Question For The Devs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by steamfan#1309, Jan 26, 2023.

1. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

When will there be a new (full)route DLC for the US that's not a part of the base game? The last one you guys released was around a year ago (give or take a month). I am tired of this neglect, I feel my local rail industry isn't being represented as it should.

2. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

Cajon Pass September 22
    Horseshoe Curve April 22
    Harlem March 22

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

What's a full route to you? A route won't ever feel complete due to how long they are. For example, some routes are hundreds of miles long or even thousands. They're not neglecting the US. There's the acela coming soon and a new us passenger route. No dates announced so be patient rather than bashing dtg.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Even some full routes aren't even that long and dtg wont even bother making a full route.

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Your definition of a full route and someone else's might be completely different, and with regards to releases "base routes" are still routes, so the one you got with TSW3 was a released route. The UK didn't get a full route release when TSW3 came out so at least you had that one!

• Like Like x 5
  6. tallboy7648

None of the base routes are full line routes. Not sure why you think they are

• Like Like x 1
  7. ARuscoe

There's not one route in the game which is a "full line route" other than the Isle of Wight and that's only because it's on an island.
    It would be very hard to make a route that doesn't also go somewhere else in some fashion unless it literally was one end point to another end point with no junctions in between

• Like Like x 1
  8. tallboy7648

So Im guessing the Bakerloo Line isn't a full line route. Cathcart Circle also isn't a full line route either?

• Like Like x 3
  9. ARuscoe

You can go straight on from the end of the Bakerloo up to Watford Junction and the Mainline next to it obviously goes on further
    Cathcart - Newton isn't a terminal station

10. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

This is just semantics?!

For me a full route would be the beginning and end of a service or what would be considered a complete journey or a route going up to a junction station for instance.

The Bakerloo is a complete route as far as I am concerned as it includes the complete journey/route which the underground trains run on. Same with Cathcart, Cross City, the Seaford Branch etc.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Training Center is a full route and is also infinitely long.

• Like Like x 7
  12. ARuscoe

SO the St Albans Branch, half of the Cornwall Branches etc would also be "full routes". I doubt many would accept that
    The only real "complete routes" we have in game would be the Bakerloo if you don't want the LO, Arosa, Faversham unless you want the ones which don't terminate there and maybe the BML if you only count the trains which go from VIC to Brighton (which they no longer do in real life)

13. steamfan#1309

Say Boston to Province

14. steamfan#1309

Yes, that's about a year ago

15. FredElliott

September is 4 months ago

• Like Like x 5
  16. steamfan#1309

That one route came with the base game

17. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

Cant please everyone. Think of people that are not in the US Canada UK Germany France. There are no Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Korean, African routes etc. At least there are plenty of US routes available.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I agree. In that sense BML, BCC and E to G feel like full " journeys " . It's always more satisfying to drive a complete route.
    Much as I enjoy BPE, it always feels a bit truncated when you arrive at Providence.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. rennekton#1349

Chinese and Japanese routes are being made by Union Workshop. Other countries require the licenses and all that stuff and being able to take a reference trip.

20. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

missed the point but ok

21. FredElliott

Which matters how?

• Like Like x 1
  22. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

In Canada, we only have one, and you can not even finish the accomplishment as there is not enough run to get to level 20

23. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

Again not my point. people complain about not having multiple routes in their country when some people don't have any. sure you can complain about having 1 but its 1 more than others have.

• Like Like x 1
  24. steamfan#1309

There is word of a Chinese route in planning

25. steamfan#1309

Read the base question

26. steamfan#1309

Agreed, and I love that route

27. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Question for you: Do you read the roadmaps? :)

• Like Like x 4
  28. steamfan#1309

Yes, the TLDR because of my available time. Yes, I'm aware of the new route that we've been waiting for confirmation since, what November if I recall. There have also been plenty of routes coming before it, that have been mentioned after, say the new German route.

29. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

I think Matts point is that their is a US route coming, which will probably be released in February or March.

30. rennekton#1349

On February 5, dtg will host a stream where they will have big announcements and teasers and stuff so look forward to that. I think route announcements depend on how far along in development they are or when the devs themselves are comfortable sharing. Niddertalbahn was probably announced cuz it's closer to release than say the US route. The US route by dtg is probably taking a while to be announced cuz either really large or they haven't really chosen two end points or work still ongoing so they can't confirm anything. Best thing to do is to wait patiently. Things will come as time goes

• Like Like x 1
  31. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

waves his magic wand and poof another route released :P

32. monstamash#2327

monstamash#2327 Member

For the love of trains, please let the new US route be freight. Living in the US my entire life and being a train enthusiast, passenger services are not popular. Very few states even offer passenger services. USA is the home of the freight train. Trains that are miles long, go slow and make you wait forever at crossings. That's why freight trains are loved in the US.

