Rivets’ New Scottish Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Dec 22, 2022.

1. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I think the issue is that Matt has more knowledge than others in the room, what irritates me is how you get a room of 3 people but only one person can actually drive & answer questions? I think it’s time JD learns how to drive, or as you say, introduce another person into the mix to do so.

• Like Like x 4
  2. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

1st the 385 front window was surprisingly limited when looking thru it,Heck you could most likely see better thru a porthole on a ship then that puny window.(Tunnel vision seems likely at some point)
    2nd The moths where funny in the fact that this games now introducing bugs as a feature instead of a issue.(Yes i know there not the same but the word bugs is so associated with this game it's hard to not notice the double edge sword)
    3rd The Trams
    A Look good (Very well modeled)
    B Runs nicely
    C Has seating inside
    But
    A You can't drive it
    B You can't ride in it
    C You can't even livery editor it.
    This is one great addition thats totally useless (Great job.)
    Yea i know it's only for show BUT it's done way to good for something you can do anything with.
    As for the big stations well at least now you can put that "miles walked" meter to good use.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  3. Sprinter

Sprinter Well-Known Member

I wish they invested more time/effort in getting the 385 sounds right/more real. Train sounds are for me one of the most important things contributing to the immersion. Matt said something about a patch in the future?

• Like Like x 5
  4. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

:D

• Like Like x 3
  5. jamster47

jamster47 Well-Known Member

Thought it was a 1st day purchase but sadly not for me after hearing the train sounds. The train looks lovely and really well done as does the route. But the unit has some unique sound characteristics which are not recreated. Sounds are so important for immersion. Seems an own goal. However does look a great route and will see further thoughts with interest.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Matt’s poor driving did bring an interesting issue to the front though. An AI train seemingly ignoring a red signal and pulling into the station behind him.

• Like Like x 2
  7. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Did they actually address the issue? I had one eye on the stream while working, next thing I heard was Matt saying something along the lines of let’s leave this here.

8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

They sort of just laughed it off - whether they’ll look into it not, they didn’t say anything.

• Like Like x 3
  9. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

There was no issue, Matt had already passed a signal and the AI train would have pulled up to the station with a red shown.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I don’t remember seeing him pass a signal after going through the station. When he was reversing there was a signal behind him (which would have been in front of the station).

11. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Just had a quick check of the preview, see 1hr 24mins 32secs into the stream. After passing the station he went through a green, so there was no problem with the AI arriving as per normal.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yeah you’re right. I didn’t see that. My bad.

• Like Like x 2
  13. fiobhaniar

fiobhaniar New Member

Is it still a midnight release on xbox?

14. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

The new video "10 in 10" shows us that nighttime, at least in Edinburgh, will have building lite up nicely

15. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Hopefully someone will come along and fix this, if you know who i am talking about ;):D:cool:

16. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Or maybe in fact let the companies that created the route drive it, because they know the in and out since they are the one created, which in this case would be Jasper

17. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

No, I believe they said it would be at around 10am UK time.

18. fiobhaniar

fiobhaniar New Member

I thought that was just PC?

19. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

PC (Steam) is normally much later. 6pm UK I think. There hasn’t been a midnight release on console for a while.

20. fiobhaniar

fiobhaniar New Member

must be new. got west mids and 323 at midnught but that was last one i bought

21. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Matt talked about how there are talks with scotrail but no plans make plans to go record. There's no guarantee it will actually be able to happen and come to the game. After all, up to scotrail and if they don't have time to lend rivet a 385 for a whole day, it wouldn't really be possible

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Seems like it changes every time lol.

I miss the consistent midnight release on xbox

23. amyinorbit

amyinorbit Active Member

I agree. The initial motor driver whine is there, but past 10-15 mph the sounds are completely removed from reality, which is a shame, especially in a unit with such poor noise insulation (you can hear every tiny thing when travelling on these). The most glaring one is the shift in the VVVF drive sound around 25 mph, where the real units go from a high-pitched whine to a low buzzing. It's extremely noticeable and characteristic of the Hitachi trains we have, and it's a shame to not get that in the sim

• Like Like x 3
  24. amyinorbit

amyinorbit Active Member

A couple of examples of said drive change:

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

The whole point that RVG is missing sound from the official train so they try to make an arrangement with ScotRail to do but for now this is the deal!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Just seen on dad-rails stream some platforms don't have stop car markers and he picked up an error arriving at Waverley but the announcement thought it was haymarket when he used.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Station (no lighting) bug I've just seen is still present. I asked about this on stream Tuesday 3-4 times with other people

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  28. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Has he commented on the brakes?

29. mikec1701d

mikec1701d Active Member

Against my better judgment I bought the route because I really like the idea of driving from Waverley to Glasgow and have tonnes of ideas for custom scenarios. I began by spawning inside Waverley (a station which I’m very familiar) and initially I was impressed. Then I began walking - the performance was a bit sluggish even on my Series X. I walked to the impressive waiting room and despite them modelling the other shops outside the inside of the waiting room was empty.

