XBX/XBS Class 385 Announcements And Aws

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by oakleymoss#1362, Jan 27, 2023.

1. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

Hi, I would like to report an issue I have when driving the new BR Class 385. The noise of the on board announcements and the AWS are very quiet when driving the train. I fully understand that announcements are meant to be quiet for the driver as they are more for the passenger's benefit then the driver's but it does kinda bug me. the AWS is my main issue as it is a saftey system which you can barely hear when the train is in motion expecially at the faster speeds. I don't know if these issues are because they are to quiet or that the cab noise in to loud.

• Like Like x 2
  2. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

It’s a issue that DTG have logged for looking into they said but they also say in meantime closing the doors up make it quieter in cab

• Like Like x 1
  3. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I don't really have a problem with the TMS volume, but i can't hear the AWS in the Class 385 at all, especially the "all clear" tone. Series X, fwiw.

The REALLY weird thing is I think somehow this is a route issue not an issue with the 385. The reason i say this is because i ran the Class 314 railtour on E-G, and the "all clear" AWS tone was barely audible, whereas it's the normal volume when I drive it on Cathcart.

Has anyone tried driving the 385 on a different route? Gonna give it a try next time i get a chance to play.

• Like Like x 2
  4. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Yes I’ve driven it on Gatwick express London to Brighton using scenario planner