Creator's Content Suggestion

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ieuanman, Jan 26, 2023.

?
  1. This would improve creator's club

22 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. This would not improve creator's club

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ieuanman

Ieuanman Member

When downloading creator's content such as loco liverys. I have noticed that they automatically load into your timetable mades even when at times you may not won't them too.

I would like them to give us a button in the settings to enable and disable creator's content so that there not just always loading into are timetable modes? This way we can decide when we won't to use creator's content and when we don't.

As at the moment I need to keep uninstalling my loco liveries just so I can play my timetable modes without creator's content liveries.

What do the rest of you think?

• Like Like x 2
  2. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

Yes, this is an absolutely necessary feature. Even just a simple on/off toggle would be great. Even better would be the ability to toggle individual liveries.

• Like Like x 2
  3. elric#1386

elric#1386 Well-Known Member

I agree 100%, The Livery Designer seriously needs improving!
    It is so much of a distraction and off putting to see a train that you are in the process of creating a livery for being driven by AI. I'm sorry DTG something needs to be done about this! When have you, in the real world ever see a partly painted train in full service? When have you in the real world ever seen trainsets with identical marking?
    It just doesn't happen!
    We need the option to make our liveries live, and if they can be operated by AI.
    Another issue is that if you put a name plate and numbers on your stocks design. Then when you see it being operated by AI, it is exactly the same as what you are driving!
    If we had the power to assign say a livery to AI-1, AI-2, AI-3 etc we could create individual Trainsets in our liveries with their own unique markings?
    This would make it look better and more realistic!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

It is not only that, I would even go so far in saying that we need a slider to adjust:
    - how likely a specific livery is to appear (from 0%, not at all, to 100%, all the time)
    - how likely a specific loco is to sub in (same as above)

I love the substitution system, but sometimes I personally don’t want a specific loco, why should that hinder everyone else? So having that option that everyone can adjust to their taste is an absolute must. I for example don’t have any creator club content subscribed because I cannot chose when and how it appears, very unfortunate cause there is good stuff :(

• Like Like x 2
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I've put my case on this previously
    • on the player end - "show CC content", "Don't show CC content"
    • on the creator end - "Show this content", "Do not show this content", "Apply by region", "Apply by date", "Apply by unit / loco number"
    This would give full flexibility and control over what content is shown and how it's applied, meaning if you have a class 170 you can determine whether it's XC, Northern, TfW etc by region or unit, or you could do BR 91111 or 91110 which are specific loco paint jobs and they would only ever apply to those locos and never anything else

Presumably you could also do an "off the rails" where these would be overridden, but for me the reason I DON'T use CC content is the random nature of it's application

• Like Like x 3
  6. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

Getting to decide whether or not custom liveries appear is a good idea. However, overall the system is inconsistent and has larger issues to address.

Take, for instance, CRR, which I recently purchased on sale. What is the status for custom liveries on this route? For starters, custom liveries never, ever appear at all on wagons. In this case, the addition of a slider probably wouldn't work, because whether you select them or not, I assume they still wouldn't work.

For locos the situation is somewhat different. On certain services, the custom liveries never seem to be applied. However, when I spawn in to Dante loco sheds, there are some locos lashed up and they ALWAYS seem to be sporting custom liveries, and never the stock livery. Then there is an F7 at Berta that seems to cycle nicely between custom and stock liveries. Where does all this inconsistency within the SAME DLC even come from?

For a route that works well, I might point to SPG. The custom liveries appear on all the wagons and all the locos, often enough that you notice, but not so much that the stock liveries don't appear. My suggestion would be to bring all DLCs up to this standard, before adding in any customization. It is very unclear to me why there is so much variation in the appearance of custom liveries across DLCs in the first place; why can't they all work the same way, and all work well, since DTG has shown that it is possible? Yet another TSW mystery.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ieuanman

Ieuanman Member

These are all really good suggestions that I hope the developers will take a look at

• Like Like x 1