In reality there’s a travel office - they could have at least textured the wall with that of a travel centre.

The exit up to Princes Street is just missing. Not there. Would it have been a challenge to render a set of steps and escalators and block it with an invisible wall. Same goes for the other side, the exit isn’t there. The bridge to the side platforms is missing and no exit. As it stands the only entrance and exit to the station is the ramps which aren’t heavily used in real life.

And then there’s the glowing sleepers in the tunnels exiting Waverley. Literally luminescent sleepers in the tunnel.

This route desperately needed a lot more QA. I’ve uninstalled and asked for a refund.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

Better wait until release for PC and test it by youre self! It's not the best way to look on a livestream! This is depending on so much settings! Exemple is the streamquality and the setup of the streamer!

31. SHINO BAZ

What's the point of modeling a big detailed station if you leave half of the details and needed areas out.

• Like Like x 2
  32. mikec1701d

mikec1701d Active Member

I noticed this at Waverley. No travel centre in the big waiting room (couldn’t have at least put a texture on the correct wall?)

Also walls where the main entrances are - There’s stairs/escalators up to Princes street, I don’t see why they couldn’t have added those and blocked them with an invisible wall. And a wall where the bridge is leading to Market Street/platforms 8 & 9 - again could have been modelled and blocked with an invisible wall.

For all they bang on about accuracy etc they leave some glaring omissions. Also Edinburgh Waverley is a busy station but in game it’s a ghost town.

• Like Like x 2
  33. OlPaco

OlPaco Member

Looks like a rough start for xbox. I'm eagerly awaiting initial feedback for PC when it releases later today.
    Also a question for those already having a go, how are passengers on the route? Do they interact with your train (board/deboard) or does one drive empty trains?

34. SHINO BAZ

I'm glad the trams are totally useless because if they had been i would have bought this route right away and god only know what a mess they could have been considering the other growing issues list.Dodged a HST there.

35. Sprinter

Sprinter Well-Known Member

Just watched dadrail stream. Went from looking forward to buying it, to don't know if i should. Stop markers missing. The train sounds like a looping jet engine at full speed and like the RABe 523 sounds are mixed in there. No station announcements/lighting. Tms is broken anyway on xbox atm. Pax doors open while driving. Stream was fun to watch so many bugs.
    to quote dadrail on rivet routes: "Everything looks incredible, but nothing works" lol

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
  36. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Sorry, didn’t see this question. We’ve passed this on to Rivet (it’s likely that, because they were in development at the same time, the change wasn’t in the builds the Art team were using when the route was being built).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

That’s kind of silly don’t you think?

Look at how excitable the forum was when this route was announced, to how it is now since the preview and release.

The DLC seems very undercooked.

• Like Like x 14
  38. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

looks like wait for sales to me. this route just looks dead and wrong

• Like Like x 2
  39. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I’m hearing Rivet left on ‘do not dispatch beyond current instruction’, which means to obtain a green signal, you have to close the doors on a red signal, to which it will then turn green after doing so… This is what the old TSW 2 routes used to do.

There really does seem to be a communication and check list problem between Rivet and DTG it. How on earth are things like not using the latest TSW 3 functions not checked before release?!

• Like Like x 14
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. SHINO BAZ

Not meaning to get of topic but a TSW3 core update just popped up and it doesn't address what it for.

• Like Like x 1
  41. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well look on the bright side... As I alluded to in another thread hopefully we will get the BR Blue "rescue" alternative timetable pop up in a week or two, then wait until 60% off in the Easter Sale. Otherwise it can stay on the digital shelf and rot.

• Like Like x 5
  42. geoallison

geoallison New Member

Is it possible to use the 385 on other routes, like the Cathcart circle as in real life?

Cheers

43. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yes, via scenario planner only.

44. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Dear oh dear

Well for me this route quickly turned from "oh, look forward to this, nice new features too" to "Oh! Really! those basic TSW3 features missing and wrong ballast, wrong sounds with wrong OHLE, hmmmm, looks like I'll pick it up in 60%+ sale" and now to "Nah, think I'll deffo give this one a miss, even in a big sale, UNLESS there are major improvements"

• Like Like x 5
  45. paulossj4

paulossj4 Active Member

All I know is that I went to start a job and everything in the cabin was locked, so when I went to get out of the seat I was catapulted onto the roof of Glasgow....

• Like Like x 2
  46. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  47. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

Pathetic. Nowhere near good enough.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  48. DTG JD

can I ask which platform you’re on please?

If you pre-ordered on Steam, for some reason it seems to have split the release and there was a post-release patch available about 10 minutes after launch (not us). Can I check you’re on build 205, please?

49. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

DTG JD, my version of ScotRail was an automatic dl. How to I check the version number to see it is 205?

50. DTG JD

I would say if you have no update for the route queued or ready to download, you’re likely to be fine.