PS5 Class 313 Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mattty May, Jan 28, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve just spent the late morning, early afternoon operating the BR Class 313 on TSW 3 for PS5. I haven’t played with it in a while and quite enjoyed it barring a few issues. I don’t know if these issues are prototypical of the train set itself or problems with Simugraph, but here they are…

Acceleration
    • When accelerating the 313 seemed to surge quite aggressively at various points. Both on East Coastway and London Commuter.
    • I’d get quite a bit of wheel slip without putting too much demand on the unit.
    Braking
    • When braking, there appeared to be little to no difference between Step 1 and Step 2. Braking seemed very ineffective in both steps.
    • Moving into Step 1 resulted in the appearance of quite an aggressive move forward in the cab - almost resulting in me face planting the inside of the windscreen.
    • Braking also resulted in quite a bit of wheel slip at various times without putting undue pressure on the unit.
    Switching Rails
    • Switching rails or taking slight bends resulted in the internal camera being aggressively flung left and right or right and left depending on the track layout. I barely stayed on my seat.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  2. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

From what I can help with, apparently you are supposed to increment the throttle to series, then parallel, then weak field. I like to go series to like 10-15 mph, then parallel to 20-25 mph, then weak field after that. (apparently some drivers have blown the entire Seaford branch by going straight to weak field!)

You will get some wheelslip when going into weak field, but it is not prototypical, and is a bug. It doesn't last more than a second for me.

IRL, Southern drivers turn off the "dynamic braking control" on the panel behind you, and drive on the physical brakes alone. There is a bug where if you apply brakes, then release them, then apply them again, the dynamic brake will go into full service even though you are in step 1 and have dynamic braking control switched off. To get around this, when you apply the brakes and need to release them, apply a small amount of power and then take it off before applying brakes again. (I apply shunt power for 0.5 seconds or less to reset the dynamic brake)

In terms of switching rails, that's probably a matter of perspective. It may seem alright to some, it may not. The most you can do is dial down the camera sway but that is far from ideal.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

With regards the speed this train is camshaft controlled unlike the thyristor controlled 314 so it will be more jerky a lot like the bakerloo 1972 stock that works in same way it’s a characteristic of the 313 drive mechanism

• Like Like x 2