If this small fix can be taken care of ill be happy, it's fun running at night, but not when your headlights are at the max and still can't see the track ahead of you.

• Like Like x 2
  2. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

What I do not understand is, these are simple small fixes, like the horn and headlight issue. All that's needed is just do it!

3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

That would mean ai drivers would blind you or everything is washed out due to how headlights currently work in tsw. It doesn't have the tech where it doesn't cast light on the ground in the morning and only casts at night.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

Sloppy, out of date tech. It's 2023, not 2000!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Isn’t Boston Sprinter getting the patch that will bring the lighting to TSW 3 standards soon?

6. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

No idea..all the old dlcs need updates bad.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rennekton#1349

Yes it is. It's getting brand new lighting and volumetric clouds.

8. rennekton#1349

It's a lot of dlc to upgrade. There's over 50 dlc that would need to be updated. And up to the special projects team which is quite small. If they can't bring it to every single dlc, I would want at least the rush hour routes to receive the new lighting and clouds since those are really popular.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

Right, but for example, Clinchfield needs some scenery filled in places. Looks bland. Next, the F7 needs a new horn..prototypical. Last, some of the engines when in lead have no front headlight on. Easy quick fixes..not complicated. Then it would be pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  10. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but how did we get from "headlights don't shine bright enough", an issue that can actually prevent people from driving these trains properly at night, to scenery and horn problems?
    Sorry mike#4092 but I can play Clinchfield just fine without the scenery problems you mention. My eyes are glued to the speedometer, since most of these branches have a 10mph limit, and if you exceed the limit, you take silver not gold.
    Also, since I've never been in a real F7 and can't tell the difference, the horn sounds good enough to me.
    Finally, with F7, there's no way to control the trail engine's lights, like in the SD40, so you have to climb into the other loco to manually turn on the headlights.
    My point here is that these things are issues for some people, not everyone. I understand your point of view, with the scenery and the accuracy of the horn, but they don't prevent me from completing the services on Clinchfield. Bad lights at night is a different issue: if it rains, in order to see anything, I use the external camera (place it in front of the lead loco).

11. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

irl, headlights aren't used for the drivers to see what's ahead of them, they are used to basically show the presence of the train from a far (ish) distance, it's more about safety

12. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

Then I guess you like half done garbage and do not hold a game company to any standards. It's called being lazy. If you are trying to mimic a time period and route then it would seem important to create it without leaving out obvious things. I like detail, like the majority on here. When I'm driving a train I expect to see details, like in the prototypical climate. You just keep on playing with low standards in mind pal. Have a nice day.

13. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

Hello DTG Matt please could you have a look on this?
    we don't see anything at night with the BR 185, 4024 etc
    Thanks!!!