Upcoming Release Train Sim World 3: Laudable Lowlands

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Pookiebarra

Pookiebarra Active Member

This is not a Hypothetical route though..This is Scotland's main line between Scotland's two major cities. It has loads of I opportunitiesfor AI Glasgow to Dunblane/Dundee/Inverness/Aberdeen / Waverly to Fife..If you have ever stood on the platforms at Haymarket you would known..314 was withdrawn from service before this Sims time frame, and never run in the East..

• Like Like x 2
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The logic is that newer trains can't layer into older routes: the layer has to be built into the route when it's first made (unless, as has been done in a couple of cases, the older route gets a timetable overhaul).

In any event, the 314s were gone when the 385s came in.

3. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Yes, I've learned about 385 and 314 are coming from different time frames pretty fast after Glasgow - Edinburg was confirmed.

I just wish that DTG along with 3rd parties, when planning new routes, among other crutial factors, would take under consideration also currently available rolling stock in game.

Starting with Rush Hour BML I thought we will be getting UK routes with more and more dense traffic, not it being an exceptional DLC and then back to 1-2 layers on whole route.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, I think many of us thought BML was the start of a new era in TSW. But then, Rush Hour passengers never arrived and, except for BPE, haven't really been seen since.

However, given the number of services and the excellent route creation overall, it's still the best modern UK route.

It would have been even better if some older loco- hauled and slam door stock had replaced the Electrostars.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  5. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

When I mention hypothetical route, I am not referring to Edinburgh-Glasgow at all. When I refer to a hypothetical route (purely as an example), this was specifically referencing if this second ScotRail route had been elsewhere instead i.e. from Glasgow Central to say somewhere like Wemyss Bay. My whole original point was would it have been better to have had a ScotRail route from Central in the same era as the 314 with perhaps a 380 as the new loco, which combined could have been great for more services, busier timetable (and variety) and better gameplay. The real Edinburgh-Glasgow route is iconic, but would have liked to have seen the route on TSW at a later point when more existing rolling stock is available.

6. Pookiebarra

Pookiebarra Active Member

I agree, sorry if i misunderstood you.

• Like Like x 1