PlayStation From Ps4 To Ps5

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by zakbevington, Jan 27, 2023.

1. zakbevington

zakbevington Member

Hi all. I’ve recently ordered a ps5 (comes next week) and I have a question. Is it simple to download tsw3 and my DLC’s once I sign in my PlayStation account with my PS5 or do I have to buy the game again and start from the beginning. Any help would greatly be appreciated thank you in advance. P.S. i didn’t know if there was a thread on this already so apologies.

2. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

It's very simple, the system automatically detects that you own TSW3 and all previously purchased add-ons and will give you the option to download the ps4 or ps5 version for free. The only problem is the 64 Gb DLC limit but this seems to be pretty close to being fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. zakbevington

zakbevington Member

Thankyou for getting back to me I was beginning to regret buying a ps5 but if it’s simple I’m happy

4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

In terms of progress, it does not transfer over. Only ps4 to ps4 and ps5 to ps5 transfers over when you import your profile to tsw3. Other than that, what the previous user said is true.

• Like Like x 1
  5. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

Just be aware you won't be able to transfer your save data from the PS4 version to the PS5 version. To download your owned DLC, once the game is installed highlight the game icon and press options on the controller, then "manage game content", and it will all be listed here

• Like Like x 1
  6. dudders

dudders Well-Known Member

If you want a smooth experience play the Ps4 version of tsw3 on your ps5 less stuttering even none at all on the older routes. I'm afraid the ps5 version of tsw3 is not optimized enough and is very stuttering on some routes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s no worse than what you may have already experienced on the PS4 though and in the PS5 version you get all the extra layers in routes that may not be present in the PS4 version, plus better textures etc. Try both versions, see which you prefer.

• Like Like x 1