XBX/XBS Glasgow Edinburgh Performance

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by robert.miller, Jan 27, 2023.

1. robert.miller

robert.miller Member

I am by no means a tech expert but I immediately noticed how much smoother this runs than other TSW3 routes. I wasn't going to purchase this at first because of how it looked on livestream but I couldn't resist it and so glad that I did. The window is not an issue after zooming in a bit and the TMS I'm not all that bothered about. After thinking I'd be disappointed I ended up very pleased. The only thing that I can complain about is the barely audible AWS on a caution signal.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

It’s not surprising as the Hitachi A train of which this part of that family is a solid lightning fast train myself I’ve put it through scenario planner doing a London to Brighton via Gatwick run and effortlessly got over 100 mph out of her

• Like Like x 1
  3. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

How are you finding the in-cab noise levels?

• Like Like x 1
  4. sophieclarke1983

To be honest I pay little attention to the noise I find myself concentrating more on the traction brake controller as for me this is first notchless controller so find I adapt my driving as though driving modern day tram which uses same notchless mechanism so find have to be more on ball with no notches but I do expect in grand scheme of things for audio refinements as that is a big thing to a lot of people

5. Princess Entrapta

I'm still on the fence on getting it and the cab noise stands out as one of the biggest remaining issues for me personally, from what I have seen of the route in action. But silver lining to my internet still being down with an ETA of monday on fixing it, is that I have no real rush to buy it. Hopefully more folks can get direct recordings of running the route without the audio being attenuated for voiceover like the preview stream, to help me decide.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sophieclarke1983

Yes that is something rivet and DTG looking into and as per preview stream talks are ongoing with scotrail in this matter

7. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Hi Princess Entrapta ,
    Not to downplay the issue, as we do have it logged for further investigation. However, you can cut out most of the cab noise by simply closing all the interior doors.

8. Princess Entrapta

Thanks for taking a moment to directly respond to me on this.
    Most footage I have seen of runs on this route on youtube so far, the cab did seem to be more the kind of noise I associate usually with exterior cams, however if it can be mitigated, or those runs are not necessarily representative, I will feel a lot safer pulling the trigger on getting one of my most anticipated routes.

• Like Like x 1