PlayStation Question About Scotrail Timetable

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by KatiaBLR, Jan 27, 2023.

1. KatiaBLR

KatiaBLR Well-Known Member

Hi

I'm on PS4 so don't have access to Edinburgh - Glasgow yet.

For anyone in the know, could you please tell me about the Class 385 driveable services

So obviously I imagine there are lots of full-length services covering the whole route, but what I want to know is are there also lots of playable services between Edinburgh and Polmont (as part of Edinburgh - Dunblane route) and also between Glasgow and Croy (as part of Glasgow - Alloa)?

And if so, how many (roughly) are there of the shorter driveable services please?

I'm really hoping there are Dunblane services, and plenty of them throughout the working timetable, as otherwise to access the Edinburgh side of the route I'd always have to play the full route instead of part-route when I'm short of time if that makes sense.

Anyway any info would be appreciated

Thanks
    Katia

2. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

On Xbox it’s showing 156 class 385 services the Dunblane services are the 3 car varient of the 385 the others being 4 car variant the 4 car services are Eastfield depot and Alloa and the Glasgow to Edinburgh the 3 car services are Dunblane/Edinburgh Waverley services on 3 car timetable

• Like Like x 1
  3. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Also both the 3 and 4 car service timetables are packed from early to late with services also if you own Cathcart circle ⭕️ there are 2 limited stop service rail tours for the class 314 from Cathcart circle

• Like Like x 1
  4. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

I believe there are some RHTT's and A.I RHTT's as someone previously mentioned 156 Class 385 services. There are some A.I tram services and 2 314 railtour services.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Scott295

Scott295 Well-Known Member

62 services for the Dunblane route and as many, if not more, for the Alloa route. Not full length services though, as you rightly state.

• Like Like x 2
  6. KatiaBLR

KatiaBLR Well-Known Member

Thank you that's great to know!

On the stream I only saw Glasgow - Alloa (so Glasgow - Croy for the add-on) and thought that they hadn't added the Dunblane services from Edinburgh - Polmont.

But if it's a case of 4 car services to Alloa and 3 car services to Dunblane (or vice-versa, i haven't seen the route to drive yet) and the 3/4 car services are on separate menus when you select your service, that makes more sense.

Happy there are plenty of short options as well as the full Glasgow - Edinburgh services, should make for more variety hopefully!

Thanks everyone for the info!

Katia

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scott295

Scott295 Well-Known Member

Yes 3 and 4 car services are listed separately so Dunblane has its own list separate to all the other services as it is the only service with 3 cars..

• Like Like x 2