• Like Like x 1
  33. rennekton#1349

It's passenger. You already got cajon pass with the release of tsw3. Us passenger fans didn't get a passenger route for almost a year. I actually prefer fast passenger routes over boring slow freight. There's still a good amount of passenger content I want to see such as the rest of the northeast corridor, more nyc commuter routes and the subway system and any loco dlcs. So passenger content is nowhere near done

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  34. monstamash#2327

monstamash#2327 Member

Just because you think US freight is boring, don't make it so. My opinion, slow US freight is fantastic. See, we all have different opinions. Seems like you would like add ons to routes we already have. How creative. Like it or love, freight trains are the Boss in the US. Slow and all. Passenger service trains don't even turn a profit in the US. Meanwhile, freight companies earn billions.

• Like Like x 1
  35. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

That's actually one of the saddest thing's I've read today.

• Like Like x 3
  36. rennekton#1349

Most of the American freight routes we have in tsw were also released in tsc. I'm just saying dtg has to please people who only enjoy passenger and those who only enjoy freight. Doesn't matter if freight makes a profit.

37. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I know, imagine having to live in the States for your entire life ! ! !

• Like Like x 5
  38. rennekton#1349

Well many US passenger routes are run by diesels which are slow and inefficient. Even the electrified sections like the nec aren't the best. And sometimes service and all that isn't great too or too expensive or stuff always breaking down. It's nothing compared to German and uk traction which run more frequently and faster. Public transportation overall isn't the best in the US. So it makes sense

39. monstamash#2327

monstamash#2327 Member

As sad as it may be, it's true. Most states don't even offer passenger service routes. Mainly on the east coast. Where as freight services have been a staple in the US since railroading began. The majority of model trains in the US will be freight related. And I love that. You won't even meet very many Americans who have ridden a train in the US. Subways excluded.

40. monstamash#2327

monstamash#2327 Member

As difficult as it may seem, several people who play the game, never played TSC. Especially since consoles have been extremely popular over the past 20 years.

41. monstamash#2327

monstamash#2327 Member

I know. Crazy thing is, people from all over the world will do anything to get here. Oh well.

42. Crosstie

Yes, I was just thinking that this morning as I was shoveling snow around the house for about the 50th year running.

I could have spent my life in Bali or Corfu or, better still, in sunny Dewsbury.

Do they have passenger trains in Yorkshire?

• Like Like x 1
  43. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Yes, passenger trains suck over here in the states, and it probably wont ever get fixed, no matter who's in office. (unless the US somehow infrastructure gets destroyed to the point where everything has to be rebuilt.)

• Like Like x 1
  44. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

You did heard about the new LIRR Terminal call Grand Central Madison, i believe that is going to be a route, but not officially yet, probably sometime this summer

45. monstamash#2327

monstamash#2327 Member

Crazy thing is in the US there are states like Florida, Arizona, Southern California, Nevada, etc where you don't have to worry about snow. Instead of a place thousands of miles away.

46. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

But then you have to deal with potential earthquakes, hurricanes, and extreme heat....

47. monstamash#2327

monstamash#2327 Member

No matter where you live, you have plus and minuses of nature. Real men have dealt with it since the beginning of time.

48. Crosstie

Crazier thing is all those places you mention are more than a thousand miles away.
    But I get your point.

49. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Yup. The nice thing about the U.S. is that, whatever your personal likes and dislikes re. climate, you can find a place to live that works for you. My dad always hated cold Midwestern winters, so he moved to Southern California, where the temperature is mostly pleasant. Of course, they do have quakes, smoke from wildfires, water rationing, the bone-dry Santa Ana winds, joggers occasionally getting dragged off the path by mountain lions, etc. But winter isn't cold.

Oh, and they don't have fireflies. Why would anyone want to live somewhere without fireflies in the summer?

50. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

As a Brit with some experience of US trains, I understand where you're coming from, but I still think that's a bit unfair. Many large US metro areas have quite good, cheap commuter trains (even LA!) and the Bos-Wash corridor is well-served. The long-haul Amtrak services (the Chief, Zephyr, etc) are mainly used by railfans, holiday-makers and those unwilling/unable to fly - nobody's really agonising whether to take the train from LA to Chicago (44 hours on a good day) or fly (4hr 35). Even if you're only going one or two stops on those routes, it will still take many hours, services are mostly daily or less frequent, and often very delayed.