PC Credit Where Credit Is Due

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Bravo2six, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

With all of these negative posts about the ScotRail route going around, I just wanted to chip in and say that, despite it's minor bugs/ issues, it is a fantastic route.

The atmosphere is very good and the attention to detail seems spot on, the countless humans at junctions/ depots/ yards brings the route to life, alongside the details such as stations, complete trackside fencing ;) and town/ city scapes.

Well done Rivet!

• Like Like x 9
  2. flirt745

flirt745 Active Member

Edinburgh - Glasgow certainly does have a lot of detail. Another nice touch is hearing bagpipes playing at Edinburgh Waverley.

• Like Like x 2
  3. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

Most of the negativity stemmed from the FUD about the brakes before anyone outside of testers had played the route, and the hysteria that resulted from that, which ended up being entirely unfounded. Maybe the members concerned should take a step back and think before speculating on events which they themselves have not experienced

I won't be buying the route myself until its discounted, but that's entirely down to finances rather than quality; the route looks great and I'm looking forward (eventually) to playing it

• Like Like x 1
  4. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Here here I’m with you on that 110% also not forgetting how quick rivet and DTG were to respond also as soon as aware of issues and issues highlighted in forums I emailed rivet and therefore a big thanks should personally go to Jasper community manager at rivet games for his very swift reply to my email

• Like Like x 3
  5. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Great there's people along the route, not so there's none at stations

• Like Like x 3
  6. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

The class 385 is very detailed. As for Edinburgh Waverly very detailed and fabulous, Rivet did a great job . But looking at Glasgow Queen Street the quality is not the same.
    The sound of the class 385 is dreadful and not accurate.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  7. bogallan1

bogallan1 Member

Yes, for me the route and train is very playable and I am enjoying it a great deal. I am not too concerned about the sounds on the 385 to be honest, I know some folks are so I appreciate where they are coming from too.

8. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I really like the modeling of the train, stations and environment which is the strong suit of Rivet. I like the new features and the 385. Just waiting on some fixes, mainly around the loud running & wind sound in cab. I know there is a workaround, but would like it to be turned down a little bit. Other than that, as long as I can play the game, I am happy and would like to thank Rivet for always bringing something new and moving forward

• Like Like x 1
  9. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

I was SUPER thrown by the exits not being modelled at Waverley. Most stations in the game would just have an invisible wall at the bottom of the stairs there. How do you get out to Princes St and Market St???

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  10. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

I don't own the route ive just seen from watching twitch stream.